Nicole Richie

Popped for DUI

12/11/2006 1:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole RichieTMZ has learned that Nicole Richie was arrested for DUI early Monday morning. She was booked at 4:50 AM today and was released around 7:15 this morning. The booking sheet reveals Richie is 5'1" and 85 lbs.

We're told two motorists spotted her SUV going the wrong way on the 134 Freeway in Burbank. The drivers called 911.

When the CHP responded, Richie was stopped in the carpool lane and was alone in the vehicle. When cops approached the vehicle, Richie was on her cellphone.

Law enforcement officers tell TMZ Nicole Richie admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

A preliminary alcohol screening device revealed that Nicole was not under the influence of alcohol.

One law enforcement source tell TMZ that while Richie was at the jail she was "very cooperative and very humble."

This is not the first brush Richie has had with substance abuse. In 2003, she pled guilty to heroin possession. The charges were dismissed after she completed the terms of her probation.

A rep for Richie had no comment.

TMZ has learned that Richie hired celebrity lawyer Howard Weitzman to rep her in this latest incident.

kimberly walters

I AM JUST ABOUT FED UP WITH THIS CHICK AND HER SIDE KICK!!!!!! THE MAGIZINES ARE FULL OF THEIR LITTLE ADVENTURES, ARRESTS AND SLAP'S ON THE WRIST!!! PUT THEIR ASSES BEHIND BAR'S FOR A FEW WEEKS!!!! GUESS AN INOCENT PESON NEEDS TO BE KILLED IN ORDER FOR THIS TO HAPPEN....OH, SORRY.......MONEY WILL BUY THEM OUT OF THAT TOO!!!!!!!

tino

I wish I could find a chick 5' 1" 85lbs. I need a spinner like that!!!

taylor stephens

Spoiled brat, irresponsible and self-absorbed. She needs to get a job on a dairy farm.

No legs in Texas :(

I just can't understand why charges are dismissed for drug possesion when you complete a certain program or whatever the judge wants you to do. Drug possesion is drug possesion. Having legit charges dismissed can only encourage more of the same. Especially with these "celebrities". Even when they kill someone, they hardly ever get any jail time. Yeah, they get fined, but , they have money coming out of their asses, that they don't even feel it. What the hell are these judges for?

Pieta

Wake up call I hope.

Where is Daddy???????????

Devildolldee

Gee...A history of heroin use? Hmmm...Ya think maybe THAT's why she weighs 85 lbs?? BTW, DUI means driving under the influence, not nessessarily alcohol intoxication.

Roger c.

please get help before it is to late, maybe your father can help or some close friends, i have enjoy you all my life, too many people has gone, i don' want to see you go that way, make me proud of you, be the shinning star in my life, take care and god bless you. untill we meet again, i will be praying for you!!

mandy

why is it that because you are a celebrity you can get away with anything? her skinny bag of bones should of stayed locked up!

butters

shes ribbed for her pleasure

NinjaDude

HAHA...what a dumb biatch!

she should be banned for life.

Donna

I hope she gets the help she needs. Then maybe her life can turn around. Good thing someone called 911. Maybe saved her life, and the life of another driver that wasn't on drugs or drinking.

Ticked off

I can see the media has nothing more interesting than to cover another drug habit celeb. I think we give enough attention to these losers. Pars, Brittany, Linda, and ANS, and now Richie. These are some of the most worthless people in Hollywood. They don't have the talent to beat the worst talent on American Idol. I would take the biggest loser there over these loser media sluts. I wish the media would focus on more endearing events. Find some people that are doing something good with their lives instead of these Hollywood losers. It gets sickening to see how we want to paste their antics all over the net and front page of every paper in the country. And all for what?

steve

#1 is right on, what a fat pig

Henry

Neither of these 'girls' have any class whatsoever. I sincerely hope that young girls will be smart enough to know the difference between class and trash.

Granny Moo

Today's starlets and personalities are playing an old and dangerous game. I'm sure they are sensing their 10-minutes-of-fame is nearly over and they're doing whatever they can to garner some attention. Driving the wrong way on the freeway is a sure way to draw a big crowd .. .. all wearing black and all talking about 'what a shame' that 'such a young life was wasted' ~ Nicole, Paris, Madonna, Lindsay, Britey and their ilk, are an embarassment to decent, working, responsible young women everywhere.