Jolie's Bodyguards Thrown Behind Bars

11/17/2006 6:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Angelina's bodyguards: Click to watchLooks like Angelina's protectors do their job ... a little too well.

Police in India arrested three of the star's bodyguards today, for allegedly roughing up parents and students at a school where Jolie was filming scenes for "A Mighty Heart." Her guards also caused controversy by reportedly calling the people of Mumbai "bloody Indians" and "bloody Muslims" during the standoff.

Though the ruffians were jailed, they were eventually released on bail and asked not to leave the country for a week, and to report to the local police office every day. If convicted, they could be jailed for up to three years!

Since arriving in India, Angie's bodyguards have had a string of run-ins with locals and paparazzi. An AP photographer alleged he was threatened with a gun, and another photographer was choked by a member of her entourage.

Protection is hard work ... in this case, it could lead to hard time.

What the Heck!!!!!

WHAT IS WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ON THIS SIGHT , WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW,ARE YOU THAT OF A WORTHLESS OF A HUMAN BEING, SECOND I AM A LITTLE UPSET THAT TMZ WOULD PLACE A BABY TO VENT ON THAT IS WRONG I GLAD TO SAY I WAS NOT A PART OF THAT , BUT ANGELINA IS REALLY AN EXCEPTION, I DO NOT LIKE THIS WOMENS PERSONALITY AND FRANKLY THERE IS NOTHING TO DEFEND WHY SHOULD I DEFEND HER WHEN IN ACTUALITY THERE IS THINGS THAT ARE GOING WRONG, SHE IS NOT MY FAMILY, AND ALSO THERE IS AN IGNORANT HUMAN BEING THAT THE ONLY WORD HE CAN SAY IS LOL WHAT KIND OF A WORD IS THAT, AND IN THE REAL ACTUAL TRUTH ANGELINA JOLIE IS NOT THAT OF AN ATTRACTIVE WOMEN AND I AM NOT JEALOUS SO SORRY FOR BEING HONEST THAT THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THE WORLD SO SORRY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT BUT SHE IS NOT SITTING MORE SUPERIOR THAN THE REST OF US THAT SHE IS UNTOUCHABLE AND SUPPOSED TO BE IN SOME KIND OF THRONE.

moretocome

Please girls quit fighting. You all seem so petty and small compare to Angelina. She's hot you're not, get over it! And for those girl that post with guy names, we know you're women. only a women could hate another women that they don't even know. Guys, well we're smarter than that. Sorry girls but that's a fact.

Body guards vs. crazy fans and photog. I'd bet on the body guards.

Can't believe it

Okaaay, some people are so bloody ignorant, it pisses me off. You actually have a comment saying Brad and Angie are in the middle East... "15. I wish John Lennon had security guards like this, he'd still be alive...Brad & Angelina are pretty smart to have this protection, especially over there in the Middle East!

Posted at 6:24PM on Nov 17th 2006 by Jody
"

OMG, that is the worst case of ingorance ever Ms DUMB BLONDE! Since when did India fall in the middle east? And just fyi Jody - I'm American and have visited the Far East and happen to think they are pretty normal places, not some hellhole like you in your warped mind perceive! Jeez woman!

Syl C.

I am so glad the Indian government has taken steps to punish these barbaric bodyguards who think they are above the law. Angelina Jolie condones this type of behavior from her bodyguards. I think in her own sick, twisted mind she likes it. This woman will stand up for these thugs but will not apologize to the parents and children she victimized. She thinks she is the mistress of the world and feels an apology is beneath her. Pitt offered a weak apology while still trying to defend these thugs. I apologize to Jon Voight the man was right when he said his daughter was a MENTAL case.

showers of Blessings

from Indian TV

November 18th, 2006 at 12:35 pm
Full Interview

Barkha: The film Mighty Heart brought two of the Hollywod’s biggest names, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, to India. Everybody was very excited, not surprisingly the paparazzi did not leave them alone for a moment. Was that the problem? Why the film has been overshadowed by a headline of unsavoury kind? The latest controversy being the arrest of three of the bodyguards on the crew and location…allegations of parents in a dominant Muslim school saying that the bodyguards have made a racial slur.

We are, for the first time, in conversation with the producer of the film and one of Hollywood’s biggest names, Brad Pitt, along with one of India’s best known actors Irfan Khan who plays a lead role in the film. This is Brad’s first interview of any kind since he has been in India avoiding all those media hounds and we are hoping it will go beyond this incidence to talk about your entire experience here in India.

Brad: Thank you for taking your time out.

Barkha: Thank you for making time. I can imagine what kind of days it has been for you. Did you ever imagine when you were packing your bags to India that one of your stops would include a visit to the police commissioner’s office?

Brad: No. I did not foresee that. I have to say because it is just completely antithetical of what the film is about. So the turn of events is a bit baffling to us. But you know we are here to answer any allegations and certainly set the record straight because these are not our intentions, nor the intention of the people involved.

Barkha: Let me ask you very directly. The perception is that your cast and crew were shooting here and parents had come to pick up their children. It was peak time when the children were trying to get out and they were also excited to see you, Angelina and other stars. They were probably hemming in trying to get a glimpse. The bodyguards at that time, to try and keep the crowd away, got a little rough and the amount of things they said…”You bloody Indians…you bloody Muslims.”

Brad: Absolutely not true. And you know I have to say that we are horrified by these allegations and you must understand our intention for the story is to focus on a similarity of cultures. It is a story of a journalist who believed in truth and making the world a better place by enlightening each other on a point of view and believe in dialogues, and he was a great lover of culture and the world itself. In the story itself, with the abduction, what occurred was to bring together people from different cultures and religions…you have Muslims, Hindus, agnostics, Buddhists, Christians, all people working together to find this man who happened to be a Jewish, but more importantly a believer in a world, who considered himself a citizen of the world and this is a beautiful story for us.

Barkha: Absolutely

Brad: This is the purpose of telling a story. So having these allegations goes against the purpose of the movie and it is disappointing for us and I would like to now answer that.

Barkha: I’ll get into the film in course of the conversation but you know how bodyguards are. They have a tough time and they get rough sometimes. It is also a different culture, it is also a language they speak. When you say that they did not say these things, is it from the knowledge or faith or instinct or are you willing to vouch that they did not say these things?

Brad: All of that. All that across the board I tell you with all my heart. I understand that for Angelina and me to stand up and tell this story is this idea of embracing our cultures. This idea of acceptance, the idea of openness and dialogue with each other. This idea of tolerance which we believe in with all our heart and if you look at our history what we have been involved with…we will never work with anyone who thinks otherwise. Absolutely not. and this is a horrible misunderstanding, but it is just that misunderstanding and we hope to establish that truth so the film and the message of the film is not tainted because the history is worth telling today.

Barkha: Irfan, if I bring you in on one point. Because sometimes people mean something and another thing happens. It is the perils of coming into a country where you do not necessarily speak the language of the people. It happens in rural urban clashes within India itself. There are people who speak English…Not just as somebody who is a member of this cast and crew, but as a Muslim it is such a sensitive subject. Right now you know the very suggestion that somebody may have said what Brad say didn’t happen…”You bloody Muslim”. It automatically brings India together and you start looking at the crew who came in as the outsider. What did you feel about this when you read about this, heard about this, saw the v

Movie Ticket Buyer

Following the arrest of three of Angelina Jolie’s bodyguards for allegedly roughing up parents at a school in India, the actress has spoken out about the incident.

Without regard, concern, or an apology to the families, and children hurt by her bodyguards, Angelina Jolie said, "It is not surprising that the press involved failed to mention their share of the responsibility in the chaos." (Isn’t she just the most compassionate humanitarian you’ve ever seen?)

This is a direct quote from Hollywood Scene....
Now that's the truth. What about those parents frightened for their children's safety...or the children frightened by all this.....Those body guards are as out of control as these egotistical skanks

jennifer

#22 I agree -- bodyguards using excessive, unnecessary force, camp security using taser (sp?) guns without warrant on students, cops beating up people who are already handcuffed..... it's unfortunately becoming all too common in the news.

What the Heck!!!!!

I HAVE NO SHAME ON VINTING ON THIS WITCH,I AM A LITTLE DISTURBED AT TMZ FOR PUTTING A BABY ON HERE , SOME THAT HAVE NO COMMEN SINCE WOULD TAKE IT ON A BABY THAT DOES NOT EVEN NO THE LETTER A,I AM GLAD TO SAY I WAS NOT A PART OF THAT, BUT ANGELINA IS DIFERRENT CIRUMSTANCES ,YES I DO NOT LIKE THE WOMENS PERSONALITY AND TO TOP THAT OF WHO IN THE WORLD IS DEFINDING A WOMEN THAT THEY DO NOT EVEN NO AND HAS ACTUALLY DONE SOME NEGATIVE THINGS AND ITS QUITE SICK FOR PEOPLE TO DEFEND HER LIKE THEY WERE HER IF THE **** ISNT ON HER DEFENDING HER SELF WITCH I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE HEFFER DID, ALSO THIS WIERDO OF A WOMEN IS FOR SOME REASON BEING PUT IN A FUCKING THROWN, AND A LITTLE IGNORANT OF A HUMAN BEING THAT USES THE WORD LOL ALL THE TIME IN THERE VOCABULARY , SORRY THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE HEARING HONESTY AND YES I AM NOT JEALOUS THE WOMEN IN ACTUALITY IS NOT THAT ATTRACTIVE AND THERE ARE TONS OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THIS WORLD SO IF THAT IS NOT THE TRUTH AND YOU WANT ME TO SAY A LIE SORRY THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND SORRY THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT , SHE IS NOT A QUEEN.,

Ming

Dear me, here we are, day 2 or 3 after the fracas and still no photos, no video, no EVIDENCE that the bodyguards said what they are alledged to have said. Where are the paps when you need them?? Where is the photo - at least a photo - even if there is no video footage of the bodyguards roughing up, manhandling, someone, anyone - never mind a child or an adult. How can that be that there is NO PHOTO.

How is it that the "parents" (note the plural) has turned out to be actually, just a "parent" (note the singular")? And BTW for those who think that the Indian parents might have simply caved in, I've lived in India long enough to know, caving in isnt the Indian way when they get angry. Indians are not afraid to express exactly how they feel.

But of course, those who are anti Jolie Pitts never needed any EVIDENCE to believe what they want to believe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ming

Where are the photos to show that the bodyguards had frightened women and children. Where is the video tape. Those paps were there so how come NO PHOTOS. It's day 4 already. Wait, could it be there's no photo because it was a foreign pap yelling "bl**dy indian?" Could it be that the incident never occurred as alledged coz you know, the latest news show that only one father was complaining. May be the other parents didn't hear anything BUT heard from another parent that the paps had said "bl**dy indians". Hey, that's hearsay evidence and not admissible in a court of law - not even in India.

So again in a chorus - where are the photos, where are the photos, where are the photos.

Or lets try this one, "where are the pa-aps, where are the pa-aps, where are the pa-aps. Perhaps they are helping the police. LOL.

johnny k.

I just hope when Angelina and Brad leave India, they leave with another adopted child. I mean, didn't she say that she wanted to adopt a child from every country. Well, you've been to Cambodia and adopted a boy, you've been to Africa and adopted a girl and now you're in India. There's a running theme here guys, every third world country she visits, she adopts a child. I think that's great, these are poor countries with a large group of orphaned children. And belive me, India has a lot of them! Angelina's no idiot, I'm sure she's quite aware of India's abject poverty, its slums and homless street children. I think It would be great if she left the country with another adopted child. Or at least came back after filming and set the wheels in motion to adopt a child. However, if she doesn't do this, and ends up going to another country and adopting, I'll be shocked to say the least. We'll wait and see what happens before I decide to comment, I mean...she does have a bit of a Mother Teresa complex, right? So, I'll wait and see what happens. If she does adopt, then hooray for you Brad and Angelina, may Krishna bless you! And if I may suggest, your next stop can be Brazil, we know about their homeless child population. But if you don't adopt a child from India, then watch out! You won't wanna' miss my next blog folks!

Robert

Fuck william the little fucking pussy.

stella22

ohh how sad for angie/nice choice of body guards. Hey angelina jolie,do you share the same views are your body guards there-
what a classy bitch!