'Kramer's' Racist Tirade

Caught on Tape

11/20/2006 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

Richards Racial Rant -- Play Video

P

I thought it was funny how the guy in the audience said, "Seinfeld, that's it!"

EuroEyes

I am completely disgusted, not at what this man I enjoyed so much screeched with such bitter loathing against black hecklers, but because I saw it!!!
It's so sorrowful and forlorn what has happened to America since I left 15 years ago.
15 years ago living in Hollywood, while on my way back home I was stopped by a Beverly Hills deputy who threatened me with his gun when I refused to sit in the gravel in a pair of expensive slacks.
His supervisor came to the scene and decided to allow me to drive my Benz to the station unescorted and I was very curteously allowed to leave in about 10 minutes.

But this so angered me, that within 6 months I left America and have not return since that day.
Looking back...in the light of this terrible blight upon America...where" each man's hand is against his neighbor" as the prophet foretold, and a country I once loved so dearly. As a black man, that was the best move I ever made in my life!

Danny "Crackerboy"

May have been tasteless, but why can't he call a heckler a ******. Ever hear how ******s call each other ******s? To top it off that paragon of virtue, the heckler, left by calling Richards a "cracker mother ****er". Why can ******s call whites crackers, but we can't call them ******s? The double standard of this is too much to accept any longer. If ****** is such a terrible word, stop using it or
quit complaining.

Danny "Crackerboy"

I noticed that the slang for porch monkey was taken out like ni**er, but the expletive cracker was left in by the TMZ Jews. You suck TMZ!

michael

So why the hell is it okay for a black guy to stand up there and call white people all sorts of names but this guy can't?
WHO cares!
that **** was funny. If a black man can rag on whites all day, so too can this man rag on blacks.

Ancevich

Have copyrighted "******" to be used in all forms (verb,adjective,adverb, gerund, etc.) just like "****" because the latter has been gentrified & de-balled by middle-class matrons & their 4 yr.-olds. A "shock" word is essential for writing & haranguing.

danny

this is Los Angeles! u NEED THICK SKIN 2 survive round these parts! so what he used a racial slur, that other guy called him a cracker ass white boy and sounded really pissed probably did threaten him too. if allowed i bet my bottom dollar Krammer wouldda made a joke outta all of it and people were laughing all the way until the guy came down and started acting in a threating manner. Oh n those of the darker pigmentation....u weren't the only slaves eg. asian,hispanic....n the farm n sweat shop workers of 2day n blacks are racists 2 ....bottom line...DEAL WITH IT!.....p.s. stop crying

danny

My name is "Dee' and I'm an American, mostly all the comments I've read are blacks n whites defending their own ideals. Ask yourself this...was I a slave .....Did I hang anyone...99.9% will answer no! that was sum time ago and at most ur grand parents might have endured some hardship in the 50's or 60's n prior... but this is 2010....ur all crying and using a frivolous ocurance to express your violent nature or to play the victim....grow up get a life stop ur whining and realize that your dwelling in the past....today my friend called me... n i g g a( i aint black,he is)....i called him ..n i g g a and aint no buddy trippin (matter of fact we started laughing)xcept for people like you who have nothing better 2 do! ....n2 my black peeps u aint have nothing 2 do w/rosa parks live ur own life!......wut just cuz sum1's italian they have sum ta do with mafia crimes ....r cuz sum1s....r cuz sum1s japaneese they had sum ta do w bombing a pearl harbor?!!! GET A LIFE!!!of your own!

Kane Osean

It is just words!!! I have always seen African-Americans refer to Caucasian as "whiteys". They are always joking about others race and color. It is soo "cool" if you can reach to talk to your black friend as " hello my ***** or ******". Racism is just the use of words to call someone that is black an "African-American". C'mon guys the guy is black or negro or ***** not African-American (I would assume and not as a fact that 80% of black americans did not born in africa neither is a close relative to an African native; and if that is the case assuming Darwins evolution we are all descendant of African roots so we all are African-Americans). Black people use the words white or blanco or whitey and nobody seems to get upset like they do when black people are called with a ***** word. For that case if you don't like freedom of speech please go to a country that actually forbids the ****** word to be say out loud so your sensitive ears will not be able to hear the word *****!

Kane Osean

It is just words!!! I have always seen African-Americans refer to Caucasian as "whiteys". They are always joking about others race and color. It is soo "cool" if you can reach to talk to your black friend as " hello my [N][I][G][G][A] or [N][I][G][G][E][R]". Racism is just the use of words to call someone that is black an "African-American". C'mon guys the guy is black or negro or [N][I][G][G][A] not African-American (I would assume and not as a fact that 80% of black americans did not born in africa neither is a close relative to an African native; and if that is the case assuming Darwins evolution we are all descendant of African roots so we all are African-Americans). Black people use the words white or blanco or whitey and nobody seems to get upset like they do when black people are called with a [N][I][G][G][A] word. For that case if you don't like freedom of speech please go to a country that actually forbids the [N][I][G][G][E][R] word to be say out loud so your sensitive ears will not be able to hear the word [N][I][G][G][A]! Note: as you can see by a long mile of proof our TMZ site just blocked the word [N][I][G][G][A] or [N][I][G][G][E][R] with *******. While the word whitey stills the same no changes to it or censored in any way or shape. Hide "freedom of speech" because violators are just at the corner of your house.

chris

People can call him a racist but when your on stage doing a comedy and people in the crowd are heckling you,you have the right to do the same to them.Big deal he said ******...Im not sure if your people notice but every rap song has ****** in it..So people screw off and give michael the respect he deserves!

reality

Considering that the camera only shows what Richard says and we have no idea how he was verbally attacked prior to this recording. You can all just **** off.

Seriously **** right the **** off.

You **** sucking ***gots with AIDS.

Now I'm going to cut off what I just said and only show you attacking me afterwords.

Get it children?

Devon Johnson

Blacks need to to shut the **** up at public entertainment events like movies and live theater. It isn't ya'lls living room with a bucket of KFC.

Gabriel

First of all the word ****** means to be beneath the ground so if some white guy calls you that all you have to say is that you are not a ****** because ****** means below dirt... african people have to stop referring to themselves as such terms

Jim Kollintzas

What a pathetic excuse for a so called professional. Michael Richards shows his true colors(racist piece or crap). He could have just as easily gotten upset with this heckler without the use of any racial language yet he could not resist. I know quite a few African Americans who like his show. What a shame. On top of this, his half-hearted/condescending apology on t.v. was pathetic. Way to go moron!

Previous 15 Comments | 491 | 492 | 493 | 494 | 495 | 496 | 497 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments