Simon: "I'm Not Indulgent" -- Oh, Really?

2/22/2007 3:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

On "American Idol" last night, Simon remarked how he "wasn't indulgent." What do you call driving around in a $150,000 car? Practical?

Talent judge Simon Cowell took girlfriend Terri Seymour out for a spin in a brand new Ferrari yesterday afternoon in Beverly Hills. On last night's "Idol," Simon called hopeful Nicole Tranquillo "self-indulgent," and Ryan Seacrest shot back, "That's the pot calling the kettle black."

"I'm not indulgent," sniffed Cowell, to the sneers of Randy and Paula. Results tonight.

Pappa

likeicare

Simon makes that show...the fact that he is a dickhead doesn't really matter.

Lynn

I agree -- Simon certainly helps make the show. If I had his money, I'd have a nice car, too and that doesn't make me self-indulgent. Look...he's even sharing the car with his girlfriend.

Raquel

I am so frustrated with the ignorance of those constantly criticizing Simon for his honesty and uncanny ability to articulate truths about the contestants on Idol. Simon was calling the contestant "indulgent" for her stepping out of her vocal and performance ability and being cocky about performing a Celine Dion song without delivering. She did hit a bad note and Simon just has a better ear than Randy and Paula. We played it back on our DVR and there it was, a bad note right in the middle of the high note in the song. The English have a bit of a spin on the way they use words and our ignorance and blinders make us constantly misunderstand his intentions.

brian scott miller

Oooh, so that's what indulgent means..... Then, yes, I am very indulgent indeed.

Brandon

$150k is really that much when u r worth millions. He prob makes more than that every year in interest alone. Considering that there r cars out there worth over a million that he could afford to buy he;s actually showing restraint. Its not like it's an Enzo or anything.

Brandon

$150k isn't really that much when u r worth millions. He prob makes more than that every year in interest alone. Considering that there r cars out there worth over a million that he could afford to buy he;s actually showing restraint. Its not like it's an Enzo or anything.

Rita

So, Simon is worth millions and drives a $150K car. So what!!
I think Seacrest is full of himself and his importance on Idol

DANIEL SMITH

SO WHAT!!! HE CAN AND SHOULD BE INDULGENT, AFTERALL HE IS AMERICAN IDOL!!!! GOOD LORD TMZ.....

Tanya

He can buy what he likes. He's earned it. He makes the show.

Whatever

Simon was telling the girl she was indulgent because she was acting like she was the shit. Her voice was not that great. Little ryan seacrap wouldn't know talent from a pile of dirty underwear. I agree with #7 with a Simon's wealth what he spent on the car is noithing.

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

SIMON IS A "HIGH" MAINTANCE PERSON ............

HE HAS SEVERAL "MILLION DOLLAR " HOMES

THIS ISNT NOTHING . I HAVE NOTICED ONE THING

ABOUT HIM .........HE REMINDS ME OF A "SELFISH" PERSON

IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM ( SIMON ) .

MissNYC

I love and admire Simon for his honesty. In a world and industry filled with fake people, it's refreshing that someone says what they actually think. And if he's indulgent, good for him, if I had his money, I'd be too. Who wouldn't?

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

#1 ..............THAT WEBSITE , YOU'RE THERE , HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIMON .........

Whatever

Seacrest should be fired from the show. He is such a little bitch! He totally misunderstood Simon's use of the word indulgent. At least Simon tells these wanna-be's the truth and is not worried about having everyone like him like that hack "host".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments