Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

george vieto

Maybe she will see the light and seek professional help.

My two cents

LOL 2 Laughing at you. You sure told UNREAL! She had it coming. I think she thinks she knows it all and she is a poor speller too.

My two cents

I just LOVE when an idiot like Unreal puts me to a challenge. You have to pity a person like him/her. He/she points out that I am scary for reading other posters posts and yet this is exactly what he/she is doing. Crack me up. You have to love a funny moron.

kelly

Looks like Nicole likes to "party all night" (like her dad's song). She also should have been ticketd for NEE (not eating enough). Driving while hungry and high is very irresponsible.She could have died or she could have killed someone.

kelly

Poor little Nicole too much partying "all night long" and "dancing on the ceiling."

rl

To "laughing at all of you" did you people not read what this a**hole had to say about YOU! calling the "majority" of us losers & that we need friggen help read # 434 (I think it is) & you'll understand why i'm so frustrated. & this is for you "laughing at all of you" to you personally you need to re-read YOUR post! you said the majority of people (which means you read them all!!!) & it cleary states that you said "what happened to nicole is a tragedy" so either you didn't do your homework, or you didn't read the "article" because it says she went up the OFF ramp! how is that a tragedy for her! yha maybe for the oncoming traffic! & you talked about people picking her apart, or whatever but what are you doing? all you want to do is cut everyone down, that expresses an opinion. cause you have so many insecurities, you don't know which one to handle first! & I don't care about my grammer that's not what this is about. take your meds they prescribed you & go to bed!!! (oh did I spell that right??) anyway, & ooohhh oops (misspelled again) this is the first time i've been on here & saw your sorry ass comment & just had to answer it!!

rl

SORRY GUYS IT'S #433 YOU HAVE GOT TO READ IT!!. IT'S FROM "LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU"( SUCH A JOYI) & THAN YOU'LL KNOW WHERE i"M COMING FROM! & FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T SEEN MY RESPONSE, SCROLL THROUGH! I STUCK UP FOR EVERYONE HERE! & I HAVE READ, & DO APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! HAPPY HOLIDAY'S!

stanley

DUI means Driving Under the Influence. It does not mean alcohol. The question is, which influence? Drugs or Drinks? Does CA. also have DWI (While Impaired). Bottom line, whatever she smoked, drank, or shot, She needs help!

My two cents

Well, "Unreal", I am not surprised that your spelling, grammer or lack of punctuation does not bother you. That is your smoke screen for not being ABLE to write like an adult with an education. Now, on to the matter at hand. IF you read my post and were adult enough to understand, you would have understood that there are people here that have the intelligence level of most 5th graders who make statements about Nicole that are simply NOT TRUE. Yes, it IS a tragedy for Nicole, but I never ONCE condoned her behavior. Anyone who faced her SUV on that freeway was a tragedy. Certainly I KNOW that she could have killed someone. How horrible that would have been had it happened! Thank GOD it did not happen. Does Nicole need help? F-yeah! Should she be punished like every other non celebrity human being? F-yeah! (sorry, the slang is coming out of me here...). Now, did I read EVERY POST? I think NOT, however, I read enough dumb ass blogs to last me a life time. The LOSERS I was blogging about are the ones who are clueless in other aspects of Nicoles life. Calling her a whore, a spoiled brat, using her weight issues, blaming her family and friends, suggesting that she is a heroin addict again, etc, etc...all the stuff that has NOTHING to do with her going up an off-ramp or her DUI. There are only a handful of blogs here that stick to the subject at hand....her BAD for doing what she did. Who are some of these people that suggest something else? Who raised THEM?

I could care LESS what YOUR opinion is. I think you are among the losers that have nothing INTELLIGENT to contribute here. Yes, I put the "losers" into a catagory, and I am glad that you realized that you were one of them, otherwise you would have never responded to me. Now, rather than sit here and re-post, maybe you should spend more time on your spelling, grammer and punctuation.

jack haberlin

I feel terribly sorry for her. A young, LOST little gal with a problem.
i doubt that this episode in her life will change anything.
she's still cute at 85lbs jack,,,,,,,,,,,,, ask4jack

stanley

Everyone in Maryland supports her. She seems like a nice girl with a smart wit about her. She will be fine. Just hope she doesn't use Paris's DUI attorney. Hello!! Conflict of Interest!!!!

rl

TO LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU..)excuse my grammer) hey listen, you know what is so sad about you??? is that I actually was agreeing with you (however you spell it!) in the beginning & than you turned to rage! telling me I am among the losers that have nothing intellegent to contribute! & that your glad I realized that. & that maybe I should work on my grammer. & on & on. I feel sorry for your family, if you have one! you probably screwed that up too, hugh? you need help! & you can post all you want in all the different "names" you want, I won't respond.. get help! see ya

Rebecca

No. 52, you're the one that amazes me. The point isn't that she's human and makes mistakes like the rest of us and it's not the end of the world. The point is, she was driving while under the influence of drugs and could have very easily ended her world or, worse, someone else's world. Would you be so forgiving if she had hit one of your loved ones and killed them? These celebrities get a slap on the wrist for their dangerous behavior and as long as that happens, they're never going to learn. They will continue thinking that they will get away with it, whether they kill someone or not. It's not a mistake to get into a vehicle and drive while you're under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it's downright stupidity.

Susan McCoy

I am sure that her father is very pleased. I had hoped she was on the path to recovery.

VDIVA

Nicole, please get a grip, no more taking a sip, come off of your trip, It's over.