"Dog" Breaks Ratings Record for A&E

9/21/2006 4:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog: The Family Speaks," an A&E special about the recent arrest and possible extradition of Duane Dog Chapman, was seen by 4.5 million viewers Tuesday night. The show tied the network's previously most-seen program -- a "Dog the Bounty Hunter" special about Chapman's wedding.

The broadcast set the record among viewers 18-49 for the network.

Chapman was arrested last week by U.S. marshals and released on bail. He faces possible extradition stemming from a 2003 case in which Chapman captured fugitive Andrew Luster, who was wanted on rape charges at the time, in Mexico -- where bounty hunting is illegal.

The A&E special included exclusive interview footage of Dog and his wife Beth that was shot just after his release.

the wife

The Mexican Government oughta worry more about getting rid of the drug lords and many other dangerous criminals that flee to Mexico. And maybe they should try to fix the many other problems in their country so the Mexican people can stay there and work . Let their countrymen and women have some pride and be able to support their families in their home country. Give Dog and his associates a break. They were just doing what you should have been.

Brandi

#12 I am not sure where I heard this but, a few years back I remember seeing an interview with an American couple whose claimed that they were the ones who gave Dog the tip as to Luster's whereabouts. She said in the interview that she had spotted Luster while they were in Mexico on vacation. She also said that she gave the same tip to the U S government (i.e. marshall's, I assume). Dog and Family are true hero's and should not be punished for accomplishing something the U S government could not accomplish themselves. I am with you #12, Dog and Crew made the best trained U S government officers look terrible and now they are trying to make him pay for it. Regardless, of the great deed he performed.
GOD BLESS THE DOG AND CREW, WE ALL LOVE YOU GUYS! WE WILL CONTINUE TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY IN OUR PRAYERS!

sherri

I had no idea that Andrew Luster has 87 counts of rape against him. I have always loved Dog and especially now that Dog, Tim and Leland got this piece of scum sucking pond algae off the street for the rest of us women to be safe. THANK YOU DOG.

Sounds like Mexico is a bit pissed that we might be shutting our borders to their people(although I dont know why they would be pissed) and pulled this as a ploy!

DOG and family, GOD BLESS YOU!

s

anastasia

can anyone tell me where to go to sign the petition for dog (if it is still available)

mark anthony given

I told ya'll don't mess with the dog in his own yard.
4.5 million folks can't be wrong. Dogs Rule

Unbelievable? NOT REALLY

I agree with BJ....very well put....brief and to the point

Alix

Whatever you think about Mexico, the bottom line here is that Dog "jumped bail".
He should have shown up for the July hearing, and the whole thing would have been over by now. He, above all people know the consequences of bail jumping.

wewearshort-shorts

FREE DOG! FREE DOG! FREE DOG! I can not believe that someone that puts rat bastards like Andrew Luster away is being punished like this. And lets not forget Leland and the brother...they are heros in my book!

Mel

I feel for the Chapman's. Do what is right and three years later the Max factor family pay the Mexican government to come get Dog to use as an example. BTW - Just my opinon - not fact. May God bless them and keep them safe in this time of trouble.

Also - go to www.dogthebountyhunter.com and the petition is there under FREE the Dog. You can also donate for their legal expense too.

The Gotti Boys are trash

Love you Dog, and the rest of the Crew. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I stopped by Da Kine on 9/4/2006. It was nice to see the office in action, and we got the pre-autographed photos. Thanks!!!

Mike

Look...bottom line is Dog knew he was breaking Mexican law and didn't care...While he claims to be doing God's will he is simply using God's name to make money. While I am uber-happy that he has helped put a scumbag behind bars there were other ways to do it. The Mexican authorities obviously knew who Lester was, so all Dog had to do was tell them and they would have arrested him...but oh...then he wouldn't have gotten the $$$! I feel bad for him b/c Mexican prison is probably as bad as we all imagine it to be and the US government should be protecting it's citizens...but again...he broke the law. Besides...why should Mexico do us a favor when all we do is treat them like 3rd class citizens?

Shannon

Since my S.O. is in law enforcement I have very little pity for law breakers. But there comes a point where things by pass the law.

Not only did he create justice for those victimized, he helped others FROM becoming victims.

The thing that gets me..he is as high, if not higher risk, than a narc. Why was he not placed in a Seg. Cell?

EVEN MARTHA STEWART Got treated better!

homegirl101

Posted at 5:52PM on Sep 21st 2006 by Mike

Well, Mike too bad he never received the $$$$$ since they the Mexican authorities, if that's what you want to call them........decided it was an illegal capture....he never got paid or the reward...you might say

ken carpenter

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIG BAD DOG HE SHOULDNT HAVE JUMPED BAIL HERE YOU GO IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME DONT DO THE CRIME REMEMBER WHERE YOU HERDTHAT FROM DOG YEAH THE DOG WHOS CRYS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL WHEN ITS TIME TO PAY HIS TAB IT MAKES LOOK LIKE A LIAR NOT TO MENTION A COWARD HES A CONVICTED MURDERER HE SKIPPED BAIL AND NOW HES CRYING THAT HE SHOULD BE TREATED SPECIAL BULLSHIT DOG AND HIS FAT BUTCH WIFE SHOULD STOP BEING HIPOCRITES THEM BOYS BROKE THE LAW THEY TRIED TO GET BACK ACROSS BEFORE THE MEXICAN POLICE COULD CATCH THEM SO DONT FEEL SORRY FOR THESE CRIMNALS THEIR GETTING WHAT PEOPLE WHO BREAK THE LAW GET THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH EVASION AND FLIGHT TO AVOID PROSICUTION TOO JUST GOS TO SHOW HOW A COWARDLY PERSON COULDNT MUSTER THE GUTS TO FACE THE MUSIC HE JUMPED BOND JUST LIKE THE COWARDS HE CHASES SUCK IT UP AND BE A MAN

U Know Who

Dog is a joke, have you read his self righteous bio on his page? Wow did he have ribs removed to be able to do that to himself.."his bulging bicep"..OMG rrrrraaaaalph.

And when he attempts to speak in Pidgeon I wanna throw up all over the place. He "plays" The Mr .Hawaiian guy role a bit too much, for my perosnal tastes. He's a blue eyed blonde haired Haole through and through.

His television show is good for entertainment purposes..but to act as if he is a wonderful humanitarian, and "The Greatest Bounty Hunter Ever" is silly. You DO REALIZE he catches criminals on an ISLAND (normally) for Petes Sake! He rarely comes to the mainland where there are MANY more places to hide. He's so great....catch Osama Bitch!

In the meantime don't drink the water while your in Mexican Prison.....

BlackMetal