Wayans

Drops N-Bomb,

Faces Fallout

12/6/2006 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Damon WayansDamon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.

krissy

if you are easily offended, don't go to comedy shows........comedy is for people to lighten up, not sit there & bring thier bitterness criticizing every bit, go home & be bitter at home alone. yeh, some words do represent hate but to those of us who don't take everything so seriously it's just a joke.............remember people.....
sticks & stones may break our bones, but words can never.... well you know.
granted he projected it rather than used it in delivery, that was wrong but using it in comedic bits is just that .you don't see this white cracker no ass having bi*#h throwin fits about that stereotype, banning stuff only fuels it ...lighten up people!

muffin

Can we find this man a job? Perferably not on the big screen, or any screen for that matter.

blah blah blah

No No No! The Laugh Factory is way out of bounds here. This was an all colored folks night out. When ever you get a bunch of them together in one place they like to call each other N*gga. N*gga this, N*gga that, N*gga how yo momma? N*gga when yu get outa jail? It is the way they talk to one and other, so on a night lake chocolate sundaes night the N word is perfectly acceptable

Posted at 1:46PM on Dec 6th 2006 by Hater

OH GET OVER YOUR NARROW MINDED SELF. IT'S A DOUBLE STANDARD AND OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR NO MATTER WHAT RACE OR NATIONAL ORIGIN YOU ARE. IT IS NOT O.K. FOR YOU TO SAY IT EVEN IF IT WAS A CHOCOLATE SUNDAE NIGHT BUDDY. HOW BOUT IT TO BE O.K. FOR A OR ANY WHITE MAN TO HAVE A VANILLA MILK SHAKE NIGHT AND SAY THE N WORD.
NOT O.K. EHHHH?

spin sycle

Censorship is the first cry of Fascism.

arthur

It sure doesn't bother when they use the N word in their music videos ( but that is making them money) and they sure don't mind that they offend women. I hear them in their music refering to them as "bitches" . I have worked around black men before and had to hear them ALL DAY LONG calling each other the N word. It is just the same old thing, "Don't do as I do, Do as I say".
PS: Don't call me white, I'm Irish/German American.

coxy

adult comedy contains a lot of insults to a lot of people. and that can be funny. or not. but we are all free to attend or not attend if we do not want to risk being offended.

the laugh factory is full of BS to ban one word. It solves nothing and probably will only exacerbate the problem. chill out. its comedy. who cares if Richards hates balck people. shouldn't we be more concerned that our president doesn't like black people?

finally, #10 (and seemingly most other tmz commenters), i love you, but for f*ck sake, look up the following words: THERE, THEIR, THEY'RE

lissabell

Wow! If comedy clubs want to ban the N word because it is offensive then they better be banning all the other offensive words including, swear words, sex words, racial words (there are alot of worse words besides the N-word).

If people are going to get offended by these types of words then they need not go to comedy clubs. Like everything else, up tight people have to ruin a good thing for the rest of us because they get offened. I realize people are saying that MR used it in an offensive manner, but please don't sit here and tell me the guy he said it too, never used that word. Why is it okay for black people to say it to one another in any tone, I've heard it jokingly and offensively spoken towards each other. The minute a white person says it, it's racial. You don't hear white people calling each other crackers do you? Give me a break!

stef

That is hilarious! I love Damon Wayans! He told the Laugh Factory to shove it up their ass! But wait, I am sure that someone in the audience was offended and now wants a handout from Wayans, oh yeah, it's ok for a n*gger to say n*gger, just not a white dude...I forgot. You've got to give it to the Factory though, what a way to make some quick cash!

cindy

why can black people use the word but if a white person uses it they are called a racist and they have to explain themselves.

Magical Mike

Wayans is the best!@!!!

F*** Censorship! F*** Dumb People!

Smart people know words don't mean SH*T unless you LET THEM.

F***ING N*****S! Who is getting hurt by me sayiing that? Not Black People.

If anyone is I am if you knew me because I would be branded a hateful, racist, negative person and rightfully so.

STOP BEING DUMB PEOPLE! SMARTEN UP!

Words only have the power that you let them.

N***** N***** N*****.

The more it is used the less meaning it will have. Don't Be Stupid!

do something about it

Its funny how people say i am not a racist but......! But what? You have racial tendencies. This whole country is dazed and confused everyone has came across as a racist once in their lifetime. No matter how hard you try race is still and issue as it always will be and not just against skin color but size and height as well if you want to start banning words ban words like fat, skinney, and ugly because people discriminate against that also

In da Biz!

I would just like to say that we should never ban the word. As a black female I say we comprimise and do it this way.......Let whosoever use the word but let them also suffer the consequences of when and where and under what circumstances they use it. I think that would stop lots of people after they start having to remove bricks from their mouths...lol

Rick

62% say do not ban the word N*GGER

38% Say yes Ban the word N*gger

Heres what I say to those that do not want to Ban the word...Dont Get your Panties in a bunch when someone says the word N*GGER!!!! This has been a Double Standard for years and those who are offended by the word and still use it, well I say just use the word until all offended stop using it themselves.

Ray

LOL I love reading these comments. Now all the people who freaked out about Richards are saying "wait, its all about context". Listen, LF either bans the word or it doesn't. No one is going to play "thought police" for you friggin PCers. But go ahead, get an ulcer worrying about words and how much greenhouse gas your farts are giving off lmao

Oh yeah, "n*gger"

Eli

ha ha lmao, people sre so freaking racist dude! Oops let me not use the word dude it might offend people! lol