Cops Have More Questions for Howard K. Stern

11/21/2006 6:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Howard K SternContrary to published reports, the investigation into the death of Anna Nicole's son is far from over.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that the Attorney General of the Bahamas ordered police to re-interview Howard K. Stern regarding the painkiller methadone, and how it ended up in the late Daniel Wayne Smith's system.

Daniel died September 10 in his mother's hospital room, just days after she gave birth to a baby girl. An autopsy revealed that Daniel had a lethal combination of drugs in his system, including methadone and several antidepressants.

Sources in the Bahamas tell TMZ that Royal Bahamas Police interviewed Stern two weeks ago. It's not the first time Stern has been interviewed. Law enforcement sources say Stern and Anna Nicole were both interviewed several times after Daniel's death.

We're told that law enforcement officials will make a major announcement about the investigation by December 15.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Opinion

Post # 28 Diego Chick, AWESOME POST! Makes perfect sense to me.

Be careful of the 'blog police' aka: Howie....you may be labeled a PURITAN WITCH,
that's only because you are wise to the situation.

HUGE THUMBS UP, Diego Chick!

Lola

It was only a matter of time. This whole situation was shady. I automatically thought that HKS and/or ANS were involved. The timing of his death should have been enough of a sign that something wasn't right. Who are these detectives and investigators? I would have been all over this months ago.

As u taught me

you know anna is the one that got so messed up that she probably gave that kid somethign for jet lag and thought it was asprin and od`d him he probably tried to wake her up but could not cause she was so doped up so he crawled in bed with her and died. Howard will be the fall guy she can not handle the truth they should get out of that poor mans house before they are arrested in stolen home.they are acting so guilty

As u taught me

Howard is in so much trouble he lies and lies.He lied on larry king about that baby he will lie about anything just like anna Liars!! Cheaters!! Thieves!! Killers!!
please californis family law courts have a emergency hearing and get that baby away from them fast before the arrest
Everyone agrress Guilty guilty guilty

As u taught me

OPINION LOYA MR MOM GONZO DIEGO CHICK PATTTY ROSE STACIE BRENDA A BAMBABE TREE TREE WALTER WISE OLD OWL ANON LIVING OBSESSED
ALL OF THE PEOPLE LETS TRY TO SAVE THE BABY befoer DECEMBER
Anna will rat out Howie just like at the hospital she even said Howard This Is Your Fault we knew it all the time save the baby they should never be alone with that baby in that messed up house every one should pray social service will get the baby Everyone write to social services ove r there and call email
Does any one know the number in Bahamas and calif Family court we all need to get them to get that baby I will do what evr er i can What about GLORIA ALLRED she is in california this is an emergency

Opinion

Will Alex Goen be interviewing tonight? Isn't this his Que? Every time his prized heroine, I mean spokesperson for his diet aid that Anna didn't take, gets in the news (too often) he jumps on Greta or Nancy. What's that all about? ANS mother said she had Lipo, and she looked like a mummy(her aunt the nurse took care of her) she was so bandaged up she couldn't walk. hum, I wonder if TrimSpa paid for Anna's plastic surgery to shed the lbs?

Looks like Alex has to stick close to HKS and ANS....he knows too much, and so do they!

As u taught me

that poor baby is locked up in stolen home with those killers now what wait untill they are arrested?

JURY OF YOUR PEERS

Anna screamed at Howard, at the hospital, “YOU CAUSED THIS”!

On Larry King, Howard said: Daniel asked Howard, “why am I so tired?” and Howard “wished” he had paid more attention to that comment ….. Howard said he “didn’t know how drugs work” ….

On the Larry King Live show, Howard couldn’t get 2 words out without GULPING nervously. He had major dry mouth! He looked scared to death. His recounting of Daniel’s death was sooooooooooooooo scripted and rehearsed and calculated.

Anna will say to Howie, Mae West’s line ….. “what have you done for me lately?”
and roll over on him! Howard has ceased to be of any USE to Anna.

Syl C.

Anna Nicole's mother always blamed both of them for her grandchild's death. I always thought she was right. Perhaps now there will be some justice in all this madness brought on by Anna and Howard. I think they still have alot of spiritual punishment ahead for what they did to Daniel, and also to his memory.

robert

its all about greed and fame.i hope the law treat them like anyone else.

Tommie

I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR THE RESULTS OF THIS INVESTIGATION! I JUST HOPE THAT IT IS A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION AND THEY WIL BE ABLE TO GET TO THE TRUTH OF DANIELS DEATH, BUT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE INVESTIGATING, DOESN'T MEAN THAT THERE IS A GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL GET THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

As u taught me

I saw this on on breaking news tv today. The Bahama people are telling us that Howard And ANS did it. I just wish they would arrest them faster get them out of the house so Dannielynn can be safe we should tell them to hurry it makes so many people i talk to mad at the store work street we feel like when a child is Trapped and we are helpless
this is so bad but I can see it getting worse Ans and HS only
care about themselves what a terrible mess everydy if the baby was out i would not care if they were alone . Who would stay in that house with that baby?
Guilty people that is who people are so mad at them

everyone i know is so upset Anna is no mother and Howard is no DAD

diva

#37, Not that this has to do with the HKS investigation, but to clarify, ANS hasnt seen her mother in years, the liposuction that her mother mentioned on the dr. keith ablow show was from years ago, not the recent "trimspa" weightloss. ANS cut herself off from her family years ago, so her mom couldnt have seen her recently. She said so herself.

Not trying to stir the pot, but if things are moving right along in this investigation and HKS is believed to be involved in Daniel's death, how come the "law enforcement officials" arent going to make any announcements til Dec. 15? Would the DA/prosecutor (or the Bahamian equivalent) be referred to as a "law enforcement official"? I understand they would want to have all their ducks in a row if they were going to charge HKS with something, but would it really take that long if they have already done several interviews and have had almost three months to gather information?

glynne1964

I was just thinking about this last night for some weird reason. I was wondering if ANYONE was really investigating Daniel's death. I know that authorities don't necessarially announce all that they are doing or what they've found. I just hope that there is a thorough investigation. Daniel had to get ahold of those drugs in some way. Who'd he get them from? His doctor(s)? His mom? His mom's attorney? Some at the hospital?

I have a sneaky suspicion that Anna knows EXACTLY where he got the drugs from!!! Why? She isn't demanding an investigation is why! Why isn't she trying to sue the hospital? Or Daniel's doctor(s)? Suspicious in my book! How bout yours? Cause if my child died suddenly...I'd want answers & NOW!!!

Diego Chick

Bahamian Law Enforcement will either: 1. Move in more quickly but give the criminals the expectation that they have more time, and/or: 2. keep the criminals together, under surveillance until then. Together, they will plot and are bound to turn on one another. The "major announcement" deadline is, in my not-so-humble opinion, designed to create paranoia and get the criminals talking, fighting and turning on one another. If they think an arrest is pending, they'll be racing down to the police station to give their statements against one another!

By the time Larry Birkhead gets his court order for a paternity test, the baby will most likely be in protective custody.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments