Clay Aiken: American A-Hole?

12/28/2006 1:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Clay Aiken and Joshua WillardClay Aiken's diva-like behavior has got one former fan pissed off. The former "American Idol" star is being accused of booting a 15-year-old boy off of a concert line-up simply because he wasn't festive enough.

Joshua Willard won a North Carolina singing competition, which gave him the chance to perform with the Greensboro Symphony during Clay Aiken's Holiday concert on Saturday. Willard told TMZ he rehearsed his song, Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," and had just finished a soundcheck when managers of the Symphony told him the devastating news that Aiken's camp had decided that he would not be allowed to perform because he was not singing a Christmas song. Bah humbug!

Curiously, other singers who did have holiday songs prepared were also not allowed to sing. Instead, Willard was only allowed to lead a 30-second group singalong. Lisa Crawford, CEO of the Greensboro Symphony, told TMZ that the children were never promised they could sing with Clay; "It was his tour and show. We were just hired to play."

A photogallery of Stars Behaving BadlyDuring his concert, Willard says Aiken "was trying to be more of a comedian than a singer," -- and an unfunny one at that. Aiken made multiple references to his controversial appearance on "Live with Regis and Kelly," where he attempted to put his hand over Ripa's mouth. Willard says Aiken was rude to audience members and told several people to sit down and cover their mouth. Clay even showed a raunchier side by pretending he had flatulence every time feedback came through the speakers. Talk about making a stink!

An hour after the show, Willard got to meet Clay, but says that Miss Thing was "snotty" and acted like he was too good for his little fans. The former Claymates were even told not to take individual pictures with Aiken, only group shots. Willard is devastated and says that due to Aiken's behavior, he now "could care less of Clay." Joshua hopes to tryout for the next season of "American Idol," to show the world what a down to earth Idol is really like.

Calls to Clay's rep were not immediately returned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jackie

I see a nest of Clay haters here. I think there are a lot of sour grapes
in this article. You can Clay bash all day and you will not get anywhere with
it because it is very petty and mean and most people with any sense can see
what is fueling this little gabfest? Have fun!!!

NYC

I love me some anna. Crazy ass bitch !. I still like her better than paris. :)

spud

THIS FLAMER pretending to be straight is the biggest joke, its like richard simmons saying he loves p***y, so funny, anytime clay is in town...los angeles he hits the phone lines trying to book male hookers and massage therapist and wants happy endings with the boys.........scary, they should just get big buck for having to see this little elf nude

luvbny

# 2 i totally agree with you.

i could not stand him on american idol, he gave me the creeps. now with the plastic surgery and the gay ass hair do it makes him look like a transvestite gone wrong!
i guess that i what happens you get sort of famous, it goes to your head!

Maxum

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: I sometime think: Who is to blame for these DIVAs (Yes Clay, you may be a male, but you're really only a boy and a diva... and honestly, I bet youre someone's bitch, you gay little nobody. For the readers, Excuse my french.). Can you tell that I dislike this little brat. The answer to my question is simple: US, WE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC! We entertain and endorse these nobodies by buying their albums and attending their concerts and in exchange we hold them to absolutly nothing! Why should I support a semi-gay brat who is acting as if he deserves some respect? because of hisvoice and talent? There are many, much better artists than Clay, I am not Gay but I act as if I am, Aiken. Lets take our money somewhere else until he straighten up his act. Now I will take this discussion away from Clay (as the picture on the bottom shows my true love, wink wink, Anna Nichole Smith) and move to a more general discussion of celebrities: What bugs me the most is that in our narcissistic society, this kind of behaviour (and worst) as displayed by Anna, Britney, Linsy and Paris as well as Tara and many many more, is accepted by the younger generation while us the adults (anyone above 25 is considered adult for the purpose of this discussion) allow this to continue. I think we should come with some kind of system of moral or professional rating system and just impose it on the lucky bastards that have no interest in what we think.... with this rating system, we would affect their endorsement deals from corporations and ability to perform in public. This kind of conrtol will force them to mellow down and act as if they have class. Once we control their pockets these wothless uneducated drunk peices of skins will start performing their role in society which is to be a little naughty and strech the limits yet show some kind of visions and moral stature (and not tear every bit of dignity and morality to shreds)......otherwise people, were looking at the moral future of America. Please note that American Culture is already a joke in other parts of the world...... lets turn the tide...... Lets kick some celebrity ass and bring them back down to eatrh.

