Zarf Is Must See TV

3/9/2007 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Housewives across the country got a little lesson in transgenderism on Friday's episode of "All My Children."

Zarf
The soap furthered the storyline of transgendered lesbian character Zarf/Zoe's quest to transition from male to female. On today's educational and partially unscripted episode, Zarf, played by male actor Jeffrey Carlson, ventured to a support group where he encountered trans persons, played by genuine transgendered actors in various stages of undergoing the change. Janice Dickinson must have been unavailable, but a Sandra Oh lookalike was!

For a brief moment, the ABC soap diverged from their laughable Satin Slayer storyline to expose audiences to more diverse characters in a positive light. Let's hope this noble effort doesn't turn into the serial's killer, or kill the serial.

L.S

what is happening to the soaps??? first susan lucci gets a emmy now this holy shit all my children

Jesus Loves You

Amen # 7!!!

Donna

Your life must be very boring #12 to think is crap is good TV

Reine

He seems so weird at the beginning but now I really like him. A few yrs back, there was a guy who was going through this operation & I did feel sorry for him because he was laughed at & some wouldn't even talk to him. He did not work on my team but a did work on his team several times & I thought they were being cruel. I figured he was going through his own hell & why add to it. AMC is educating viewers on this issue & I welcome it.

bht94

just and FYI, Trangendered individuals are not always Gay and vice versa, watch the story line, listen to to words, no where and at no time has Zarf say he was gay, what he has said is that he is a woman trapped in a man's body

as for the comments about looks, Zoe will not get a softer look untll the hormones kick in.

It is a great educational story line, and very on the mark

Me

it was a good show today. jeffrey carlson is a good actor. at least this storyline is better then that stupid satin slayer storyline

The Man

it means that some ahole thinks that being gay is bad.

E.J.

reading stories like this on tmz doesn't make me more sensitive to the trans-gendered than i already am, but it does make the idea of chopping off my penis sound like more fun.

Only in

Civil Rights??What country are you living in?? Transgender have rights? Is that male of female rights?? YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS! The little rights that you do have are being investigated right now at state and local goverments. Your just spinning your wheels.My suggestion to you to, bring yourself up to speed and watch Fox news,this will give you a better view of whats going on in the world.

lisa mae magillacuddy

Re: #26. Also, what these people don't even realize. Trannies are not attracted to gay men and gay men are not attracted to trannies!! All trannies are doing is conforming the external body with their mental image of themselves!! they don't have GAY sex!! They have STRAIGHT sex!! Some men are secure enough within themselves to accomodate this and others aren't.. It isn't good or bad, it just is!!! Personally, I have a "live and let live" philosophy.

The Man

yes....because Fox news is so "fair and balanced". What country are you living? Everyone needs to have rights.

lisa mae magillacuddy

#29, why am I NOT surprised that you would bring FOX News into this? Now it makes more sense!! You're a fucking idiot, dumb ass.

jane smith

Have watched this soap from day 1. I HATE THIS STORYLINE! I ALSO HATED THE BIANCA(LESBIAN) STORYLINE!

I watch soaps to get away from reality. Now I can't even do that.

CALGO , TAKE ME AWAY

The Man

It's #28 that brought it in.

STALIN

The big problem with gays is that they want a real man but a real man will not sleep with them--Thats what my fag friends told me