Ricki Lake (Yes, That Ricki Lake) Wows the Glossies

5/9/2007 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The words "Ricki Lake" and "Vargas girl" aren't exactly synonymous. But the formerly flab-tastic Ricki, who's dropped well over 125 pounds since her days as Tracy Turnblad in the original "Hairspray," is looking so svelte -- and so fierce -- that she's gracing this week's cover of none other than Us magazine!

When she guest-hosted on "The View" last week, Ro & Co. couldn't stop gushing about Ricki's new look as she shilled for her natural-birth-themed documentary "The Business of Being Born," which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. She looked so good, in fact, that sources tell us that three weekly glossies offered her covers within 48 hours.

Us ultimately won, and now we can finally reveal the goods -- check out Ricki in the red hot bathing suit. Snap!

Don't worry though, Lake's not forgetting where she came from. She's set to make a cameo in the John Travolta "Hairspray" remake this summer.

Your'e Fired!

.............But she still "appears" to be big and she has an unattractive face........................

Marty Columbus OHIO

SHE"S STILL FAT!

Jim

Let me hump her!

Tonka2

What's wrong with her chest? It looks odd.

I never liked her.

cookie

I've got 3 things to say
YOU GO GIRL !!

Quiet

Ricki Looks Great! hope she keeps it off thats 20 dress sizes smaller

Gigi

Size 4 my left foot. Size 4 at The Gap maybe.

andy

Not the prettiest girl in the world but.......good job!!

STL

hey #15 - go back to looking at pics of Nicole Richie before she starves to death. Go Ricki! You look great!

Strange

She looks great!! Good for her!!! But is it me or does her CHEST look weird????

Candy

FINALLY A YOUNG PERSON THAT IS NOT DRIVING DRUNK, MAKING SEX TAPES FOR THE WEB, DOING DRUGS OPENLY AND BUSY AVOIDING ALL RESPONSIBILTY. Ricki must be from another planet in todays world, but thank God she is here ....maybe there is hope for youth today.

Abby

I think when they said without surgery they meant like Gastric Bypass or Banding...I don't think they meant removal of excess skin due to her weight loss

Abby

I think when they said "without surgery", they meant Gastric Bypass or Banding...I don't think they meant the removal of excess skin due to her weight loss

Star

While it's good to loose weight something about her still doesnt look right. Weight loos isnt agreeing with her........

Sweet

I don't believe she's 123 i think she's more like 135. Still looks good though but why can't us weekly stop lying about silly things?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments