Diamonds Are Lakisha's Best Friend

3/20/2007 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lakisha JonesTMZ has just learned that on tonight's episode of "American Idol," Lakisha Jones will sing the Shirley Bassey hit "Diamonds Are Forever" as part of the 60s British Invasion music theme.

A source in the audience at tonight's dress rehearsal, also tells TMZ that Sanjaya's BFF will be dripping in head to toe Kwiat diamonds. Bling and sing, honey! You glow girl!

Maddy

I'm sorry to say that I'm addicted to Idol, but as with all the years, most of the contestants this year are bad. I tape the 2 hour show and then keep my finger near the FF button when I watch it. I watched the whole show in less than 20 minutes last night. It was pretty good. I didn't care for LaKeisha's performance last night because I hate that song.

Kathy

MIchelle-#6
I Couldn't agree with you more!!! I personally like Jordin and hope she goes all the way!

MsTivz-#7
Why must we get so emotional when we read others opinoins? If you can't handle it maybe you should not read them. Get a life!! LOL!

Linda

Lakisha was my favorite from the outset but I think too many people are trying to give her advice - and I think she is losing some of herself, just like the judges said.

travis

shes what you call a full grown female silverback...you can out all the diamonds on this bitch you want but she's not an american idol...more like the perfect picture of diabetes w/ kids...probably on welfare

DONELL jONES

Those persons who are bored this season obviously didnt watch it last year when Taylor won. Now that was a bore. It is so clear who the winner i gonna be...............................

hurl

Phil Stacey is absolutely frightening. I was afraid of clowns as a child and I get that same creepy, gotta cover my eyes, feeling from Phil.

I didn't like the song Lakisha sang. Melinda has overtaken her as the better singer/diva of the show.

Gina was the worst last night, then Phil and Stephanie.

This year is very boring. Where are the personalities, the diversity?

If it weren't for Sanjaya, Lakisha and Melinda, I would sleep right through it.

Of course, Sanjaya is for comic purposes only, although he was better than usual last night, which isn't saying much.

Vickie

Damn,she's ugly...TMZ is it necessary to give us such a "close-up"?

jane doe

This poor girl. I can deal with her being overweight, but she needs to fix her grill and have the cameras back way up. People can lose wait, but what do they do if they are just purely unattractive?

ann

How this black monkey can afford diamonds?? c'est ma question!

Rita

HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER WITH SANJAYA WHILE GOOD SINGERS ARE BEING VOTED OFF. STEPHANIE HAD A GOOD VOICE THAT DESERVED TO STAY ON THE SHOW.

An Over 50 Fan

Lakisha blew it by not singing You're My World, as Lulu suggested she sing. She would have belted it out of the hall and regained her position as front-runner that she's had from the beginning! Let it loose, Lakisha, the herd is catching up with you, and I think you really are the best contestant! Think long and hard about song selections which will showcase your tremendous talent. Believe in yourself!!!

M. Do-Nguyen

Anna Nicole Smith natural body is Virgie bone and flesh. There is spiritual bond between mother Virgie and daughter Anna Nicole/Vickie Lynn Hogan, that no one on earth or in Heaven can break this bond. Without Virgie, Vickie Lynn Hogan never exists on earth!

An individual who lost the most of the three parties of Virgie Arthur, Larry Birkhead, and Howard Stern is Virgie Arthur!

In the Almighty Eternal God name, anyone who insult and treated Virgie wrongly surely will be punish by the Almighty Eternal God!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3