Richards' Rant -- Not The First Time

11/22/2006 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael RichardsDid Michael Richards attack the Jews? Two Los Angeles residents have come forward and said that's exactly what happened last Spring at L.A. comedy club, The Improv.

Carol Oschin and J.P. Fillet say they were at The Improv on April 22 when Richards took the stage. They say that in the middle of Richards' skit, a man in the audience said something to the comedian, when Richards allegedly launched into an anti-Semitic rant. According to Oschin, Richards screamed at the audience member, "You f***ing Jew. You people are the cause of Jesus dying."
Offended couple - click to play

Oschin says the rant continued and Richards stormed off the stage. Oschin and Fillet say that, at first, they thought Richards' tirade was part of his act, but claim that it quickly became apparent it was not.

Richards' publicist, Howard Rubenstein, confirmed to TMZ that Richards did make derogatory comments about Jews, but says it was part of his act. Rubenstein says Richards told him, "I'm not anti-Semitic. I was playing a role and poking fun at the rednecks."

Larry

Easily Bored,

you're also obviously easily disturbed if you think that a comedian saying the things Michael Richards said was okay if it quieted the hecklers.. you're pitiful..

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I SAY THIS

jesus christ i give up
here's NUMBER SIX TOTAL over the last two days:

michael richards is a Catholic, as if it mattered about his religious faith
there is ample proof of this all over the internet and on tv

this is getting past ironic and hurtling towards surreal
an argument about race relations where the main thrust of most opinions is an incorrect assumption about the subject's race

Agoodazblackwoman

I am very disappointed with this site. I am a new member and to read comments like "NIGGERS AND JEWS. " comment really disturbed me. Then to bring an episode of Good Times into it was even more sickening. Michael Richards comments were not taken the way he ment them. He was angry and you say what you mean when you are angry. I cannot judge anyone's racial comments only GOD can do that I just hope you don't have children who heat this garbage and continue the cycle of ignorance. I will pray for all oth the lost souls on this site.

Newman

"Richards is of the Jewish faith and is not anti-semetic."

Richards is NOT of the Jewish faith and he SAYS he's not anti-Semitic, but then he also told Letterman he's not a racist...

Larry

Craig Evans...

another example of why people feel the need to be on the offensive...poor trash like you that gone from scrippling your racist remarks on public bathroom walls
to polluting the blogs....

Pat

What an old, ugly, racists bastard!

Larry

sorry.... the defensive

ArcticKat

This guy is a train wreck. I think he is just frustrated because he is not acting and he makes a better actor than comedian. Larry David is Jewish and gave him his big break. He is just a bitter C-list celebrity who is offered less acting and standup gigs than Bob Saget from full house. It doesnt matter if he "is" a racist or "racist as an act" He sealed his fate no matter what.

And to all those a**holes on here acting like they are heros for not being insulted when someone calls them a honkey, cracker or redneck-
So? Do you want a medal? Do think everyone should kneel before you kissing your feet? Do you think you automatically deserve the right to use the word "n*gger" exclusively because your sensitivity level earned it? What an ignorant dumb-f*** thing to believe. You all need to be on Dr. Phil for your inferiority complexes. Its not the same and you know it. Why dont you get a real job, an education or some sort of volunteer opportunity so you can have something WORTHY to boast about rather than that youre white-and a victim of affirmative action

I never knew how saturated TMZ boards could be with White Trash. I figure the ratio of white trash to respectable is about 40/60. Because thats the % of ignorant responses in the TMZ polls. This country makes me sick sometimes

Remember tomorrow-
ThanksTAKING, not thanksgiving

ArcticKat

One of One, well put. You hit the nail on the head.

Lola

This is so beating a dead horse. The man f*cked up. He's said nothing but that's he's terribly sorry. Why drag out these stupid stories from people who obviously want to get their 5 seconds of fame on the back of someone who is seriously down and out? Enough already.

krzylite

People really need to put these words in the context in which they were said. It's not just about the words alone...it's about how he said it and why he said it. When black people highlight race in their acts it is never in an attacking sort of way. He was ATTACKING those people. And of course they fought back by calling him a slur too, what person who isn't being attacked does not fight back. Someone punches you in the face, you punch back. I love how everyone wants to forget all about this and sweep it uder the rug, but the minute the media hops on this OJ thing, those same people are all riled up again. It's great that this whole thing came up in tandem with the OJ thing just in case people forgot why he got off...try to see the big picture, these things are all connected people. Would any of you care if OJ killed his black wife...NO! It's these same types of selfish insenstivities that keep us from progressing. We need to learn how to consider other people's feelings as though they're our own...it's called empathy.

denise

Again someone out for their 15 minutes of fame. Got on the Today show today. Oh and probably Extra tonight. Plus now the hecklers are looking to get paid. What this man said may not be right. But what happened to freedom of speech. I'm just so sick of it. Oh poor me you hurt my feelings now lets go get some money. If I had a dime for everytime someone called me fat. I'd be a rich woman right now. Oh and lets not forget that this mans career is being called over and ruined now. I'm sure we've all had these thoughts but we just don't say them. We may get sued!

just keeping it real

GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER GO KRAMER

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Dave, you wouldn't say that to a black person's face without a thousand people like you around for protection. Do you want to be black that bad, that you act like you hate them so much? I am saddened to know that you exist, hopefully a beautiful black woman, (someone like the one who rejected you in the past) can show you the way to redemption.

Anna

FYI: Lisa (comment #39)

The term "Jew" refers to both the religion and a race of people. I pity your ignorance.