Mexican Court -- "Dog" Must Stand Trial

2/16/2007 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of A&E's "Dog the Bounty Hunter," may have to return to Mexico to stand trial for deprivation of liberty, reports the AP, after a Mexican court ruled today that he should be extradited. The charge stems from Chapman's capture of convicted serial rapist Andrew Luster in Puerto Vallarta in 2003.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," said Dog and wife Beth Chapman on AETV.com. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time." No further details were available.

In 2003, Mexican authorities had arrested Chapman and his associates for unlawful deprivation of liberty and released him on bail. Last September, Chapman was arrested by U.S. Marshals and again released on bail.

Renegade

I probably should not comment but feel compelled…..if you want to stick to the issue just stay with the facts….Is Duane a hero for capturing Luster….lets stay with the facts it is not Duane that found Luster, a couple vacationing in Mexico found him and notified the FBI and searched the web finding Duane’s web site that had Luster’s picture on it as a wanted criminal. When FBI got the tip they began working on it the LEGAL way. Do you think Duane acted as someone that was not motivated by money and fame? He assembled a camera crew and acted on the tip without legal authority. He and his camera crew went to Mexico and captured Luster, there was a big fight and he got caught trying to smuggle Luster out of the country. After it was over Duane petitioned the court for a reward out of his cash bail money. Sound like a hero out for the sake of mankind or someone who was driven by money and an attempt at gaining fame. This was all before he had his TV show.

The fact that Luster is be hind bars is great and that is where he should be….but we have to be careful….does him going about it the wrong way make it better, should we call Ellie Nesler a hero for walking in a court room and killing the man that molested her son…Though all of us would like to do that at one time or another the fact is that we would have to go back to a society with no laws and live in total anarchy……….

Luster was on cash bail which means there is no money to return…..there is no authority to bounty hunt…..as far as the reward money if any should go to the couple that found him and gave the tip that let to his arrest like all rewards do….like the judge said to Duane when he requested part of the cash bail money….”The capture of luster was great, we cannot condone vigilante justice…..”

Do I have a right to type on a computer…..YES, do I capture fugitives every day to make my living….YES, have I had my own TV show….YES, am I currently filming new shows with a major network…..YES…..do I know what I am talking about……YES

I have no hard feelings toward Duane, it was just his inexperience and attempt to gain quick fame that landed him in this legal mess…….When he got the tip, he could have assembled his camera crew, contacting the U.S. Embassy in Mexico having all the right paperwork done, met with the American FBI legat in Mexico taken him by the hand and pointed to Luster. Luster would be taken into custody and returned to the US instantly….Duane would then be on every talk show in the country and got all the fame he could ask for. But, his inexperience and arrogance got in the way……ask the other seven American citizens currently spending years in Mexican prisons guilty of the same offence. I have worked in many country’s and if you play by the rules you can truly accomplish putting the fugitives away.

It is hard to stand behind a “TV hero” that brags to the viewers about turning his life around. Yells at his captures to do the right thing and go to court, stand up and face your punishment, if you have done something wrong just face the music and get it behind you….all the while HE HIMSELF WAS ARRESTED, BAILED OUT, FAILED TO APPEAR IN COURT, JUMPED BAIL, FLED THE COUNTRY AND HAS BEEN ON THE RUN HIMSELF……………Hmmmm, just the FACTS.

A Mom and a Grandmom

Dog Chapman was doing his job, he got a rapist off the streets.The Us couldn't find him, so a Bounty Hunter gets paid to bring fugitives to justice.And he did..Why kick him when hes down, people? Pray he gets a fair shake at this.Its all political.

HOLLY

To Renegade, thaks for the facts...Now maybe all of us can get a bigger, better picture of what went on. Although, I still feel that Dog is a hero. You may think he is all about money, driven for fame, and out only for himself. I realize that yes he was arrested, bailed out, left the country of Mexico, Etc. And no, taking someone's life in a courtroom because Nesler's son was molested ..does not make her a hero. Let's face the facts this is two sets of totally different circumstances here. Muder compared to hauling some lowlife to jail. It IS all about politics when it comes down to it,, unfortunately. And sure he could of done it all the right way..text book style..by contacting the US Embassy in Mexico, the FBI. But WHAT IF he did all this and then it was too late? What then? Luster would still be on the streets, raping and sodomizing women, maybe even killing one of them(if he already has not). I am just relieved he is off the streets. Sure, maybe Dog should not of went the way he did to get his fugitive, but the end result was both positive(Luster is put away), and negative( the Chapmans are in serious trouble). And Dog is not just a TV hero, he's a true american hero, as any one who goes to work each and everyday to put his/her life on the line. Just so we all can be safe. Some times you have to weigh the risks/consequences with your actions ..even if the outcome may be not so desireable. I would brag to the camera too about turning my life aroud, if I had went through the thing that he did in the past. People DO become proud of themselves for things like that. I'm glad Renegade felt compelled to comment. Even though it does sound like he is bashing them a bit. We are all human though, and we all make mistakes, that is how we learn...from our mistakes. Let's just hope Dog, and his family will be around in the future to continue to keep us safe. STILL SUPPORTING DOG! Holly

Rachel

yeah i want to know where to sign the petition too. we shouldn't do a FU&KING thing for mexico and I guarantee you 99.9% of the population agrees with us.

Rosemary Samaniego

HEY DOG MY PRAYERS ALL WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. IT IS BULL SH*T WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO TO YOU. BUT KEEP THE FAITH AND KNOW THAT EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT AT THE END. I WILL PRAY THAT EVEN IF U STAND TRIAL THAT YOU WILL NOT BE FOUND GUILTY.

Sarah

Mexico can f*** off ! They are trying to put someone in jail who help keep the american safe ! They need to be more worryed about boarder contral,and the drug that are killing are kids everyday!!!! Get your mind right mexico!! Good Luck Dog and Family ! Keep your heads up!!!

Sarah

GOOD LUCK DOG AND FAMILY !!!!! WE KNOW AS FANS THAT YOU WILL FIGHT THESE BASTERS ! YOU ARE IN ARE PRAYERS ! KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP!
~*~SARAH~*~ HOUSTON,TX

Great Grandma Angie

We love you and are praying for you Dog. You are a wonderful person. God bless you and your family.

Only in

Hmm.. see i can't wait to get at the dog. Ahh.. carumba I like american submissives. Were gonna have a big taco party when he arrives Ahhh.. Carumba,we waiting for you dog

U Know Who

So lemme get this straight-

A CONVICTED ACESSORY TO MURDER

EX-RACIST MOTORCYCLE GANG

OBVIOUS SPEED FREAK

Gets a "reality" show "catching" PEOPLE HE FREED FROM JAIL TO BEGIN WITH. (on an island with ONLY 800K people but that's another story).

ILLEGALLY "Captures" Luster - When the FBI knew EXACTLY where to find him (They just chose to FOLLOW the law)

And you cry whine cheer "pray" for the douche?

BUT THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT ------> CAPTURES AND KILLS ONE OF THE WORLDS WORST DESPOTS OF ALL TIME -----SADDAM KILLED AN ESTIMATED 2 MILLION HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!!!!! WANNA TALK RAPE SADDAM GAVE HIS SONS FREE REIGN TO RAPE ANY WOMAN IN THE COUNTRY....2MILLION PEOPLE!! DEAD!!

And you all hate his guts, want to impeach him bla bla bla.

Your lives and your priorities are so fucked over it's actually not even SLIGHTLY amusing.

None of you will respond to this, you will continue to live your fake lives pretending to care about something.....

somebody's mama

112 Some Dude
How do you know that some of these people also support our president? I agree, the treatment of women in the middle east is horrible, and that Saddam and his sons needed to be punished. However, Iraq cost us a lot of American lives, and I think that that's what people have a problem with.

To be honest one of the reasons that I'm upset that the Dog is being punished is that it may encourage more rapist and other assholes to run to Mexico, where justice will never be served. He was just doing his job, and yeah, he has a past, but I also believe that God does his best work with those who have screwed up.

MrFishy

This PuP must've been aware that he was breaking the law, and chose to carry on. Granted, Luster's a piece of crap who needed to be gotten off the streets, but ya gotta obey other countries laws. I'm pretty sure Mexico just wants to rape his bank accounts. I mean, what would they want another slimy desperado in their jails for? Then again, Dwayne could probably use a break from Beth. Why do they find it necessary to dress like "superheroes" when they're simply skip-tracers? I love to watch Dog turn and run away from the action when things get the least bit "real" on the show. What a strange success story!

U Know Who

"He was just doing his job" - Somebodys mama said this.

And this is what you people FAIL TO REALIZE --NO HE WAS NOT JUST DOING HIS JOB----HIS JOB REQUIRES HIM TO FOLLOW CERTAIN RULES AND REGULATIONS. One of those rules would be the one about NOT breaking the laws of other countries while after a bounty. He "SHOULD" have ANY and ALL licensing he has, revoked for this BLATANT slap in the face to the rules of his CHOSEN profession.

LAWS RULES AND REGULATIONS WHICH HE ------CHOSE------TO IGNORE.

HE BROKE THE FUCKING LAW -----PERIOD-----HE DID IT ------PURELY FOR FAME----DONT KID YOURSELVES AND ACT LIKE HE DID IT FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. He needs to follow his own tough guy advice and "DO THE TIME".

HE DID IT PURELY 110% FOR FAME---That's WHY he did it HOW he did it with the rush film crew etc...TO GET FAMOUS. Welp it worked and now he can go be the most famous bottom in Mexican prison.

I wonder how many CRACK DEALERS go to court and say " I was just doing my job...". I shouldn't go to jail for selling crack..that's my job!

somebody's mama

Some how I don't make the connection. People who sell crack hurt others, Dog got a scumbag off the street. If he did it to get famous, so what? There are people that degrade others to make a profit/get famous or do stupid stuff. Most people that have gone to Mexico or are from there know that there's no law there, unless somebody wants money. Bottom line, he saved somebody's daughter or sister, and I personally don't give a crap why. Maybe you don't get that because you're "some dude", and you've never meet or been hurt in the way Andrew Luster hurt people, maybe you don't have a little girl to worry about. I wish that the molesters and rapist would get the death sentence. Yes, I know he didn't do it for my little girl, but I still rest a tiny bit easier knowing one less jerk off is in jail.

Rachel

Well some dude is wrong on 2 points

1- i support President Bush and
2- i answered his moronic post

Dog is a hero, give him a medal. He's never tried to sugarcoat his past. And ONLY 800,000 people??? Your point would be....
Sounds like alot of people to me jackass. (And somedude is probably Joe Kerr, just doesn't want to give his real name because someone made fun of his small willie!!!!!)