Lenn K

This guy is like Michael Jackson, married Lisa Marie so people would think he wasn't a kid toucher. I don't care if you come out of the closet, we really don't need to know. The truth you are gay and that's fine because we all know that Rosie can smell a gay across ten counties.

Jinxy Cat

What a whiny lil' bitch Clay is...

Kelly

Clay Aiken is an ugly fat fag!!

alex

Oh please! This kid wants publicity .....I was at Clay's concert His is great and people loves him....This was a Christmas show and the artists supossed to sing Christmas songs....Hummmm another one looking for publicity and to put Clay down Enough

Gretta

Clay who?

Patty

as the picture on the bottom shows my true love, wink wink, Anna Nichole Smith

Posted at 12:15PM on Dec 28th 2006 by MAXUM

Maxum, I totally agree with you on Clay Aiken. He's as gay as they come and acts like a complete bitch and just because he won some stupid ass contest, he needs to realize that the world was only taking into account his singing. Now we see his behavior, and he's just a plain *sshole.

But please, PLEASE tell me the bit about Anna Nicole Smith is sarcasm....how can anyone's true love be a drug addicted, lying, manipulative, thief who helped to murder her own son?

I really hope that was sarcasm, because my comment WASN'T.

Gwen

Clay O' Clay
come out and play
maybe tomorrow or today?
We all know you're gay

PN

This is a little over his head with what he did. I can't believe that Clay Aiken wouldn't let Joshua Willard sing his version of Stevie Wonder's Superstition at the Greensboro concert. Just because it couldn't fit with the Christmas mood of his concert? But maybe Clay didn't want someone else to sing on his show for fear that it would turn into a karaoke show if they sing off key or terrible. He just wants to get the upper hand over everybody else. His problem is that he's so caught up in making sure that everything is so perfect. Like his current album, A Thousand Different Ways, where every chorus, bridge, bombastic power ballad sound and song landscapes are perfect to the 9th degree. He's going to turn off a lot of people with that bigheaded, male diva-driven arrogant attitude. I think it started right after he covered Kelly Ripa's mouth on November's Live with Regis and Kelly show. Why didn't Michael Gelman and his producers stop the taping? The audience was laughing when that happened, but I thought it was SICK! You don't put your hand over other guests' mouths! I was away that day, but I would have been outraged. I like Clay's music and voice. But Clay Aiken needs to stop thinking he's far more important than anybody else. I think that he needs to apologize to Joshua. I don't know how embarrassed Joshua was that night.

CMP for life

I happen to be a big fan of Clay. And getting a new hairstyle doesn't mean you got plastic surgery you moron. I don't see why you have to insult and insult Clay just because he's not someone you listen to. You're such hypocrites! Calling him whiny....listen to yourselves! And do you even know all of the things Clay has done?? He's taken part in countless organizations to help those in third world countries, he's part of best buddies. . .
People like you believe every single word you read. How do you really know what went on at the concert. How do you know this isn't just some bratty kid wanting attention?
Sure, celebrities can do stupid or mean things sometimes. But they're only human! And do you realize how hard they work? I happen to be an actress myself, and it is in no way a walk in the park. You are constantly practicing, stressing out, and doing hard work. Try thinking about what they have to deal with before you go insulting them.

bojangles

And it never crosses anyone's mind that people paid money to see Clay Aiken perform with a symphony and not "Amateur Hour in Greensboro, NC?" That those people might be ANGRY if Clay had to cut short his set in order to accomodate amateurs? That someone overstepped when they scheduled an amateur to sing "Superstition" at a Christmas Symphony concert? That Clay's managament probably found out at the last minute and were forced to look like the bad guys but did what they could to ease the blow by still allowing the kid to sing on stage, by giving him tickets to the show and arranging a meet and greet and photos afterward? That maybe THIS KID is being a whiny brat diva and trying to create a story where there is none?? That maybe all this is is a disappointed 15 year old acting like a teenager and pissing over everything when he gets upset? That maybe Clay Aiken ISN'T Satan incarnate?

Jesus H. Christ.