Jay-Z Accused of

'Faux Fur' Fraud

1/16/2007 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_jayz_fur-2He had 99 problems, now Jay-Z has one more.

A jacket from Jigga's clothing line, Rocawear, allegedly has dog fur in its collar, even though it's advertised as having fake fur. According to an investigation by The Humane Society of the United States, the Hunter jacket on Rocawear.com contains real fur from a raccoon dog, a dog indigenous to Asia that The Humane Society claims are skinned alive for the coats, hence the uproar.

As of today, the $265 coat was still a "featured" item on the Rocawear website. Late last year, a similar investigation found that raccoon dog fur was being used in a coat in rap mogul P. Diddy's "Sean John" collection; that item was removed from stores within a few days.

Reps for Jay-Z and Rocawear could not immediately be reached for comment. The Humane Society said that it informed the company of the issue a week ago, but that they've taken no action.

UPDATE:
In a statement to TMZ, a spokesperson from Rocawear says, "We were not aware that our product included raccoon dog materials. We have immediately instructed all manufacturers and licensees that no product can be produced using this fur. In addition, we have removed those items from our website."

Seriously

I'd like to see the celebrities with their own clothing lines skinned alive.

Mrs M Shadows

Jay Z is a bitch. There is seriously no other word for the heartless bastard. Will someone please rid the world of this ugly, talentless man? Oh and take his heartless trashy, also talentless girlfriend with him.

Whatever

I bet if the celebs had to do the dirty work and skin the animals alive themselves they wouldn't be wearing fur.

We, are not amused.

Peter Coffin #10:
I've been to your blog/website. Sorry for you my hardhearted friend. Torturing your cat and posting it on the internet is not that funny; here's an idea, why don't you show us all a video of you, or your GF doing some cuttings. Now that would be way cool!
>me smiling, really big!!<
I hope this has made your day, me giving you some negative attention. I won't bother to call you any names, you and the whole world know what a way cool dude you are!
God bless you, live long and prosper, or whatever it is people like you say to each other!

Whatever

I agree with #15 you have to be heartless to wear fur knowing what they do to get it. Someone should skin his ugly ass alive!

Whatever

Number #17 human beings have always been at war with each other since the dawn of time. Don't use that as an excuse not to care about innocent animals sufffering.

;)

that's bullsh*t! Has he ever seen footage of how they kill those dogs! If he hasn't it's the sickest and most inhumane thing you will ever see. If he has f*** him and what he stands for!

He should know where his fur comes from! Because fake it is not! Take f***ing responsiblity for your lack of action!

;)

honey #8 you are obviously too young or too stupid to know that your words are crap!

;)

#17 I have more sympathy towards a being that cannot defend itself.

I HAVE VERY LITTLE SYMPATHY FOR A PERSON THAT VOLUNTEERS TO FIGHT AND DIE.

SOLIDERS HAVE A CHOICE WHETHER THEY SIGN UP AND LINE UP TO BE KILLED, THESE ANIMALS DON'T

AND I DO CARE!

Rah-Rah

He's got one big honker on his face! Damn he's ugly!

Reswob

# 12 Not a tree hugger, just another humanoid---- Thanks for that info...I cannot believe what I saw on that video...

Usually I dont think about how things get to market...stupid on my part.... #17 and the others saying who cares.... Well you will care once your ass is burning in hell with the people that are abusing those dogs....

I am not laughing now but will be when you are being turtored in hell as those dogs are in that video....

Meatetarian

If you don't believe fur should be used in clothing, don't buy it, dogooders.
BTW, that is only your OPINION. I hope he sells hundreds of them.

Mind your own business, animal rights fanatics! Quit trying to force your
personal beliefs on the rest of us.

Ann

What is up with people still wearing fur? Are these people still living in caves trying to invent the wheel? Gross!!!

JJ

What's wrong with dog fur? If it is good enough to keep dogs warm then it will certainly do the job for Jay Z! I don't see what the problem is.

Cranky Pants

#17 you're obviously an ignorant spoon-fed hannitized lazy-eyed trailer park dwelling MORON if you STILL believe our soldiers are fighting for our freedom. Don't twist my words and tell me I don't support the soldiers my FAMILY members are over there dying for Bush's lies. And beliving we shouldn't care about asshats wearing the pelts of innocent animals because we're at war is the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard....just like the rest of the sheep you probably think abortion is wrong but killing innocent people and sending our young men to the meat grinder that is Iraq is a righteous thing. Do us ALL a favor and stfu.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments