Diamonds Are Lakisha's Best Friend

3/20/2007 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lakisha JonesTMZ has just learned that on tonight's episode of "American Idol," Lakisha Jones will sing the Shirley Bassey hit "Diamonds Are Forever" as part of the 60s British Invasion music theme.

A source in the audience at tonight's dress rehearsal, also tells TMZ that Sanjaya's BFF will be dripping in head to toe Kwiat diamonds. Bling and sing, honey! You glow girl!

Contemplate

Watch the movie Blood Diamonds. You'll never wear diamonds again.

I love it!

You glow girl...lol

Anyway I don't watch American idol anymore, this season seems to be the worst. IMO

Mama

KiKi is an amazing woman ... strong, lovely, proud and humble. You go girl!

Me

There's something about Lakisha that is really getting on my nerves...and I can't figure out what it is. I like Melinda's singing much more, but her Sally Field-like "you like me, you really like me" actions are also getting on my nerves. The first week, it was cute. By now, the novelty's wearing off.

mina

I liked Sanjaya from the start but I am very disappointed in his performances. I can't wait to see her ahem, I mean him all bejeweled and in diamonds no less. My goodness, yes, "you glow girl!"

Sweet

She is gonna blow that song away. i love that song!

Michelle

Funny news

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

great NEWS!

Jewish news, all kinds of news! BRING IT :)

Michelle

Funny news

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

www.sonotkosher.com

great NEWS!

Patsy

You go girl!

That is such a powerful song - I can smell the popcorn and see James Bond on the big screen - brings back memories for me!

Casting agent

What a dud this season of American Idol is. Yes, Melinda and Lakisha can sing, but they don't have any star quality or charisma to speak of. As for the rest of them -- yawn!!!

What a contrast to last season. Top 12 brimming with talent, charisma and star quality.

This year, not only are the voices pedestrian but most are umm... visually unattractive as well.

Chicago Chick

LaKisha is bigger than American Idol. I hope someone snatches her away from this nonsense.

angel

This season of idol is a real BORE!!! No amount of bling can bring excitement or anticipation.
Have there been too many seasons, or is it just the talent this time?

ANNIA

OK, I'm still at work with a little B/W tv, and guess what? Sanjaya actually has a different voice! He finally dumped his shyness & got down to the biz. But I wondering about that crying girl in the audience, though. Did someone pinched her??? LOL.

LaKiesha is a bit timid, uh, rather boring tonight inspite her million dollars diamond.

Jordin blew me away.

Chris R. is really coming into his own. Love his eyebrows. Very SExyyyyy...

Chris S. is Chris S...no comments from me here.

Blake's style is getting old.

The rest, well, no comments here either. I don't know if I'm going watch Melinda with her phony humble pie...

I'm outta here. Good night!

JB

So...so...so many songs to pick from...I didn't think this song was like the best song out there!!!! At this point you gotta let it go!!!!...let it go...while I was writing this Melinda was belting out a song!!! Wow!!!!

Jamie

Diamonds were gorgeous, but not sure it helped the singing any. She's been better in the past. I really liked Jordin tonight for the girls... I think she's going to be the one to beat out of the girls... She's younger and more likeable and has an enormous voice. I really like Blake for the guys. When I see him perform, all I can think of is Justin Timberlake... So damn sexy! I think age makes a huge difference on how you view each of them though... I'm 24 so I tend to like the performers who stay young. Malakar needs to take a hike... He's just not very good. I'm hoping he's next to go home.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments