New HBO Drama -- Head Honcho Takes Leave of Absence

5/8/2007 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris AlbrechtHBO Chairman and CEO Chris Albrecht has taken a voluntary leave of absence, in the wake of his arrest for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend outside of the MGM Grand Casino over the weekend.

According to Time Warner CEO Richard Parsons, Albrecht has been granted the leave -- at his request -- while the police incident is sorted out.

In a memo to the HBO staff, posted on Gawker, Albrecht said he was "deeply sorry" for the Vegas incident. He said it was "a wake-up call to me of a weakness I thought I had overcome long ago." Albecht went on to write that he had been a sober member of AA for 13 years, but two years ago he thought he could handle drinking. "Clearly, I was wrong."

Albrecht said he will go back to AA and make things right.

ivy

This ugly old piece of crap has a girlfriend? Oh, yeah, he has money. There would be an awful lot of lonely men in the world if it wasn't for their money. Please take his picture down. It's making me ill.

char

BEING A MEMBER OF AA IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO OVERCOME ALCOHOL!
YOU MUST EXPERIENCE THE STEPS AND HAVE A DEEP AND EFFECTIVE SPIRITUAL
AWAKENING........AND PLEASE NO TREATMENT CENTERS!!! THEY DO NOT WORK!

Dave

Wow, Nice to see so many posts this week where people are saying they
do have a problem and are taking responsibility for thier actions.

Good Luck in recovery, I hear it never ends and I'm glad I don't have to
deal with that problem.

Whatareyoudoing?

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? Oh dayum!

JENNIFER ANNISTON LITE

I GUESS BEATING UP WOMEN IS YOUR WEAKNESS YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD OVERCOME LONG AGO?

JERK I HOPE YOU GET BEATEN UP TOO... IN PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire Collins

once a wife beater and whore monger.....

Claire Collins

he looks like an enforcer for the gambinos...

wait, that is an insult to the gambinos

He's Boring now

An angy ego centric executive who learned to beat on women probably from his daddy...its a learned behaviour and aggravated by the booze that brings out the control and domination he learned watching his mommy being kept in line by his daddy.

A bit hard to overcome at this stage and age sir...girlfriend? Let me guess, you beat your wives and dedicated yourself to your work.

Jerkwad and I hope the Time Warner Board handles you the way they should the Hip hoppers they are presently reviewing for decency.

hog

alcoholism would explain why he got involved with this woman.

Candice Sanders

Now I understand why you blasted me while I was in the HOSPITAL, after the altercation with my ex-fiance' Jim Lampley. TIME WARNER OWNS YOU AND HBO! And yes this is Candice Sanders. Knock yourself out and blast me some more...for speaking out and doing what's right. I NEVER pursued Jim in a civil case. I don't need his money. I had and have a life and career. I will continue to be a spokesperson for domestic violence, no matter how hateful ALL of you have been to me. Your insidious articles about me only make me stronger. And yeah, I forgive you. Love and Light to the Family of DIEGO CORRALES.

www.myspace.com/misscaliforniausa2003

THEMOMMA

YEA..... ALCOHOLICS ALWAYS USR THEIR CRUTCH ( DRINKING ) WHENEVER THEY GET CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE.......... MAYBE A STINT IN REHAB AND ALL WILL BE FORGIVEN ...... WINK, WINK... IT WORKS FOR SO MANU OTHER FAMOUS FOLKS WHY NOT TRY IT HERE DUMBASS !!!!!!!

White Power

Some broads deserve a pop in the face now and then...otherwise they don't feel really loved.

Meghan

Blah Blah Blah....being drunk is no excuse to beat your gf or wife up. What a tragic loser. I have no sympathy for abusers at all.

Hoosier Daddy

Maybe this douchebag is the reason that Lucky Louie was cancelled. Now that this clown is off to rehab like everyone else who gets caught when they act badly, maybe HBO will reinstate Lucky Louie and produce season 2. Let's hope!

Cici

Alcohol addiction is a tough, insidious, self-destructive disease. Glad Albrecht is going back in the program (AA)

Get back up. Be well. The choice is yours and only you can do it. I believe you can.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments