Ricki Lake (Yes, That Ricki Lake) Wows the Glossies

5/9/2007 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The words "Ricki Lake" and "Vargas girl" aren't exactly synonymous. But the formerly flab-tastic Ricki, who's dropped well over 125 pounds since her days as Tracy Turnblad in the original "Hairspray," is looking so svelte -- and so fierce -- that she's gracing this week's cover of none other than Us magazine!

When she guest-hosted on "The View" last week, Ro & Co. couldn't stop gushing about Ricki's new look as she shilled for her natural-birth-themed documentary "The Business of Being Born," which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. She looked so good, in fact, that sources tell us that three weekly glossies offered her covers within 48 hours.

Us ultimately won, and now we can finally reveal the goods -- check out Ricki in the red hot bathing suit. Snap!

Don't worry though, Lake's not forgetting where she came from. She's set to make a cameo in the John Travolta "Hairspray" remake this summer.

Dottie

Work it girl!!!!!

Standards are badly needed.

This isn't the first time Ms. Lake has become the incredible shrinking woman.
This is a re-run. Off to another channel.

jane smith

I don't believe no surgery was involved. She must have had the "lap band" treatment then. Her head which is in propostion to her "real body size" looks like a bobblehead on her body

concerned citizen

Wow! She looks amazing. Good for her.

terryh

She may be thin but you can't fix ugly

Jennifa O Jenny

SHE LOOKS GREAT! But the person in charge of the photo shoot did her a great dis-service - it's either the pose, the bathing suit or both - but that isn't exactly a flattering picture of her body.

Again, Ricki looks great but the photographer should've directed her poses better, etc. so it showed off how good she looks instead of what they came up with. I saw her guest host on The View and she looked great - they could've made her look really amazing if the chose to.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

GO RICKI
GO RICKI
GO RICKI
GO RICKI
GO RICKI

Abby

Great going Ricki! Losing weight is one of the hardest things in the world to do...congratulations to you and good luck.... :)

Linda

Is that bad photography or does her head took too big for her body?

NOT attractive if this is how she really looks. She needs a few more pounds to balance the big head.

Traycee

I LOVE Ricki Lake! I even sat in the audience, once, when she had her talk show. She looks great...I'm so proud of her. I know the struggle of trying to lose, as I'm facing it right now. She gives me hope! NOW, I have to go and buy that magazine (which I've never read in the past) since she's on the cover. Ricki, congrats on such a HUGE accomplishment...you look GREAT!!!!

jProud American Author

GO RICKI! GO RICKI! GO RICKI!

A TRUE WOMAN! NO SURGERY AND YOU LOOK SO HEALTHY!

GOD BLESS YOU! GIVE OTHERS HOPE!

Mike

Nice! I'd do her.

SUN

Lie, lie, lie. I am here to tell you, that when you lose a large amount of wieght say 60+, your skin will be a sagging mess somewhere. Ricki, is too old, and has lost too much weight, not to have some flabby-skin somewhere.

I still admire her for all her hard work, but she has had surgery to tighten up.

Sorry, been there, and its medically impossible to have skin go back into that firm of a posistion, with that kind of weight loss.

beware of big dark HERPE caves

I agree #6!!!!!!!!!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Wow, Ricki's skinny! Hope she can keep the weight off - some people weren't meant to be thin. A body will constantly fight to get to its "normal" weight. Unfortunately, i think Ricki was meant to be a bigger girl... But she looks good anyway. "Go Ricki" :-)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments