Simon to Clay -- Give Me a Break!

9/27/2006 7:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell: Click to watchLeave it to Simon Cowell to put down a guy on Paxil.

When commenting on Clay Aiken's recent admittance that he takes the anti-depressant to deal with the fame that came with "American Idol," Cowell definitely didn't hold back.

"Oh give me a break. Let me have a choice, I'm going to work in a coal mine for 14 hours a day or I'm going to be a runner-up on 'American Idol.' Give me a break, idiot."

And while judge Paula Abdul and celebrity guest judge Olivia Newton-John both stuck up for the season two runner-up, Cowell kept the insults rolling.

"They're not working for a living, they're becoming famous ... no one's put a gun to their head ... Clay, whatever he may have said, would not swap what he's got now for what he had three years ago."

Way to be sympathetic Simon!

Whatever

No wonder other countrys look at America and think what a bunch of dopes! It's brats like Clay bitching and crying about making millions of dollars! He knew what he was gettting into by going on the show. If he is so upset he should do something else. Try going over to Iraq or visit New Orleans then come back and tell us about how "depressed" you are. He is a disgrace to the American race!!

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

He was on the Dr phil show one time.
And was suppose to be a role model for kids that get bullied.

He was like "well yessss, I got picked on in gym classs, math classs, science classs, history classs, english classs, home econ classs, Lunch, the hallsss, Busss, but I had my chior and I was singging (duh huh)...
Then the Kids on Dr Phil look at this creaton and they ar like (what the F are you talkin) about Sally, your here to help; not make things worse. In the end they all felt better, because as nerdy as they all were, they Knew that no one will
EVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS BE AS MUCH OF A TARGET AS
clay's (ass is a) akin... You should see the show its funny.....

Whatever

This guy is such a fag! Oh boo-hoo I'm so upset and sad the AI made me famous and rich I can't handle the pressure. He needs a good swift boot in the ass not paxil.

Whatever

Nancy 37 you wish all the negative comments about Clay were from one person! Dream on sweetheart! The guy is disliked by millions!

Whatever

I can't believe this has been is still news! Good for Simon for telling him what time it is! Clay must have sawdust in his brain what the heck did he think would happen if you go on a reality tv show and make it to the final two? He needs a brain transplant not drugs.

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

I agree with Akin Ass, he should be depressed, with all the abuse and just plain meaness this reject has gone through.. Its sad but at the same time SOO HILARIOUS>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cam

Oh Boo Hoo,

I'm so sick of people complaining about ridiculous things. "Oh Gee, I was so nervous at my first fashion show that I had to take a paxil to sit in the audience" The ONLY reason that people think being a celebrity is difficult is because celebrities are always going on shows like Leno or Letterman and saying how difficult it is. Well, when you only work a few months out of the year I guess waking up and getting to an appointment on time CAN seem tough. But why not go have a conversation with somebody laying bricks, or roofing, or dog grooming guess what, they're jobs are tough AND they don't make millions of dollars. Stop whining you little idiot.

Oh, and one more thing Clay, getting defensive and not answering when somebody asks if you're gay......means you are gay. You might as well just come out. If you weren't gay and it was a lie, you would have sued the tabloid for a retraction as is your right, even if YOU didn't sie, your record company would have to insure that a "false" rumor wouldn't hurt their profits. The fact that you or BMG records didn't sue means the story was true. Just own up and maybe you won't need all that Paxil.

S.K.

He's not suffering from depression, he's suffering from panic attacks. Big difference. Paxil is an anti-depressant that also treats other conditions, such as panic attacks. And I've never heard him complain about his fame, except to say, (like every other celebrity out there), that once in a while it would be nice to go somewhere public and not have the crowds around him. I've never ONCE heard him bad-mouth American Idol. In fact, just the opposite. He's often said he wouldn't have the life he has without AI. And to those who tell him to get a life? Would that be in addition to his tours, recording, his charity work, his appointment to the Presidential committee, etc. Look out guys- your jealousy is showing!

gonzosgal

Simon is a person who gets off ridiculing other people..and he is definitely uneducated when it comes to medication. Simon jets back and forth from one place to another and sits in a chair mocking other people all day...THAT'S WORKING??? HA! His little side kick Randy is a has- been. People say Randy WHO???? He is just a little puppet with Simon pulling the strings...

