Eddie Van Halen Checks Into Rehab

3/8/2007 7:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Van HalenThe long awaited Van Halen reunion tour will be even longer-awaited -- Eddie Van Halen has checked himself into alcohol-related rehab.

In a statement to TMZ, the rock legend explains why he's determined to clean up his act:

I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen.

I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I'm doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart.

Love,
Ed

Eddie was scheduled to join the rest of his bandmates at the Rock and Roll induction ceremony in New York on Monday, where Van Halen will be enshrined. But unlike Lindsay and Britney, Eddie will not be leaving rehab for field trips.

He's Boring now

Thanks Be To God.

Long overdue. should have gone in back when Aerosmith gang did. Would have saved yourself, those you love, and those you play with a lot of nonsense. Hope you do it man and hope you come out even more creative and alive than you have been in like going on 2 decades.

susie

Eddie.. I have known you since High School. Not much has changed. Wishing you the best! You can over come this.

TROLL SMASHERS

might as well JUMP!!! go ahead and JUMP!!!

It needs to besaid

why do people always say they can give 110%? That's mathamatically impossible.

???

I thought he was dead already.

Lynn

Soooooooooooooooooooo are any VH members going to be at the HOF inductions?

tba

For God's sake, what took you so long? I sure the wreckage has piled up so much that there was no other way out.

Diana

Is it just me or does it look like he's smoking the cigarette butt and ash? That is commitment to getting a job done right there. Good luck, buddy!

Quiet

DAM .. he was my first concert in 1985 when I was in highschool. I really want to take my young man son to at least one of their concerts. Get better Eddie. You are a Guitar Legend and will go down in history as one, especially after 3 ,going on 4 decades! you still rock in my books.

Stephanie

I think it is a good thing that he is going into rehab.

What is up with the picture though? Time has certainly not been on his side!

olivias

Been a fan for ages....good luck, blessings to you and can't wait to see Van Halen when you guys are ready!

He's Boring now

While you're at it, lose the smokes man. You being a Cancer survivor should know the smokes will kill you sooner than the booze might. Get re addicted to making music not drugs, booze and nicotine. Clears the mind than the body follows.

U.S.C.

He is still hot. Good luck my man........

likeicare

Hey haters...perhaps that is an old picture of eddie and maybe he doesn't smoke anymore. Some of you folks are so freaking stupid. Let him get rid of his vice in peace. He IS a cancer survivor and is a killer guitar legend. Camel Face you sound like a real Einstein.

Southern California Gal...

Now he wont be "Runnin With The Devil"

Lets get this act cleaned up Ed cause we need Van Halen on the road once again...
I was a teenie bopper in the 70s when you all first hooked up and without you and Diamond Dave you both just arent Van Halen...

Man! Bring it on GUYS....!!

I wanna hear some old tunes again...
"Women In Love"

All those other songs made you guys what you are...

Forget Sammy Hagar he will never be like the old group...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments