ABC Security Cam

Captures Richie's Arrest

12/12/2006 1:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A camera trained on the 134 Freeway in Burbank recorded Nicole Richie's DUI arrest early Monday morning.

Nicole Richie
ABC Television has offices near the exit ramp which Richie used to enter the freeway going the wrong way. ABC security guards noticed the commotion on their monitors and trained their security camera in that direction.

The pictures show Richie talking to CHP officers. We're told she admitted that she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot.

Richie's attorney, Howard Weitzman, exclusively tells TMZ "This is a difficult time for Nicole but she is prepared to accept whatever responsibility is appropriate. She intends to continue with her career and will deal with any other issues that need to be addressed."

Lea

To L.A. Dime: I am in fact laughing at you.... for the fact.. that you are preggers.....you remind me of Britney Spears. Post Script: where is your significant other tonight? With me. ha...ha.. Luv Ya! Always Lust Ya Signficant other!

TamTam

Okay everyone let's just take a moment to try to sort out the arguments and perhaps LEARN something here.

1) Nicole Ritchie is a black woman who weighs about 85 lbs.

2) the fact that she's a black woman had NOTHING to do with the fact that she was arrested for driving down the FREEWAY going the wrong way.

3) the fact that she is black, pretending to live her life as a white girl, has put such a tremendous amount of pressure on her, that she resorts to drugs and many other self-detructive behaviors.

4) Nicole Ritchie is black, and will be black until the day she dies!

pennylane

love nicole! i absolutely wish her the best... i dont know what the big deal is, its not like shes back on heroine or coke...i bet there manyyy people on this comment page that has smoked a joint or two...so i dont agree with all of you bashing her just because shes nicole ritchie

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Kellee you are so dumb, I'm not pregnant , just trying to prove to you that people can say things and they are not true... You bit off more than you can chew, and you seem a bit ignorant. What do/did I take personally> I proved a point that you don't happen to agree with, dumb f&@k.

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

Curiosity Killed the KAT ;-)

eeze, yeah you'd know because your mother's black. Thanks for the information.

Lea

OK to #71: In response to L.A . Dime who is preggers for who whose who? AND it is no fault of Nicole Richie driving up the wrong side of the road while she was intoxicated under the influence of who knows what!!!!!! We, as U.S. Citizens, are just grateful that there were no fatalities only humiliating circumstances involved here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TamTam

I agree with you ezze - Amen for mixed races!! If we continue mixing and mingling, we'll ALL be black soon!!! Makes sense since the human race started black!!!

We will have truly come full circle...wouldn't THAT be great???

ezze

Actually my daddy black. But thanks for noticing how ridiculous the race cards are. Just put them away already. IGNORANCE

Rachel

Am I missing something? Since when does Nicole look black???
This nut (or one of her equally skanky friends, Paris, Britney, Lindsay) is going to kill somone one day. To those defending her I hope it isn't your kid.....

Rachel

Brown but Black- you may have started black, and thus resemble certain primates, I however began with Christ, thus my more attractive, evolved appearance.

Lea

My point exactly... Nicole doesn't look black... or whatever color you thing she is.........however, she was pulled over for driving up the wrong part of the road because she was under the influence. L.A. Dime doesn't seem to get the point here. But It seems Nicole Richie as well as Paris Hilton are perfect examples of driving under the influence. So people......... do not drive under the influence....... even if your are preggers such as L.A. Dime..... JUST DO NOT TOUCH A WHEEL IF YOU HAVE BEEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE. You will save yourself of many, many counseling sesssions......unless.. you are preggers such as L.A. Dime... Then, in her case, she should really higher her standards such as L.A. Dollar

TamTam

whiteandbeautiful - sorry to be the one to break it to you, but Jesus Christ is black too. Amen and Hallelujah!

Joy

People could have been killed or hurt badly because of Nicole's irresponsible actions. Going the wrong way on a freeway exit ramp? It could have been ALOT worse had she killed someone. Next time, she (or other drivers) may not be so lucky. I only hope she "gets" the seriousness of this.

Brandon

YO # 46. "heed TO your own advice"? LMAO. If you're going to try an use a phrase at least have the inteligence to use it correctly. BTW I do heed my own advise. I was not addressing the original comment made, but simply trying to send a message to the people who allow themselves to become embroiled in pointless racist discussions.

get it?