There is a big difference between PANIC ATTACKS and DEPRESSION! Clay is on medication for Panic Attacks. ANYONE in any walk of life can develop panic attacks for a variety of reasons. I had them for a while after a severe car accident which left me injured for life (hard to ride in a car)....and then again after attending an outdoor concert where there were so many people that I couldn't move and I felt trapped. Some people have them and don't even know it. I'm glad that Clay recognized it and got help. It takes COURAGE to ask for help!

Clay is TALENTED and successful. He has WORKED HARD and has gained the respect of some very influential people, along with thousands of fans who love and support him.

Being an ambassador for UNICEF and going to foreign countries on behalf of the children of the world takes a lot of COMPASSION.

Being appointed to a committee at the White House that is working for children with disabilities and sharing ideas with Senators and teachers takes INTELLIGENCE.

Taking his money and starting a foundation for children with Autism intead of buying the fancy cars and huge homes and other "bling bling" takes an UNSELFISH heart.

A MAN who is not afraid to share his emotions and share his feelings openly, is a MAN with a CARING heart.

A MAN who is not afraid to openly say he loves and respects his mother and that he has a strong faith in God and will not sell his soul for a buck, is a man of HONOR.

Clay is a MAN who shows RESPECT to others and never sits and mocks someone else during his interviews. Clay spends his time trying to build others up...not tear them down.

Clay has a faboulous sense of humor, a quick wit and knows how to entertain an audience. I admire his DEDICATION to his fans.

So..the guy is not perfect...gee, he has a panic attack now and then. Big Deal! He has so much to be proud of. He has given so much of himself and his time and money back to others. Clay has EARNED my respect.
I will take the CLAYS of the world over the SIMONS anyday!

The LOSERS of the world are people who enjoy mocking others because it makes them feel good about themselves... People who think that swearing and tearing down someone makes them a "bigshot"....too bad it's the ONLY WAY for them to get the attention that obviously they didn't get from mommy and daddy. SIMON SHOULD BE AT HIS MOTHER'S BEDSIDE (SHE GOT HIT BY A CAR) He should be with her...not on the other side of the world shooting his mouth off about a DECENT human being like Clay...It sure shows how much concern Simon has for anyone including his own MOTHER! This man is nothing more than a bigot and a bigmouth.

gonzosgal

I meant to say in my previous post that Simon is a BULLY (not bigot) with a big mouth...Hard to have respect for a person like him.

Whatever

Clay is a tool. Good for Simon for telling this crybaby the truth! If he can't handle the pressure go work in a coal mine.

Whatever

Gonzogal you are mocking Simon! Can you say hypocrite? You are the only loser here!

Rick

Saw this closet case on Larry King and got to say what a f***ing piece of sh*t this
queen is, would not give direct answers (which i found that he is gay), and whats up with that womans hair do and all that eye shadow and make-up-Hell Beyonce wears less make-up,he talks and sounds gay-What the f*** Clay, it didnt hurt elton, george michaels, melissa etheridge, kd land etc..... you are just some shameless piece of crap and REMEMBER DUDETTE, YOU WERE NOT THE AMERICAN IDOL, Your gay ass came in second.

Rick

3. Drugs are for LOSERS like

Brooke Shields..

Posted at 7:25PM on Sep 27th 2006 by Hilarious

Hey You Aborted Fetus

Yo mama was on crack when she had this piece of sh*t she called you! You f***ing whore child...whose your daddy? Yo mama dont even know......

Whatever

Clay is a huge pile of cat crap. Why does this c list star think he is so high and mighty above American Idol that gave him his career? He's on paxil? What a pathetic joke! The whole planet needs to be on paxil from him torturing us with his god awful singing voice!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments