Bow Wow's

N-Bomb

12/8/2006 4:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bow Wow performsBow Wow isn't deleting the N-word from his lyrics.

At last night's Jingle Ball Concert hosted by 102.7 KIIS FM, Bow Wow gave a no-holds-barred performance in front of thousands of screaming youngsters.

A shirtless and dancing Bow announced, lyrically, that he is single and not dating Ciara, while dropping the N-word throughout his songs. In the aftermath of the Michael Richards rant, some artists have chosen to lose the derogatory term, but not Bow Wow.

No one at the concert seemed to be affected by his use of the word; perhaps his younger audience is unaware of the weight the word has carried.

Calls to Bow Wow's reps were not immediately returned.

Isatta

There's nigger and then there's nigga. Two slight letter changes, but big difference. Nigga is not used in a deragatory sense, nigger is. I don't see why blacks should be banned from using NIGGA. White people wouldn't understand this because they haven't endured the pain black people struggled with for hundreds of years. Um, slavery. How could a white person understand??? They were the ones treating us like property back when.

Rick

I SAY WE ALL USE THE WORD N*GGER IF BLACK PEOPLE DONT WANT US TO USE THEN THE IDIOTS WHO USE IT SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING WHEN SOMEONE USES THE WORD...BLACK PEOPLE CANNOT PUT A COPYRIGHT ON WORDS...SO IDIOTS STOP USING N*GGER AND MAYBE EVERYONE ELSE WILL STOP USING IT...I KNOW I WILL USE IT AS LONG AS N*GGAS USE IT

teeks

#20, Before you start crtiicizing other people, learn to speak English. Your post made NO sense at all. You obviously can't even string two thoughts together in any kind of coherent fashion.

Ellis

Another failure of evolution that plays to the lowest common denominators on this planet. Take him, Fitty, Eminem, Kayne West, et al to Florida and either feed them to the gators or send them into outer space. Slimeballs

Rick

21. #19 DO YOU GO TO CHURCH?! DONT YOU KNOW THAT MAKING A STATEMENT LIKE THAT WILL WIND YOU UP IN THE LAKE OF FIRE! THOU SHALL NOT US HIS NAME IN VANE, IF I WERE YOU I WOULD REPENT ASAP. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL

Posted at 3:18PM on Dec 8th 2006 by JESSICA

keep your christian sh*t to yourself, we all know what child molester are, church going people. So shove this fire of hell up your ass.

CheckOutSomeHistory

The problem is the history behind the word. Blacks were lynched, raped, and made to feel less than by whites who used the word not long ago(1950's). So in today's society, if a white person calls a black person a nigger it has a racist undertone because of the history of the word. Basically, blacks get offended because in today's society they would dare a white person to use the word to represent the same hatred that it did in the 50s. However, the black community, within itself, uses the word to refer to each other in a cultural sense. If one black says, "damn nigga" they don't mean it in harm or hatred. It is more of a cultural thing and those not in the culture probably wouldn't understand. However, at the same time it isn’t for you to understand. All you need to know is not to say it. It isn't a double standard it is just a cultural word. If you aren't black you can't say it. If you are black you can (although many chose not to). I hope this helps for all of those screaming "explain it to me".

Shavonne

First off, no it is not fair for African Americans to use the N-word and caucasians can't but face it life isn't fair thats how its been for years and I don't think it will change, so caucasians let it go, we can say it you can't.Its wrong but thats the way it is.

justaham

To #35 - CheckOutSomeHistory
That is one fine damn post. Kudos to you.
It is now clear to me what the difference is when African American people say the word "nigger" as opposed to a Caucasian saying it. I for one is a minority (from Asia) and do feel how the African Americans feel. On the other hand, if the Caucasians think that it is OK for African Americans to say the word, ergo they can say the word "nigger" as well without prejudice.

Standards are badly needed.

Hey, #20 - You're not even on topic. This blog is discussion about Bow Wow's use of the 'n' word, which is a natural followup story to Michael Richard's 'n' word fiasco, so if you think it's trivial, then you should log off, dumbass. Your post is the most racist thing I've read today, and for some reason you think this blog about Bow Wow is the appropriate avenue for you to spew your pathelogical hatred of another race. You make ME sick, you're so filled with hate. Hate hurts you, not me.

Mahogany

Ok white people. This is my opinion. I could be wrong but most black people do not call each other NI**ER. I don't hear too many black women using this word as much as young black and Latino men but they say NI*A. I don't like to hear it or allowed it in my home. I grew up in the 70s and my parents told me if anyone call you a Ni**er you kicked their ass. You don't let anyone disrespect you or call you out your name. I do not approve of either word. Plus, I think when whites say NI**ER . It's meant to be cruel, hateful, and to degrade blacks. I think using the word ni**er is hate speech and a racial slur. Banned both words ni**er and ni*a. That means to not use it in movies, rap, poems etc. etc. We should all know the difference between right and wrong and using the N-word is wrong.

Standards are badly needed.

I think that if blacks can't even drop the 'n' word, then ergo you can't reasonably expect whites to, as they continue to hear it from the blacks. If a word is twinned with more painful times, the race that word offends should be HELLBENT to drop it. If a word made me feel small, it would not be allowed into my or my children's vocabulary. So I think it IS a double standard. It is 'do as I say, not as I do'. Period.
If blacks can't even get their own to drop it, pointing at whites seems secondary.
Oh well, it's human nature. Change takes more than a couple of generations. It will come, in language and in deed.

SP

Here is the truth, blacks can say it, whites can't. People can make fun of whites and christians , but not the other way around. Hear about the boy that was muslum and pissed on the bible, well if it had been the other way around it would have been all over the news and everyone would be saying see why the muslums want to kill us. People in this country love to be offended, and so do muslums, it gives them an excuse to keep acting the way they do. Blame everyone but themselves.

Jo Blo

lol @ "us blax undured slaveray lolz!" no, not blacks in this day and age. your granddaddy doesn't count.

and hello, white people know what it's like to be sh*t on: see Hitler and the Holocaust - Jews were nearly wiped out. Far worse than picking cottin all day.

Jo Blo

Why do you black people act like you have had the worst life out of all races? What about the f***ng Jews who almost got wiped out by Hitler? The Holocaust is/was a far worse thing than slavery and someone hurting someone's f***ing feelings by saying n*gger.

Have you ever thought that calling a white person a cracker or a honkey would hurt their feelings? No, because ~*whites deserve it LOLZ*~*~~* F***asses.

do something about it

This is to a black man named sam. All a white person knows how to do is hang you and still your land!lol Although WHO CARES was unethical in someway they were right. An oh please look at what hitler did! Look at what bush is doing. No one every said whites cant use the word it is just unethical which has been said over 1000 times you white people just dont understand simple english. Its time to let it go if it bothers whites so much go stand infront of your local KFC and protest or just continue whinning like you have been YOU SOUND LIKE 5TH GRADES "WHY CAN TIMMY HAVE ONE AND I CANT"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments