Andy Dick:

'I Have Offended

a Lot of People'

12/6/2006 1:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

andy_dick_180-1Just hours after TMZ broke the story about Andy Dick's cavalier use of the N word in a comedy club this weekend, the alleged comedian has admitted that he made a huge mistake.

In an apology issued through his publicist, Dick said, "I chose to make a joke about a subject that is not funny. In an attempt to make light of a serious subject, I have offended a lot of people, and I am sorry for my insensitivity. I wish to apologize to Ian, to the club, and its patrons and to anyone who was hurt or offended by my remark."

Andy was heckling comedian Ian Bagg at L.A.'s Improv comedy club Saturday, when he sudddenly got out of his seat and jumped onstage, cracked jokes about Michael Richards, and referred to the crowd by the N word.

agave

Only people that laugh at Jerry Lewis laugh at this fool anyway. Amazing who people will spend money to see. Watching him on stage is like watching your dog piss.

E

The word has a lot deeper meaning then recent times. many blacks internalize the word and try to make it an empowering thing within one another but when a white perosn uses the word it reflects back to slavery days. Life is hard enough, make a joke out of taxes and everyday hardships and turn that into comedy i don't think theres a need to joke about racism when it's still such a major issue in our society.... both andy and richards should be ashamed

if someones calls a white person a cracker then its easy for us to laugh cause it does not represent any further meaning then being white.... the n word on the other hand represents deeper meaning, including the devastating and murderous centuries of slavery and physical abuse....

fdodgerfan

He's an attention whore.

Dwight Thompson

For ryan i'd like to add that there is more torment historically concerning the so called n-word than it has to the word cracker as a demeaning phrase. I'm sick of it too, from so to speak non-racist, and from my own fellow black folk. I'm old school, and our era spent a lot of effort trying to dispell that word. Thus..being of that old school mentality i can borrow from the words of mr. Tee, if i'm called that particulaly from a non- black person....I pity the fool!

katy

This is the new publicity stunt for fading celebs. Just say the N-word in public and your career is resurrected by going on the talk show circuit. Tom Cruise will be next to use it

SuperStarSteve

Andy Dick gives me a headache...I don't know what it is he JUST DOES.
He's earwax with a body and name. He's annoying, not funny. He and Pauly Shore should get married and move to Saipan.

R.

Whatever happened to free speech? I hate the fact that people are basically being told by the media that they must apologize and kiss ass for using any kind of slur. This is a free country and people from all groups/races/religions/etc. should stop acting like whining babies. I'm part of a group of people that is routinely maligned by the public. Do I like it, no. But I don't run around whining and pissing and moaning every time something is said to me that I don't like. And I sure don't expect people that have said hateful things to me to get on national t.v. and radio and sit still while I and others like me berate the individual for hours. Give me a break. Grow the f*** up.

BRONX

I think Andy needs to go into rehab. LOL LOLLOL. i am sure this is no big deal to the special intrest people ,now if he had use the word faggot they wouldnt even care. double standards. I WOULD SAY , LETS SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3