Now in Theaters ... "JackBUTT Number Two"

10/2/2006 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Apparently letting leeches suck on your eyeballs and using a human as shark bait doesn't sit well with the people of Orange City, Iowa.

A friend there sent us the picture below with the following account:
Jack
Attached is a picture we took just today at the theater here in Orange City. It appears that someone in the community complained to the theater manager regarding the new "Jackass" movie, so look at how they changed it!!

We're guessing Orange City is the type of city that "Footloose" was based on.

skampy

the best part is that jackbutt sounds way dirtier. oh by the way, you can digg this photo here if you wanna.

;)

who cares . . .??

bogey

that's Sioux County in a nutshell for ya, lol and even more lol

Whatever

LOL! It dose sound dirtier!

Mike B.

I think this was staged for attention....drove by this evening and it reads "Jackass".

Someones been duped.

Mike B.

I work with one of the employees and he said that the manager is just a tool thinking he was funny. Looks like someone gets a promotion real soon.

melissa

i'm not surprised. it's iowa for crying out loud.

sam

Can you say Photoshop??

Iowa Girl

You know, I wish it were photoshopped. One more reason why I love Iowa so much. Im surprised this didn't happen in Des Moines too. Hilarious

Susie

There is no photo shop used on this picture. I live in the town this took place in, and if you lived here too.........you'd understand. Remember, its a miracle this theater is even open on Sundays. I can't believe they are even showing this movie..........whatever its called.

The Management (AKA The Tool)

This is not a publicity stunt I'm just a big F@cking Tool.

Susan

Being that I live in this town, today during lunch, they went to go check it out and its been changed back to Jask Ass. And not all of Iowa is like this so unfortunately, just another reason why I'm embarrassed to live here.

moretocome

Jack-butt is definity worst than Jackass. Poster #4 has it right, it's a joke and/or a publicity stunt.

Kassie S.

So I need to set this story straight! My brother works there and was the one who was in charge of changing the marquee that day. They ran out of S's to make the word ass and so my brother thought that it would be funny just to temporarily put up Jackbutt as a joke, but then decided to leave it up there. Anyways, the manager noticed it was up and got angry at my brother and so the sign had to be replaced, but not before many people had seen it. I guess Paramount Pictures contacted the theatre here in my town to let them know that they can't change the title of their film on a whim. Now, it has been spread over the internet including places like our local radio stations sites as well as VH1's Best Week Ever website. Rumors have it that Entertainment Tonight and Jay Leno have heard about this story as well. Leave it to my brother to start something like this.... anyways, I just wanted to set the story straight because your website has it all wrong!

rick

As a former resident of Orange City, I can firmly say this censoring doesn't surprise me. Taking out the "Gang" in "Gridiron Gang" helps keep those Victorian-era principles Ziploc fresh in Orange City's youth and keeps the children from gangbanging, running drugs, or, worse yet, dancing.

Oh, wait. The hubbabaloo is about JackButt? That's just Orange City being weird.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments