'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

jay

TO#12&4 THIS IS 2K6 AND YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS KRAMER, PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE WEAK LINKS IN THE CHAIN AND NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN I BET YOU WERE BORNS IN THE 80'S NOT THE 70'S 0R60'S SO YOU REALLY HAVE NO EXCUSE AND SAY MY GRANPAPPY WAS RACIST THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOWS IN THE 90'S.AND TO#12 TO EVEN COMPARE HIM TO CHRIS ROCK SHOW JUST HOW UNEDUCATED YOUR ARE, CHRIS AS WELL AS OTHER EVEN WHITE FOLKS IE (BLUE COLLAR TV) ARE ENTERTAINING AND ONLY GOING WITH THE FAD OF JOKING ABOUT RACIST COMMENTS..

quiz

Everyone run! Ignorance has entered the room. I feel sorry for some of you ignorance has got you hung upside from a tree. Put the fork in they are done.

Dr Bob

who give a shit

A Black Person

@ Tyler Noone, What's up my white nigger? You are so funny and right but I think Krammer can got that black nigger, a nigger because it's true and plus he's a has been, in the closet, little dick, nappy headed, white nigger himself.

And you can too my white nigger. I got much love for you. How was your day? And stand proud of your race, your little dick and all.

Nikki

way to go zero tolerance!!!

Gary Niger

Good metaphor!

Rocky

talk about dick size niggar who has the biggest dick ever recorded yes a white man

AS

This is not an important issue, we should be focusing on more important issues like war in iraq, poverty, homelessness, and stuff like this. Let me put these in your minds though, say it was DAVE CHAPPELLE saying the "N" word on stage it wouldn't be no big deal , right? Because I'm of Latin Race, and i don't get offended when CARLOS MENCIA says word like "beaner" or "wetback" , because it used in the senseof comedy. They are comedians and race is always been used for comediac material, if we ban the "N" word lets ban "beaner" and "redneck" and words like that too! When the word is being used in the sense of comedy, its not a big deal and that doesn't make u a racist. Also the audience member started hacking him by calling him racial names (not in the sense of comedy though) which make them look racist. Once they did this, u have to try to defend yourself, which in a sense maybe went a little too far, but still there is no threat seen here to me.

gentoohippy

I hate niggers that try to bitch about slavery and the shit they've been through.

Move your ass back to Africa if you don't like it here.

Member of the TapaHo tribe

IN THE HISTORY OF MAN, NO RACE HAS EVER BEEN TREATED WORSE THAN THE NATIVE AMERICAN. THEIR LAND TAKEN AND THEN THEY ARE GIVEN A SMALL PORTION AND TOLD, HERE ARE YOUR BORDERS?

Tom Goff

"I must have been out of my mind. Look at you. Why don't you do something with your life? Sit around here all day, you contribute nothing to society. You're just taking up space. How can I be with someone like you? I wouldn't respect myself. "

From Seinfeld.

Kramer's breakup speech to his girl, now applies from his ex-fans to him.

NR

When you get up on stage, it is YOUR responsibility to maintain your professionalism and to deal with hecklers, he obviously has proven that he's no standup. Yes black commedians from Red Fox to Chris Rock make racist jokes, but I believe they also talk about both racist. People caught his vibe and it wasn't comedy it was straight up racism and they felt and saw the difference. A white person cannot tell a black person how they are not supposed to "feel' the difference between when someone is racist because they aren't black. If it was just comedy, the audience would have caught that vibe.

Trish

OMG!!! WHAT AN IDIOT!!! I used to think that Michael Richards was a funny man. Loved him in Seinfeld, but now....I would never ever watch anything with him in it ever again!!!! He is finished in the biz!!!! Acting career DOWN THE DRAIN!!! I mean....it's the friggin 21st Century dammit! WHEN ARE PPL GOING TO GROW UP!!! There is no need for nuts like that in the world today!

J Bridge

3191. #3202- you can change your name but your hatred and words are still J Bridge

Get a clue to what is being said and leave your ignorant anger at the door.

Oh man.....

You damn crackers are so ignorant.
You think just by saying something it becomes true.

Here's a warning:

Without empathy you can never know your enemy.

That post wasn't me. I don't need to hide from you ignorant, uneducated, racist fucks.

In case you haven't noticed, unlike you undercover fascists, I have posted a link.

VIC

To whitey

If you want to go there, if it wasn't for blacks there would be no America, because as I recall when the whites came over here they did not know how to survive and depended on the indians and in return gave them syphilis.

The only true americans are the indians, and in that case we all need to get the hell out.