James Brown Paper Trail

1/3/2007 3:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Brown InviteFeeling depressed about the passing of the Godfather of Soul aka the Hardest Working Man in Show Business?
Couldn't find a flight to the public memorial service in Augusta Georgia? Fortunately, eBay has got you covered in your time of sorrow.

A program from the funeral, originally intended for friends and close family members, has popped up on eBay.

Now you can have a chance to finish that James Brown shrine you've worked on so tirelessly.

chena

IS THERE ANYTHING OFF LIMITS TO TMZ.

A OBITUARY FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS SHOULD BE RESPECTED.

Leatherpants

Is the seller Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton?

AD Jones

Uh, how is TMZ to blame? They didn't put the program on eBay. Whoever did has a first class ticket to hell and a dildo session with Saddam's name on it though.

L.S

O YUK cut it out.... lets move on now nothing but a wife beater

zzZ

WHY IS TMZ GOING OUT OF ITS WAY TO DISRESPECT JAMES BROWN, NOT EVEN A DEAD BLACK MAN CAN GET SOME LOVE ON THIS SITE. BAD ENOUGH TMZ INSULTS EVERY BLACK PERSON IT HAS TO INSULT THE DEAD AT EVERY TURN, SH*T IS REDICULOUS

We, are not amused.

TMZ...
Screw you snide ass sh*its!

Tommie

What else can you expect from a classless TMZ blog site and whoever put his obituary up for bid on E-Bay. But at least we can say one thing; this proves just how "big" the "Godfather" was. Because when most celebrities pass away, you can usually find their obituary posted on Web sites, where you can simply download it or make a copy of it. But for the "Godfather of Soul", his obituary has to be bought. That says a lot.

billyboyhere

Wow this could be worth a whole lot of money in a few years...look at Elvis stuff once he passed.

I'm putting in a bid...the guy has package deals too, all 3 services starting at 39 bucks.

Watching James Brown's "widow" right now on Larry King Live---I've never seen a person who could cry on command and than stop crying within a single breath like she can. She's either an actress or a phony.

chena

#9 This lady on CNN is not James Brown's wife. She was his country, drugged-out, homeless "trick" who supposedly has a 5-year old son out of wedlock with him. James Brown real wife, Adrienne died in the late 90's after complications from plastic surgery.

Also, thanks. I'm watching her Larry King interview and she's crying like a fake sheep. She needs to spend more time trying to find a place to live (since his lawyer and family) locked her out of James Brown's house. She is clearly a low-life runabout., with no where to live. A female Kato Kailen looking for any opportunity. It's clear that Larry King is being polite but doesn't believe a word she's spitting.

How much you wanna bet that the CNN interview is the 1st of many to come.

Dumb B*tch.

Phyllis Justus

I am a 65 year old James Brown fan of many years. I was very upset over his passing. I wanted to witness his funeral and now wish I hadn't. Al Sharpton and others turned it into a publicity farce. His contribution to music was legend, He should have been buried with dignity, instead of being put on display like a mannequin with 3 changes of clothe and the other junk. His private life should have been dealt with as it was, PRIVATE. So Long, James. I hope you rest in Peace, if they don't dig you up for more publicity and money-making schemes.

Soulfull

It's unfortunate that folks are wasting their hard earned money, when they can visit one of my blog and get BOTH programs FOR FREE. Check it out HERE.

God Bless The Godfather Of Soul

Soulfull

Okay, it appears that my first comment doesn't have the link, so just click my name and it will take you to the James Brown Programs.... R.I.P James Brown!

POOPER SCOOPER

I am so glad James Brown is dead!!! What a wonderful Christmas present for me...

lana sunshine

I think the ultimate responsibility lies with the friends and family or outsider who gained access and is basicly pawning in a piece of hiss legacy. tMZ is just the place they decided to advertize on Dah!

More importantly it does show his enormous impact on society and culture. The othe day i was doing my radio show and I was really feeling the track playing and then the boards started lighting up. I felt the energy and i said....."Who its getting hot in here, bring me my lace hanky so i can pat down. i 'm sweating like james brown!" This was a few days before his passing. The mere factthat i thought of him as a euphemism for the hotness or for the enormous effort pouring down his temples. the cape and the patting down of energy in the form of pure sweat. what a cultural icon. I am two generations removed from his heydey, what staying power.The Godfather James Brown

Catch the Princess of Internet Radio LANA SUNSHINE on www.fonyeradio.com
or www.thesocialyfe.com email SUNSHINE at sunshine@lanasunshine.com

lana sunshine

Catch the Princess of Internet Radio LANA SUNSHINE on www.fonyeradio.com
or www.thesociallyfe.com email SUNSHINE at sunshine@lanasunshine.com

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments