Richards' Rant -- Not The First Time

11/22/2006 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael RichardsDid Michael Richards attack the Jews? Two Los Angeles residents have come forward and said that's exactly what happened last Spring at L.A. comedy club, The Improv.

Carol Oschin and J.P. Fillet say they were at The Improv on April 22 when Richards took the stage. They say that in the middle of Richards' skit, a man in the audience said something to the comedian, when Richards allegedly launched into an anti-Semitic rant. According to Oschin, Richards screamed at the audience member, "You f***ing Jew. You people are the cause of Jesus dying."
Offended couple - click to play

Oschin says the rant continued and Richards stormed off the stage. Oschin and Fillet say that, at first, they thought Richards' tirade was part of his act, but claim that it quickly became apparent it was not.

Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, confirmed to TMZ that Richards did make derogatory comments about Jews, but says it was part of his act. Rubenstein says Richards told him, "I'm not anti-Semitic. I was playing a role and poking fun at the rednecks."

dave

why do people keep saying he made reference to lynching? he said upside down with a fork up their ass. and we all know the proper way to lynch a nigger is by the neck

Bonnie

I think there is a difference between making a joke about another race and screaming a derogatory term for a race at that race. Of course people are going to come out of the woodwork about anything he's ever done; that's what people do. If it was that serious, why didn't you make a stink about it when it happened? Although everyone likes to think they are as open minded as the next guy, things that are said in the dark sometimes come out in the light. I think Michael Richards got flustered, could not figure out how to come out of it and thought that being totally over the top was his way to get out of it and it was not. He is clearly someone in need of some help.

jfp

Hey, I am insulted by him stealing our material. I want to sue him too.

Brian

Michaell Richards is Jewish so he may be self hating at best and his biggest employers ever were two Jewish fellows so if he is he is really really really good at hiding it.

no pervs allowed

And the problem with Kramer's Klassic Komedy is,,, his use of inpolitically correct observations??? that's right I forgot,,, it is OK for minority comics to make fun of white people and other races, but as soon as a white person does it, it's racism,,, so I'm a little slow, since I am white,,, someone please explain that to me,,, maybe the brainiacs behind Mind of Mencia and Night at the Apollo can explain why it is OK to mock the white man without any racist accusations,,,

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

I guess the people needed to speak up to say it wasn't the first time and that he also does not like Jewish people. Richards publisicist confirmed this to be true. But as usual instead of addressing whether or not you believe these people and his publisist and or whether or not you personally agree with the people coming forward, you have to make racist comments. SIGH

Roger

I love seeing how the comic entertainment world is handling this. Mel Gibson, who is conservative, is STILL the butt of Leno and Letterman, etc. However, the late night talk boys are gingerly stepping around "Kramer's" racist screwup. Jerry Seinfield even told the Letterman audience "Shut up...it's not funny" when Richards was groveling and apologizing. For a business who thrives on making fun of people's screwups....it's just fun watching how they take this sooooo seriously.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

One thing I have gotten from reading this posts, is that I never thought it bothered white people when minorities make those jokes or whatever, and it has opened my eyes to that there is some racism in the comics jokes and or movies/telvision shows etc, that promote and endorse this behaviour. I guess that's taking something positive from a negative. If it offends racially/religously/ethnically it should not be done... PERIOD!

Laury

Oh my God, could this get any more pathetic???? The guy already apologized on national TV, but no, it's not enough, more people have to step in to prove he's the anti-Christ. Yeah, Richards made a terrible mistake, and he probably needs help, but like some of you said, he's not the only comedian to make anti-Semitic comments. There are a lot more important issues in the world. These two nutjobs are obviously doing it for the cash and their 15 minutes of fame. Let's all move on now, shall we???

ass

What an asshole.

ass

All of these people just want press time including Richards.

adrian

Hi,
If Carol Oschin and J.P. Fillet were so offended and considered "Kramer's" remarks to be racist...they were so upset they waited from LAST Spring to this Winter so express their disgust?
Sad attempt at 5 minutes of TMZ.com fame.
Go home.
Bye.

white girl

Jim Crow,

TOO FUNNY!

Amy

I think the problem with this whole thing is this guy is an "actor" not a "comedian....when you go to comedy clubs to see performances full of vulgarity....sex......and crudeness you know you're going to see a Chris Rock show....If you know you have good seats to go see Gallagher you should know not to wear your best suit because eveyone knows that Gallagher smashes food everywhere........but when you have this actor trying to be a comedian you don't really know what to expect ......racist comments are not the best to start off with.....you need to get a following of fans who know what your comedy is about before you just jump right in with both feet because this is what happens......just my opinion......have a good turkey day everyone!!

Joy

I think he was onced robbed by the jews that why he hates them