'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

My Thought on this

I don't think ANYONE should use hateful names especially in a public forum.
That includes all races saying hateful names for any race (or religion) even their own.
It just leads to trouble.
My Momma said "If you can't say something nice, dont say anything" !!

Peacetoall

I just had to post something here. It always bothered me that Black called each other the "N" word although they get upset when a non-black says it. Why do they use it at all if it's bad. The same thing goes to calling women the "B" word in rap songs (I stop listen to some Rap because of that). The thing that got me the most in Richards' rant was the reference to what was going on 50 years ago. Why bring all that up. Then he adds "that's what you get for interrupting a white man". This is so sad. Why to we have to be so hurtful to one another? God wants us to love each other, we are all from Adam and Eve, brothers and sisters that just happen to be of different colors. Richards may have spoken out of anger but th thing is that he just went too far. Maybe it comes from the fact that he was raised in the time when it was ok to disgrace Black people.
He apologized and I think we should forgive him and go on with our lives. To my brothers African Americans, stop calling each other using the "N" word and stop calling your mothers and sisters "Bs".
Happy Thanksgiving to all

David Jones

I cant believe that guy is hurt by Richards comments. Boo hoo to you. You get offended by that but Chris Rock can get on stage and say anything about white people. How about you shut the f**k up. George Lopez gets on stage and talks about white people also. But if a white comedian gets on stage and talks about blacks you all want to f**king cry. Just shut up. Go back to your hole in the wall and cry to someone else. I am tired of Black American crying about being slaves. It happened and now its over. It was before your time so you really dont know how it was. I cant believe Inside Edition had an interview of it. Get some real news out there.

J

No one can know how hurtful this is unless you've walked in our shoes no matter how much you try. Being black in America is already a crime. Black people have had to endure racism and being disrespected forever. Michael Richards didn't have a slip of the tongue. He meant it. It was far too natural the way it came out of his mouth. You will never have to endure what we go through on a daily basis, so how can you speak on anything?!! We get looked at in such a negative way everywhere from corporate America to walking in our own neighborhoods. Michael Richards was clearly out of line in everyway possible. Watch the video. He told a man 50 years ago he would be hanging upside down with a fork in his ass. He said tomorrow I will still be rich and you will still be a nigger. How much more disrespectful can you be??? It's unbelievable how racist America still is even after all the tragedy, hurt and harm it has caused our people. So if black people are mad, they are definently justified because it's just being put in our face again and no one else
can speak for us but us!!!

Rocky

the last thing a black man invented was the dribble and the crip walk

just some guy

joe blow suck mad dick

Nikki

To Orenthal,

Funny even after I tell you my nationalities you still want to call me a nigga but you're the one with the name of one, at least you wish it was your name. Oh and I'm not at work anymore you see I'm at home and it's not a ghetto but a 3-family home which I live in purchased by myself in the South End of Boston and I'm only 25 how about you??? Like I said you need to run from 8mile they got your mind twisted. Hey and fellas you're not in my mind, I was on the debate team I love to go tit for tat I got all types of awards for this shit...I'm having a ball. Not the kind you and your friend suck but I mean I'm having big time fun!!!! HAHHAAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA I crack myself up

just some guy

mary suck mad dick

Dan

YOUR ALL missing the other point NOT just the N* word! ...Stripped, HUNG upside down, soaked in gasoline, and burned to death. That was a common method in lynching; otherwise know as racially motivated MURDER!

See link: http://blackvoices.aol.com/edumain/edumain_canvas/edart/_a/past-imperfect-a-sorry-history/20050614101009990001

This is what that racist f**k Michael Richards was alluding to in his rant "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Only a PRACTISING RACIST could spout this off-the-top-of-his-head so quickly and easily as he seemed to....

jowy

i don't agree with using those words but niether party had a right to say what they did. it wasn't just the "n" word. it was the cracker word too. but i guess that is ok to say in today's society. that is what i call a one sided right to freedom of speech. they deserved it.

Machen

Michael Richards has some serious issues. Wonder what he would have said to a white, asian, latin or other ethnic men who were heckling him. Wow!
He needs anger management and sensitivity classes. For those who compare
Chris Rock to Richards, not even close, Chris Rock makes fun of every one and
he is funny.

Nikki

Hey JROB

Do you need a hug or something??? What's your issh? Did I insult you by questioning someone with a doctorate misspelling the word traffic? I'm sorry I just thought someone who would go through all that schooling would make themselves look like a complete retard.

I sure is sorry sir I don't know where my manners be this eevnin' LOL

just some guy

nikkl suck mad dick

Rocky

how many rich blacks would ther be without basket ball or crack

What???

you guys are fighting about nothing, what Michael did was wrong, period. Ive already stated my opinion on here, and most of you are just fighting just to fight.