Celine & Elvis' "Idol" Duet from the Grave

4/23/2007 1:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Celine Dion and Elvis Presley"American Idol" will raise the dead on Wednesday and feature a performance with Celine Dion and ... Elvis Presley?!

While "A.I." teased their "Idol Gives Back" charity benefit by revealing that "two of the biggest stars in musical history come together," sources at last week's taping tell TMZ that Celine sang Elvis Presley's hit, "If I Can Dream" -- with an Elvis impersonator! Ugh! But we're told the impersonator was just used as a stand-in, and what you will actually see when the show airs is Celine singing with a virtual Elvis -- in the vein of Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable." Unbelievable!

At the taping, the remaining "Idol" wannabes also sang with Celine and Elvis, but as backup in the choir. Hallelujah! Elvis died nearly thirty years ago, while Celine has been singing at Caesars Palace in Vegas for the last four.

"Idol Gives Back" will help raise money to fight extreme poverty in the U.S. and Africa, and feature artists like Gwen Stefani, P!nk and Josh Groban.

A rep for "American Idol" could not be reached.

mickey lou

Ohhhhhhhh, PLEASE say it ain't true!

bardiva

who?

SlappDaddy

When will Celine Dion just go away? I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth, again! Thanks Celine, now go back to Canada, as fast as possible.

DavidKeith

I really hope they have something better in mind. With as much as they have been hyping this show - http://www.buzztracker.com/category/american_idol - Celine and Elvis will be as laughable as Sanjayamania.

sapphire

I THINK IT WILL BE GREAT!! AND CELINE WILL DO A WONDERFUL JOB!

Tipsey McStagger

Can anyone write their own music anymore?

Tick Tock

Could be interesting. I'm not a hater.

BRAD FAB MORE.

PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WON'T WATCH.

Leah C

I was thinking the same thing, Tipsey. Celine recorded two songs recorded FIRST by one of my favorite singers in the world- Laura Branigan (RIP), but she tried to claim she was the first one! This will be so cheesy, and I wonder if the Presley estate okayed this use of Elvis's recording(s).

Diana

Céline Dion is the best singer in the world and the Americans just cannot stand it. Jealousy will get you nowhere. Céline and Elvis: two of the very best together, WOW ! Bravo Céline, as a French-Canadian I am so proud of you and wish you would come back to your country if the Americans keep insulting you.

Linda

Oh, so sad. I would much rather hear Elliott Yamin reprise his wonderful performance of this song from last season!

Leah C

Marguerite, you're not the only one wishing Celine would go back to her country of origin. I think she has a wonderful voice, but I personally prefer artists who create their own work (ie.. write their own songs). I haven't known of ONE song Celine's recorded that hasn't been written by someone else.

Lirpa

You have GOT to be kidding me! How can anyone even put Celine on the same level as Elvis Presley? What a joke. Thank GOD I don't watch that show...I think that episode would make me vomit and have nightmares.

Standards are badly needed.

Their singing styles are not similar at all. I find it presumptuous, and Celine is hitching her star posthumously to Elvis, the legend. When Natalie Cole did it , it was with her FATHER.
Unless it's done extremely well, it could be in poor taste. We shall see.

gotta getta life

Lord, that tired old ho needs to stop already! She is going to make a mockery out of a charitable organization that could really help a lot of kids. Please, someone, slip Rene some viara so he'll keep her sorry ass busy!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments