Orange Crushed -- FOX Cancels "The OC"

1/3/2007 8:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Like you didn't see this one coming down the 405?

After killing off their most famous character, turning Summer into a hippie, and forcing Ryan to fight just about everybody who looked at him the wrong way, the folks behind "The OC" have finally thrown in the beach towel.

"This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close," said Josh Schwartz, the show's creator and executive producer. According to FOX, on February 22 the struggling series will ride off into the California sunset one last time.

"The OC" was an overnight sensation when it first debuted in 2003. But darker plotlines led to a departure from what the show did best -- lighthearted comedy mixed with teen angst -- culminating in the death of Mischa Barton's character last season, and now the death of the series.

The Time Is Near

Good the show sucked anyway

Eddie Mazz (Brooklyn NY)

Yea!!!! It's about time!!!

Melissa

This is terribly sad news!!! I've been a devout "OC" fan from the beginning, and was actually happy when the talentless Mischa left the show. I hope Josh Schwartz does something new in the future. Oh, and I love you, Adam Brody.

Tiffany

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! i'm so sad. i thought the show was lame at first, but i got into it and i'm so sad. but thanks for the post. it's good to know.

maya

Isn't that the show which featured the talentless Kevin Conolly???

If so, I;m so sad. NOT!

That's what he gets for cheating around on Nicky Hilton. Every dog has his day!

Whatever

Good. The show sucked.

Whatever

Ever since they killed of Marsia everyone knew the show was soon to tank.

Whatever

And number 2 brings up a very good point.

luvbny

oh no! that is one of my favorite shows! i am still wishing that 90210 would come back! but i do agree that there first mistake was to kill marisa off, that was the biggest mistake ever! shoot!

Alex

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
This season is my favorite. How?! How?!
Noooo!

ezze

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sheldon

I HATE FOX, THEY ARE THE MOST USELESS NETWORK OUT THERE!! I HOPE THEIR STUDIOS BURN DOWN AND PETER LIGOURI GETS FIRED!!

THE OC DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE CANCELLED... THE OC 4EVER!!!!!!

Jennifer R

I am actually bummed the show is cancelled! I am 37 & my husband is 39. We laugh that we religiously watch the show. I was just saying how much better the show is since Mischa's character left the show. I though they did a great not cheesy transition into post Mischa life in the OC. She was a skinny, winey & annoying character. Then again, I loved the show Reunion & they cancelled that after I got ropped in. After they cancelled that I promised I would never watch any new Fox shows. They don't like the older viewers anyway! Guess I have to stick with the other networks!

steamurface

Woah... .... after all those months, now OC is finally over!!!! YES!!!!!!! its time that my friends would stop bothering me! god! Never watched it before but i thought I watched one episode where a guy started to make a birdhouse with his friends and i was like "what kind of sh*t is this?".

Marquis

Normally i'd be happy this trainwreck is over. Problem is, I was pulling for the show to make Mischa wtfever eat her own words. People said she was horrible to work with, but unfortunately, she gets the last laugh.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments