Ricki Lake (Yes, That Ricki Lake) Wows the Glossies

5/9/2007 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The words "Ricki Lake" and "Vargas girl" aren't exactly synonymous. But the formerly flab-tastic Ricki, who's dropped well over 125 pounds since her days as Tracy Turnblad in the original "Hairspray," is looking so svelte -- and so fierce -- that she's gracing this week's cover of none other than Us magazine!

When she guest-hosted on "The View" last week, Ro & Co. couldn't stop gushing about Ricki's new look as she shilled for her natural-birth-themed documentary "The Business of Being Born," which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. She looked so good, in fact, that sources tell us that three weekly glossies offered her covers within 48 hours.

Us ultimately won, and now we can finally reveal the goods -- check out Ricki in the red hot bathing suit. Snap!

Don't worry though, Lake's not forgetting where she came from. She's set to make a cameo in the John Travolta "Hairspray" remake this summer.

wherever

She looked better chubby - the weight she was at when she did her TV show. She was cute that way. Now she just looks weird.

Hello Kitty

Good for her !

Hello Kitty

Good for her !

John

even though she is skinny now she still has that ugly long face... I guess she is only going to look good in the dark....

CaressMyMind

I think Ricki's accomplishment on losing the weight was remarkable. Personally I think she could afford to gain a few more pounds because like stated in another comment I can agree that Ricki is just meant to be a bigger girl. Since weight has always been her issue she just has to find the middle that makes her comfortable as well as a weight that looks attractive on her......Over all "YOU GO GIRL" just for being able to do it without the surgery....God bless you and let your will and determination inspire others.

Catafli

come on now! anybody in their right mind, or even not so right mind knows darn well that ricki lake does not look exactly like this pic dispicts..especially without surgery which she has definitely had some of. look at her chest! come on people, now..be for real!!

Miss Divious

I havent seen Ricki Lake in so long.she does look good for her age. but what is up with her chest? is she lifting weights or something?! she look so big in the chest area and looks like she has no breast's and if she do,they are hanging very low!

reality check

Seems like most of the people that are commenting have serious self-esteem issues. It's not surprising at all, that young girls are starving and barfing themselves to death. Who cares how she lost the weight or if the pictures are touched up??? She isn't 250 lbs anymore and it's better for her health.
People you need a reality check, your focus on weight and flawless beauty is what is ruining todays young girls! No one is perfect, yet society wants everyone to think that they are ugly if they don't look like a barbie doll.
I doubt that many of you are confident enough to pose for the cover of a magazine in a bathing suit. As is evident from the nasty comments, beauty is only skin deep. It's your attitude, and what you think about yourself that matters to anyone who really cares.

resa in King James' land

GO RICKI! GO RICKI!........YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! Those who are harping on your head being big are haters........anyone can see you worked out and took better care to eat right. I do agree that this photo could have been better but, it looks good. You should be extremely proud of yourself and I know you feel wonderful. Do your man proud and make him the envy of every other male in the US........ I am encouraged and am doing all I can without surgery's as well. Working on the inside out! You go girl!

Ladybug

I think Ricki looks great and if this makes her happy then I'm happy for her,go Ricki!!

sickNtired

Well said Reality Check (52)
It seems some people were never told "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Ricki all your hard work has paid off, you look great.

Bonnie

I truly am a real fan of Ricki Lake and I suppose I always will be, no matter what her next ventures may be. I am also very proud of her and the weight loss she has accomplished, but just like some of the comments suggests, there really is something about her photo that is not right. To me, it looks as if her head was removed from another picture of her and was doctored onto another woman's body. I know that it is her body for real, because I did see her on the view and she looked great, but the photographer did a terrible job with her photo, especially knowing it was going to be on the front page of a reputable magazine. Shame, shame, shame on the photographer, but Ricky, you go girl.

granny

yea her head's too big,and she shouldve been in a tight form fitting,flattering dress.has she lost her mind,as well as her unwanted pounds?what was she thinking?i give her props on loosing the weight,thats a very hard thing to do.consult with your friends first on fashion,it wont hurt as much.luv ya-luvd your show-from granny.

Pretti Mommee

Ricki Lake looks like a lot of other women with drastic weight loss: a hot mess. Where are your boobs and butt? And why is your head so big? She doesnt look any better than Star Jones, they are both a messy look!

Dialyasis Technician 1

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN. AND THAT'S MORE THAN LIKELY THE REASON YOU USE THE COMPUTER TO TALK FOR YOU. MEAN PEOPLE ARE UGLY PEOPLE, MAYBE NOT ON THE OUTSIDE, BUT DEEP WITHIN. AND OFTEN, SOONER THAN LATER YOUR MEAN SPIRIT THAT YOU CARRY ON THE INSIDE ALWAYS SHOWS UP ON THE OUTSIDE. SO PLEASE STAY ON THE COMPUTER IN THE HOUSE, SO THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE THE REST OF THE WORLD SUFFER WITH HAVING TO LOOK AT ONE MORE UGLY PERSON.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments