Zarf Is Must See TV

3/9/2007 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Housewives across the country got a little lesson in transgenderism on Friday's episode of "All My Children."

Zarf
The soap furthered the storyline of transgendered lesbian character Zarf/Zoe's quest to transition from male to female. On today's educational and partially unscripted episode, Zarf, played by male actor Jeffrey Carlson, ventured to a support group where he encountered trans persons, played by genuine transgendered actors in various stages of undergoing the change. Janice Dickinson must have been unavailable, but a Sandra Oh lookalike was!

For a brief moment, the ABC soap diverged from their laughable Satin Slayer storyline to expose audiences to more diverse characters in a positive light. Let's hope this noble effort doesn't turn into the serial's killer, or kill the serial.

Michele

#44 actually I do have a friend whose brother had gone through what Zarf/Zoey is going through. Do you not believe that breast cancer is True? Drug addiction? Sexuality issues? Heart Disease? Cancers? Rare illnesses? You don't classify any of those not true?

Joanne

I have been watching this show from the beginning. I think this storyline is great and I love the actor who plays Zarf. I cant believe the ignorant comments I am reading. Get real, we are not living in the dark ages! If anyone making these stupid comments they should also know that AMC has always been known for its controversal stoylines. I am a married heterosexual female, so dont think I m anything like you idnorant idiots are thinking. Zarf may just save an otherwise ridiculous storyline. Yeah, like there are other more important things going on but there is nothing wrong with a lighter story for TMZ. For those who think its "not important", go to another website and comment on all the serious issues. I for one, need a break from all the bad news. GO ZARF Karlson, I hope you win an Emmy.

Michele

another thing #44 I also knew someone outside of high school, who is feels she is a man inside a womans body. So for me it's not strange. Also I know what it was like for my one friend to have a brother and then all of a sudden not have a brother anymore and gained another sister, I was there for her when she was sorting out those feelings.

STALIN

#33 Sorry But a famous homosexual wrote the words about gays not being happy because real men will not sleep with them

CL

Looks like Ozzy Osbourne on a good day

??

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe Zarf/Zoe is a transgender that is attracted to women. So after his sex change then "she" would be gay. This why "she" is so drawn to Bianca. I love this story line. I hope the ignorant people can learn something from it.

Only in

I think it all comes down to sex toy enhancement.

TH

I'm sick and tired of this type of trash permeating life and the airways. It's bad enough we have to put up with gay "fashion" designers who expect women to resemble a pubescent boy's frame; these designers pathetically live vicariously through these anorexic "models". Transgenderism is just another excuse to play mommy dress-up. Face it, these pseudo-girls will never ever be the real thing, so they should just deal with it and leave the genuine XX chromosone things alone. Most women I know don't walk, talk or act the way gays, transgenders and cross-dressers walk, talk and act. Again, it's mommy dress-up.

lisa mae magillacuddy

#59, Feeling a little insecure, are we?

Only in

Looks like the cry baby's told tmz to remove some of the post.The truth really hurts doesn't it?? Nice trick but the republicians have more experience than you heathens! Why do you reject religion? Is it because the bible says its satinic?This way you can say to yourselves its alright what your doing. You will never be accepted. God Bless America!

lisa mae magillacuddy

#61, Don't soil the good name of America with your rants and ravings!! America stands for something bigger that you fucking idiot!! We use to take people like you and horse-whip you in the back shed!

shawna

You people who think this "thing" is normal are sick. Even if you dont believe in god...biology is pretty specific. You need a man and a woman to procreate...not 2 men...not 2 women not a man who wants to be a woman with another woman who wants to be a man. Man+woman=make babies. If you are telling me these freaks are born like this then something got royally screwed up in their formation. There is no such thing as transgender!! Its made up!! You fruit loops on the left made it up. God I would give up electricity to go back to the 1500's where these retards would have been burned at the stake!!

lisa mae magillacuddy

#53, YOU'RE the retard!!! In the 1500's you would have been stoned to death!!

lisa mae magillacuddy

Sorry, I meant #63!

char

Frankly, I am sick and tired of the media and education system shoving sexual deviance down our throats and trying to deem it normal. Normal sex is one man and one woman in holy wedlock as God intended it. Deviance is anything else. Also, I am surprised at the abusive language, including use of the "F" word being allowed in the comments section. The need to use this type of language only demonstrates the immaturity or the inability of the writer to communicate, or both.