Kid Rock Files Suit Against Assault Accuser

3/22/2007 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kid RockKid Rock has struck back against a woman who claimed he threw her into a snowbank -- with a lawsuit.

TMZ obtained the lawsuit filed by Rock's attorneys against Kelly Ann Kozlowski, the woman who last week accused Kid of assaulting her. The musician is seeking undisclosed monetary damages for invasion of privacy, defamation, and for trespassing the Rock residence.

In a police report, Kozlowski had claimed that Kid (whose real name is Robert Ritchie) grabbed her by the neck and threw her into a snowbank, charges that Rock denied -- and that were ultimately unsubstantiated. According to the Rock lawsuit, after meeting the rap-rocker at a local bar, Kozlowski and her boyfriend tagged along to listen to some tracks Rock had recently recorded, but "began placing drinks on [Rock's] recording equipment and was otherwise acting improperly."

This inappropriate behavior got Kozlowski kicked out of Chateau Kid, but not before she threatened to "sue him, or words to that effect."

Just my opinion

YOU WANNA BE A COWBOY BABY?

DON'T MESS WITH THE KID.

MAN, HE IS ONE FINE LOOKING MAN!!!!

catwoman

I LOVE THE KID!!! SHE SHOULD BE SUED FOR NOT GIVING HIM THE RESPECT HE HAS EARNED!! HE ROCKS MY WORLD...........................

jdizzle

Work it Kid..Tell her "To back that ass hoss"

antiAMERICAN IDOL

#1 Must be slim pickings in your neck of the woods...also I'm sure Kid R___ needs the money. (can you spell l-a-s-t h-i-t ) ??

Khanndy

SMH

Fano

Solemn article. It make me lost in thoughts.

linda

He should be sued. He is a ass and so is the woman for going to his house.

linda

jenn

Good for him maybe if more people would fight back against liars who are out to get free money they might think twice.GOOD LUCK KID

anthonysdreamgirl**

Love you, Kid! Come back to Jersey, we wanna ROCK with you!!! ;-)

Moe knows mo than anybody

#3-
allow me to think he's fine..........I'm just an old lady (46) and I just love to look at him.

Thanks for the humor though!!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Hey Texan, you're not alone! The Kid rocks, and many females share your same contentions! Love the KID!!! ;-) And don't waste your time arguing with the haters!

krktoday

Go Kid Rock! He has been crapped on by enough skanks lately. It is about time he starts getting back at some of them. I love Kid Rock and his music.

Heather

I went to school with Kozlowski. She was always trying to chase idols.
Before kid Rock it was New Kids On The Block. She always went to their concerts.
She got her 15 minutes of fame know let her pay for it.
Kid Rock make her pay every dime she has. I mean all of her parents money.
She still lives at home. She's poor white trash.

Heather

I went to school with Kozlowski. She was always trying to chase idols.
She got her 15 minutes of fame know let her pay for it.
Kid Rock make her pay every dime she has. I mean all of her parents money.
She still lives at home. She's poor white trash.