Jive Stands Behind Britney

1/5/2007 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears & Jive Records logoObviously, Britney Spears hasn't had the best run of publicity lately. Even though she (or whoever wrote the "mea culpa" on her website) might think the media has been unfair to her -- there's no shortage of people who agree she's been on a downward spiral. Indeed, some fans seem to be jumping ship from the USS Britney -- and reports claim that no PR flacks will work for her since her most recent publicist went overboard.

There are some folks sticking with Brit: her record label. Despite reports circulating to the contrary, a rep for Jive Records tells TMZ that there are no plans to drop Britney from the label, saying, "Jive's relationship with Britney is just fine. She continues to be one of our biggest worldwide artists and we remain 1,000 percent committed to her career."

No doubt Brit's latest web missive, which includes her expressed desire to finish her record, is meant not only to reassure her fans, but is likely an attempt to assuage any possible doubts at Jive about her commitment to restart her career. I have no doubt that when the new stuff hits the stores, she'll still be able to move some units. However, there is no word on when the record will actually see the light of day. Until then, we'll just have to keep our pants on ... now if only Britney will do the same!

Bebe

WHY IS HER MOUTH ALWAYS OPEN?

amy

You sure don't like Britney do you, TMZ??

susie

I wondered about the mouth thing too. WTF.. And her stupid tongue out.. ugh

Freelols.com

Jive should drop Britney Spears the way she dropped her baby.

And Britney should then follow her true calling: becoming a female mud wrestler.

Freelols.com

Hopefully the album will not be filled with more "a-la-la-la-la-la a-la-la-la-la-la."

bunny

TMZ IS OBESS W/BRITNEY. I AM TIRED OF READING STORY ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS OR PARITS HILTON.

PEOPLE SURE DO HATE BRITNEY

I WONDER HOW HER COMEBACK IS GONNA BE? MMMMM........

ReadThisBrittany

Britany please read this:

IT AIN'T THE MEDIA THAT'S RUINED YOUR CAREER,

IT'S YOU.

Now go be a parent.

Correcting Your Mistakes

Larry Rudolph is playing Reigndeer games and it is going to bite him in the ass. He will not be remembered as the marketing genius who brought her to glory in 2000 but the marketing loser who couldn't pull her out of the tailspin.

Give it up, Larry. Invest your time on fresh meat instead of this used up cow. Your reputation depends on it.

And by the way, nobody's buying it. Her dwindling low IQ core fanbase might for a while more but nobody else is. Wise up and walk away.

p1tey1

This is going to be a long......................hard...............................fall......................

Goodbye Britney...............................................

Soph

If Jive will keep Whitney Houston, then Britney should be just fine. And as for the mouth open, I don't get that either ... Jessica Simpson and Britney BOTH do it too much ... it is like that ferret grin/laugh that Katie Homes and Tom Cruise always do ... too exagerated and ENOUGH of it.

Sand In My Crack

Don't want to watch...can't look away... it's sad to see someone crash and burn like this, but what really entertains me is the screw up and rationalize syndrome. When this chick finally comes out of her drug and alcohol induced coma will anyone really give a rat's ass??

Cory Roberson

Of course they'll stand by her. She still is a huge artist, who gets worldwide attention. Besides they don't know how her comeback will end up. It would be premature to get rid of her before she lauches a comeback. If she sells 1 million copies or less (netting around the production costs for a huge artist with heavy promotion) for her comeback album they may consider dumping her, but she may end up selling 3+ million copies, which would make it worth there while to keep her. As it is right now, she's still an asset to the company.

She just better come out with some catchy music and all this stuff she's doing now to ruin her career will be forgotten. It only takes one strong hit single for her to get back in the groove of superstardom, without it she's becomes a washed-up media circus, but worse than she is now.

Sam

I can't believe anyone would fall for Britneys fake, bullsh*t apology. She is so full of it. If she's so sorry then why did she behave like a total skank in the first place.
When I seperated from my husband I didn't go around flashing my bits and partying like a mad thing, I stayed at home and took care of my kids EVERYDAY AND NIGHT BRITNEY ,YOU MOLE!
she's just an immature little bitch who needs to be ignored I hope her career is over for good but i'm sure people will believe her crap the stupid little f***ed up c**t sknk! F*** OFF BRITNEY YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU COW!

Get Rid of Hollywoods Crack Whores NOW

Britney is DONE...... I think people are over the trailer trashness that she is bringing. If she was to make a new album i doubt it will be hot

Lindsay Lohan is drinking again according to Perezhilton.com

That is no big shocker,

Why can Lindsay, Paris, Jessica, & britney take a bus ride off a cliff.......
Please jesus, end my annoyance at these sluts!!!!!!!!

chena

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF SEEING BRITTANY SPEARS ON TMZ
E-V-E-R-Y SINGLE DAY. I HATE HER. I HATE HER. I HATE HER. I HATE HER.

DOESN'T SHE ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER WEBSITE OR