"Hey Paula" -- You Stole My Show!

2/6/2007 6:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulTMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed against Paula Abdul by a production company claiming the "Idol" judge tried to screw them out of a show based on Paula's life.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Pilgrim Films and Television (PFTV) met with Abdul and David Russo (her producing partner) in 2004 and discussed a talk show featuring Abdul. According to the suit, after some false starts, the concept evolved into a reality show titled "Hey Paula," based on Abdul's wacky life.

The lawsuit alleges that the project fell apart after Abdul demanded final editorial control over the final product. The suit claims PFTV was trying to get the show back on track by selling it to Oxygen. But PFTV claims Abdul allegedly came clean and told the peeps at PFTV that "she had secretly taken PFTV's 'Hey Paula' project ... to Bravo." The suit claims she never mentioned that Russo was allegedly in on it. On January 12, Bravo announced "Hey Paula" will debut sometime this year on the cable network.

The suit asks for compensatory and punitive damages, in addition to an injunction prohibiting anyone from airing "Hey Paula."

David Russo's lawyer, Bill Abrams, told TMZ, "The allegations are baseless."

Paula told TMZ, "While I'm not going to respond to this baseless lawsuit, I will say that "Hey Paula" is based upon my life and my ideas. Last I heard, I still own my own life."

Mike

Hey Paula, If your sober enough to remember this, Get off American Idol, you are getting as bad as Simple Simon. He needs to be deported. All your show is doind is teaching BAD MANNERS.

tray

What I think is funny....I bet everyone who posted (no matter what they wrote) will be watching the show....
LOL

So....

Dinee

Paula? Your so lost and it shows in your face. Time to get some serious help sweetie..... You are NO longer humble. Time to find that humble-ness!!!! Until then, Your on a fast roller coaster getting ready to jump the track.

dingalinge

Walk a mile in her shoes and see if you can still stand up!!!!

Henry Ward

Dated: 07 February 2007: More established irrefutable and undeniable proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the men in this country wish to maintain a monopoly over Big Business and Intellectual Brains that Paula definitely possessess in spades! Beautiful and intelligent women in this country like Paula Abdul makes these narrow shouldered bald headed goofburgers appear just what they are, brainless idiots! I for one applaud this very beautiful and amazingly intelligent woman who has more guts and brains than do most so termed businessmen now here in Ameria! Go Paula...Star Reporter for CJO News Media International at (561) 848-9998....... Let me comment on the lawsuit against her? She maybe should have made herself judgment proof as I have! I have defeated every lawyer and judge that I have encountered since 1938 and I have never spent one day in law school! I have discovered that lawyers have "NO" professional credentials at all of any kind! "NO" state issued professional business license to even be engaged in the practice of law in the first place! They have "NO" {Oaths of Office} which would force them to be somewhat honest and protect the Rights, Freedoms and Freedoms of their cleintsas is guaranteed in the U. S. Constitution! "NO" lawyer in America pays into the state treasury his or her professional license fee tax! The lawyers are all weak shouldered Goons and all that they do in {THEIR} courts is put on a {Dog and Pony Show} for their idiot clients! And people actually pay for this entertainment? Come on Paula, lets you and I kick their sissified {GIRLIEMAN} cowardly butts into kingdom come! Henry Ward-Star Reporter and Litigator for CJO News Media International at lowiq47@aol.com ...........An example of that is when the Saratoga County, New York Mark M. Rider and his wife Mary Ellen Rider of 9 Heritage Place in Ballston Spa, New York 12020 mistakenly and stupidly sued me in Index No. 2004-1990 and filed this lawsuit with the Saratoga County Court Clerk's Office, 40 McMaster Street, Ballston Spa, New York 12020! That was back in 2004, each of these degenerate crooks stole tens of thousands of dollars from the Saratoga County, New York Treasury and hired law firms both in New York and in Florida, all being paid out of "Public Fuinds"--Taxpayers money! Then a couple of months ago, Mark Ml. Rider wrote a letter of surrender to New York Supreme Court Justice Richard Thomas Aulisi of Fulton County, New York 12095 and told him that he could not defeat me and even if he did he would get absolutely nothing from the judgment! Think now, it took this low life crook years for him to finally determine that he could not defeat me and that there was "NO" gold at the end of the rainbow! Paula, render yourself {JUDGMENT PROOF} like I have done myself and watch these monkeys sweat lead washers that sued you! Thank you all and WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!

Henry Ward

charles L.mstrong

Hey Folks,
I kind of understand where you are coming from when it comes to Paula's
trials and tribulations,at the present time her life seems to be one stumble after
another,That being said I don't think any of warm blooded American male would
kick Paula out of the bed. Know what I mean.

The One and Only
Charles L. Armstrong

Leave Paula Alone

So what if the gal likes to drink, take pills, or whatever?? Just because she is a judge on American Idol doesn't mean she has to act like Mother Teresa. People need to get a life. Leave Paula alone. I don't care for her music but she is basically a nice lady

Sandy

Taylor Hicks is just a stuck-up hick with absolutely NO talent. He jumps around like a fool on stage and can't sing either. If you've noticed, a lot of the runners up are better than the winner. Look at Rubin and Fantasia. They won but aren't doing as well as the second place people. Tnank goodness I don't hear them on the radio!

nancy

If you think that you are perfect go ahead and sling. Leave Paula alone.

Bill

You go Paula! I'm offering to marry you right now and take you away from all of these confused, evil people.
Someone help me find Delilah. She got out and I can't find her.

Shawn

Paula has the express right to do a reality show on her life if she so wishes. Some of the hateful comments should be disregarded as mere bitterness, perhaps they are former contestants who did not rec their 2 mins of fame while not passing the judging process. All of that should be set aside, this is a woman who has a long carrer in the dog eat dog world of show business and she has endured. She should be applauded for all of her efforts and I would think it would also be her right to decide on which company or producers she deems necessary. Yes it is her life and before writing derogatory comments again consider the fact that Paula out of the other judges does her best to be fair and impartial and consider ones feelings during the auditions. I do not think it would be easy auditioning approx 4 thousand people for days in a row. Yet to me she does it with class and finesse. That means with dignity delicacy and skillful style of handling a situation, a refinement and skill most of you as of yet have not acquired.

dance on thez

I THINK ALL OF YOU ARE LLLOOSER,PAULA IS GREAT I LEARN ALL MY DANCE MOVES FROM HER AND HER SEX APPEARL YEARS AGO SO NOW DANCE ON THIS

Paulina

I am in total agreement that there are soooo many jealous people out there! Why? Make your own way...like Paula is doing, good, bad, drugged what ever....who are we to judge her???
Get on with your own life and LEAVE...Paula..... a very nice lady alone!!!! Get over it and try a little kindness... Now that would be a stretch would it?

Ken

Paula's a legend in her own mind, "give her a double" and leave her alone!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments