ABC Security Cam

Captures Richie's Arrest

12/12/2006 1:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A camera trained on the 134 Freeway in Burbank recorded Nicole Richie's DUI arrest early Monday morning.

Nicole Richie
ABC Television has offices near the exit ramp which Richie used to enter the freeway going the wrong way. ABC security guards noticed the commotion on their monitors and trained their security camera in that direction.

The pictures show Richie talking to CHP officers. We're told she admitted that she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

Richie's attorney, Howard Weitzman, exclusively tells TMZ "This is a difficult time for Nicole but she is prepared to accept whatever responsibility is appropriate. She intends to continue with her career and will deal with any other issues that need to be addressed."

Norma

That series of photos has to be the dullest thing ever posted on TMZ.

amy

I think she is funny. I think that she is the reason that the simple life is funny. Paris didn't make many funny comments in my opion.

LARRY FAN

If any one of us were caught getting a DUI, would we want everyone making fun of us about it? i doubt it, been there and i cant imagine having updates about it on tmz.com.
Leave the poor girl alone, she's had enough drama for one year hasnt she..Ya'll need a life!

Natalie

Get a Cab!!Or call a friend.Please your rich.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

LOL, " Brown but Black".... Yeah I had to take a few people to school about the Nicole being black thing... For the people who seem to NOT care about what race Nicole is, they seem to be fighting mad about hearing she may be of black heritage. If you don't give a F**K then it shoudln't matter...

I happen to like Nicole but she needs help and fast...

Lea

Tootz,

#20: Why are you saying "THANK YOU KATHERINE"? Nicole Ritchie's parents I believe are Cuban/black/Latin etc. She is not white but very light skinned. So if you don't care about what race she is, why are you THANKING someone for pointing out that she is of the white persuasion...?@$# Posted at 12:14PM on Dec 12th 2006 by L.A. Dime

TOO CUTE of a negative response to respond to!!! However, If you can get past that pessimestic layer, THANK GOD there were no fatalities. Don't care if you are red, white, black or blue the message is.. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE.. there are other lives in the world that you should consider. P/S I am and I grew up in a melting pot so sticks'n'stones to you..... LUV TOOTZ!

kathryn

#16, I don't give a rat's ass if she's 1/2 alien. I'm sorry, but to label someone "black" who is mixed is jacked up. I KNEW SHE WAS NOT "WHITE:". You have to "chose"? I heard she actually was latino, not black.....but like I said, I don't give a sh*t. Making this a race thing is so typical. GROW UP.

toddbute

Well that makes perfect sense, certainly we should adhere to the rules of race typing that were created during the slave trade! Thank you for clearing that up! 1% black is certainly black! Thank God we have these rules for catagorization! That's what keeps people in their place! I applaud your superior wisdom!!! My God you're brilliant! Human Beings are Human Beings! Race in this day and age should not be an issue that is even discussed, unless ofcourse we are trying to eradicate Racism!

Brandon

WHY IS EVERYONE TAKING #1'S COMMENT SERIOUSLY AND ACTUALLY RESPONDING TO IT. THESE POSTS ALWAY TURN INTO SOMETHING ABOUT RACE WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO IF PEOPLE JUST IGNORED THE STUPID COMMENTS ABOUT RACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. STOP FEEDING INTO THIS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

I just gotta say this one last time... To those who are freaking out at the prospect that Nicole Ritchie is black, but yet they say it doesn't matter to them why are you giving high fives to the other posters who for someone reason believe she is white...?

I for one can tell she is black by looking at her, but some of you have posted that "you thougyt you were seeing things"...

You ARE seeing things if you thought she looked non-black because she is light skinned... Do you think Mariah Carey is white too? I just had to ask that one...

mike

She was on the wrong side of the road is why she was stopped stupid. Being black had nothing to do with her being stopped though its probably what made her be so stupid.

JULIE

so where are you now #1? hiding behind your monitor because you're an IDIOT?

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Tootz... Sticks and Stones... WTF.. I just asked you a question, I didn't put you down or be rude to you... And you are saying you grew up in a melting pot because?????

Kate

Those ABC security guards deserve a raise! Brilliant work.

Lea

To #25: The only thing to learn here is.... who gives a sh*t what ethnicity you belong to......~~~~YAWL DO NOT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANYTHING~~~~ That was my summation of this. While it seems #20 has a different version of life. P/S What color is green, red, brown, black and white? Only stupid people respond please...................