Anna Nicole's Son Buried After 39 Days

10/19/2006 3:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Over a month after Anna Nicole's son died of a drug overdose in the Bahamas, TMZ has confirmed that the body of Daniel Smith will finally be laid to rest today.

The private ceremony will be held in Nassau later this afternoon. According to published reports, roughly 25 people are scheduled to be in attendance.

Daniel will reportedly be buried in his favorite clothes which include a trucker cap, t-shirt and blue jeans.

According to Entertainment Tonight, Anna Nicole is set to wear a black dress and veil specially made for the occasion by famed designer and close friend Pol Atteu. Atteu also made Anna's wedding gown for her impromptu commitment ceremony to Howard K. Stern last month.

Daniel Smith died in the Bahamas on September 10 while visiting his mother who had just given birth to a baby girl.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Tricia

My god people leave her alone. Her having a dress made (with her wealth) is the same as you going to purchase a dress. I don't blame her a bit for wanting a special dress for her to bury her son. Also this is a very traumatic event. Trust me from personal experience, you aren't exactly in your mind after losing a loved one.
So people get a life, different people have different ways of dealing with traumatic experiences. She just lost her son!!!!!!

Khadi

"ANNA,WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??YOU NAME YOUR NEW BABY AFTER YOUR LATE SON!!!! PLEASE LET THIS BEAUTIFUL BABY GROW UP WITH OUT HAVING TO FILL HER LATE BROTHERS BIG SHOES. COLLEEN"

Posted at 3:43PM on Oct 19th 2006 by COLLEEN

Actually, Colleen, the baby was named before Daniel arrived in the Bahamas... I thought it was sweet...

Smart Cookie

Mostly cruel comments-
How easy it is for most people to be "the critic"
whenever they have not been in the other person's shoes...
Not even going to waste my time reading thru ALL this Trash.

ralph

I am now asking myself ,how in the world did I end up here reading about these mis-fits from Hollywood etc? These people with all their money could care less about all the rest of the population in the USA, and the same goes for us common people with our feelings and concern for them. I honestly have the utmost respect for the drug free and people that lead ordinary lives and try to be useful citizens every day.

Wicked

BORING...you are Ralph...I think you came to the wrong website dude.

PieHole

she's k**t spillage.
she probably killed david herself. it's surprising to me that nobody zoomed in on her as a suspect, considering the handful of people close by at the time of his death. either that k**t spillage did it, or her baby did it.

julie

Please, the boy's name was DANIEL, not DAVID. Out of respect, get the name right. And for all of you who are so quick to condemn, have you ever lost a child? People go through emotions they didn't even knew they had. She loved that boy. She raised him. She did not leave him in Texas when she was 17 because she couldn't handle being a Mom. You are all so evil. I really hope nothing like this happens to any of you, if it does, you too will be making some not so "smart or rational" choices. No one should have to bury a child, ever.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8