Legal Woes

For Anna Nicole's Mom

3/24/2007 4:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole Smith's estranged mother Virgie Arthur is in hot water over alleged unpaid legal bills. She's been summoned to the Bahamas once more because her former attorney Jamal Davis claims she hasn't coughed up the money she owes him.

Davis, who says he helped Arthur obtain an order to keep Dannielynn in the Bahamas while paternity is being determined, told Entertainment Tonight, "We represented her to the best of our abilities. We managed to avoid the child being removed from the Bahamas up until the point of time that we stopped representing her and we haven't received payment for our time and devotion spent on this matter."

"We're just exercising our right as any creditor would do to recover our fees. It's unfortunate we have to take this route," he said.

In other Anna news, on Monday the results of her autopsy will be released.

Troubled Tara's Reign Ends

After a tumultuous reign, former boozer beauty queen Tara Conner passed her Miss USA crown on to Miss Tennessee, Rachel Smith, last night. Conner was almost prematurely dethroned in December, after allegations of wild partying and heavy drinking emerged. It was only after a heartfelt plea to pageant boss Donald Trump and a stint in rehab that Conner was allowed to keep her crown.

Now that it's all over, she told People magazine that, "the reign of Tara was miraculous. Literally, because I got sober during it, and that's the most important thing."

The Donald, too, seems satisfied. "We're very happy with Tara, very proud, and hopefully she will have set the example for many people that have problems with drugs and alcohol."

Conner offered her successor some advice. "Be yourself and put your own flavor on the title" -- just as long as that flavor isn't whiskey, vodka or beer.

Winehouse Whines About Lohan

Brit singer and new tabloid princess Amy Winehouse is making frenemies with Lindsay Lohan. Lohan was recently seen purchasing a Winehouse CD, and Winehouse, whose star is rising thanks to a song called "Rehab," recently told Giant magazine that she's worried about Lohan. "I want to coddle that girl. I really want to hug her," she said. She then goes on to poke a little fun at Lohan, adding that "I saw pictures of her coming out of the doctor's [office], and she's crying. She's holding papers in her hand, like, 'Oh, it's a note from my liver saying, "Dear Lindsay, I've gone to Vegas!" Winehouse is no teetotaler herself -- she has quite a rep for putting in booze-fueled performances, and in recent weeks she's canceled several concerts, allegedly for alcohol-related reasons. Maybe Winehouse should stick to singing, and leave the stand-up schtick to the pros.

Party Favors...Eva Offers Support to Jesse...DiCaprio and Winslet to Reunite

Elfin Eva Longoria threw support to her rehabbing "Desperate Housewives" castmate and on-screen boy toy Jesse Metcalfe. Longoria called Metcalfe, who is battling alcoholism, "the most put-together young actor you'll ever meet," adding that "he wants to be responsible and do the right thing. That's a brave thing and I support him 100 percent." ... Titanic stars Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet will reunite on the big screen in a film adaptation of the Richard Yates novel "Revolutionary Road." Winslet's hubby Sam Mendes will direct.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

wrong tmz

TMZ your a little late on this story! Cant believe you decided to diss beloved Virgie "Money Hungry" Arthur

How about telling everyone about Larry "Not the father - Money Hungry" Birkhead now!

SUN

Vergie, did you think Splash magazine was going to pay for everything?

Maybe your hik-lawyer can loan you the money. We know you cant afford his fees, but thats o.k we all know why he will keep working, in hopes that you will get Annas baby, and her money. Then the hix will be paid a large percentage of that.

Go back home, you disgustful human being.

Suzzanne Jones

I am real surprised...Not. Virgie seems like the type who thinks she is above the law. She probably thinks just because she lives in the U.S. she can avoid it. Shouldn't she be able to pay with all the money she is making with Splash? I bet she has it.

Kim

Poor Virgie.. Dont look like your family is helping out as much as they are said to! boo hoo! Hmmm this does not look good to try to get Dannilynn you have NO MONEY just like HKS! LOOSER!

Michelle

The lawyers in the Bahamas charged $45,000 for their simple services of "keeping the baby in the Bahamas"--I think they are criminals!! And why the summons---it just happened in the last month? Chill already.

LIN WOOD LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ABUSER HIMSELF!

FOR THIS STARVING LAWYER, WANTED TO SQUIZZ MONEY FROM VIRGIE AT THIS TIME WHEN THE MESS CREATED BY CRIMINAL STERN IS STILL GOING.

MR LAWYER WHAT YOU DID IT WAS MOST AS COMPASSION FOR 'THE BABY'' . WHE RE DO YOU SPECT TO VIRGIE COME UP WITH THE MONEY?? PERHAPS TO BORROW FROM CRIMINAL STERN WHO I AM SURE IS HIDDING MONEY HE HAS PROFFITTED FROM NICOLE.

TO BAD IN BAHAMAS THERE IS NO WEALTHY, COMPASSIONATE LAWYERS WHO LIKE OTHERS COULD GIVE A LEGAL HAND PROBONO OR BE MORE UNDERSTANDING IN TERRIBLE TIMES WHERE THIS GRANDMA HAVE LOST HER BELOVED GRANDSON AND DAUGHTER.. what is your full name mr. lawyer???????

YOU DIDN'T DO IT FOR COMPASSION YOU DID IT LIKE THE REST OF VOULCHERS FOR MONEY AND PUBLICITY MR. MONEY NEEDY LAWYER.

jenn

she is the devil i hope larry never lets this gold digger see dannielyn

I know who my babys daddy is

This is to Post # 5 If the money is owed then the money is owed. (PERIOD). I am sure Vergie knew what the price of the attorney was before she hired him. I am also sure she knew that she did not have the money yet she is so desperate to get the money oops I mean the baby that she hired him anyway knowing full well that she did not have the funds to pay for his work. It is his law firm he can charge wants ever he wants she did not have to accept his offer.....

LIN WOOD LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ABUSER HIMSELF!

Grandma I want my money now , maybe CRIMINAL $STERN can lend you some money, We are sure $$$$STERN has PLENTY OF NICOLE'S MONEY HIDDING oversees or maybe he got his lawyers working free/provono. I can't work provono I need this money so I can live on, I haven't made a dime in a long time.

Here in Bahamas we don't do provono or are compassionate like other lawyers. WE ALSO WANT MONEY like criminal $STERN. THAT IS iT! I don't do provono, not even if it is helping a baby in danger !

hurl

Denese #4,

I totally agree with you. I think it's funny how it's Entertainment Tonight that is sure to get the story out there. Funny how, with all the obvious underhanded craziness that is Howard K Stern, ET only seems to sympathize and report positive things about him.

wrong tmz

#5 Lost her BELOVED DAUGHTER? Are you smoking something funny? Everything she is doing is out of SPITE for her daughter! She didnt care about her for the last 10 years and doesnt know, she only wants MONEY! Her lawyers worked their butts off to keep that baby in the Bahamas and SUCCEDDED! She should pay them just because HKS could have disappeared with the baby to another Country by now if it wasnt for them!

DO YOU WORK FOR FREE?

SHE NEEDS TO PAY HER BILLS, LOSER! WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO WAIT FOR? HER TO LEAVE TO TEXAS AND NEVER RETURN!

wrong tmz

#8 if you were a REAL lawyer you would know your accusations of "Criminal Stern" can get you into a LAWSUIT! Not smart, I wouldnt use you as my attorney!

ANNA HAD NO MONEY, HELLO... WHAT MONEY OF HERS DOES HOWARD HAVE, SHE HAD NOTHING!

hurl

#8 "Attorney" Jamal,

It's pro bono, not provono.

LIN WOOD LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ABUSER HIMSELF!

for the starving lawyers, it looks more like EVERY BREATHING FLY' wants his money NOW. a debt is a debt but ALSO THERE IS A WORD; COMPASSION and PACIENCE.

The problem is that some STARVING LAWYERS jusst can't wait. HOPE VIRGIE HAS THE MONEY OTHERWISE THIS STARVING LAWYER WILL HAVE TO GET IT FROM CRIMINAL $$$$$$$STERN. How is he paying his lawyers??? I seriously doubt that HIS MOMMY AND DADDY are paying those huge amounts. $STERN most likely IS HIDDING money made from Daniel's and Nicoles deaths and others, hidding somewhere.

Heather

It's a shame that this inhumane attorney is going after Ms. Arthur a couple of weeks after his services ended, while Howard K. Stern- who I believe is actually the person that killed both Anna Nicole and Daniel Smith- is basking in luxury. He is staying in the nice house meant for Anna, with Anna's baby, and does not care about anything but the money. I hope that Florida is ready to once again excercise the death penalty.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments