Cops

Slap Ike Turner Behind Bars

5/16/2007 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ike TurnerTMZ has learned that Ike Turner, ex-husband of Tina Turner, was arrested and locked up late last night on drug-related charges in Los Angeles.

LAPD officers clocked Ike (real name is Izear Luster Turner) at 80 mph in his 2002 Mercedes S-50 on the 405 Freeway. After they pulled him over, cops ran a check and discovered Ike had an outstanding felony narcotics warrant.

The 75-year-old was immediately taken into custody and booked at L.A.'s Twin Towers jail.

Calls to Turner's rep were not immediately returned.

Story developing...

lovergirl

what goes around comes around that low life SOB belongs behind bars after what he did to Tina, a man with a heart like that deserves to be treated less than a human, i hope tina's success is eating him up inside.

gypsyartist

I concur with InterestedParty... the felony drug warrant was no longer valid, BUT he was driving 80mph in a 55-65mph zone... and YES, Tina Turner's movie did not depict Ike as fairly as depicted in her book.

I happen to practice Nichiren Buddhism and am a member of the same Buddhist lay organization that Tina Turner belongs to, and I know that, according to this philosophy, everyone has the potential to be enlightened and become happy -- even Ike Turner! Without condoning his actions or behavior, I do feel compassion for him. Although I have never met him (or Tina Turner, for that matter), I am a survivor of domestic violence and I do chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for Ike Turner and others like him to reach their fullest potential.

memyselfandi

Wow for all of you who I am sure have never met Ike he is actually a very nice man and a pleasure to spend time with. Speaking without knowledge shows clear when I read that you all slamming a man that served his time for what he did wrong. Shows how true it is that we are a group of followers and not leaders of kind spirits. He that is without sin cast the first stone. Oh by the way that is a quote from the Bible. It does not seem with your comments that you are familiar with God's word. And those questioning success as sweet revenge must not have seen the Grammies this year. hee hee

EP

Ike,

You are an embarrassment to the world. Please remove yourself and we will appreciate it.

aSiF

Maybe he should've kept his ass in Nutbush

Haha suckers...

Looser!
I love Tina. Ike deserves to be behind bars.

Virginia

Ike should have been locked up long ago. According to TinaTurner (in her autobiography ) he beat the hell out of and pimped her out, before she was famous. His music was great, But hes not a nice guy.

Whatareyoudoing?

Tina is a Buddist now, and has found peace. Too bad for Ike. She would have bailed your ass out if you hadn't beat her ass. What goes around,,,

belle

Ha, ha!! Serves that loser right!! F***** moron! I hope he gets his a** beat just like he used to do to Tina....

monique

What a lowlife! I'm so glad Tina Turner got away from him. Success is the best revenge, baby. She is looking and doing well.

ridingsage

I thought he was dead.....

Amazing

Tina was free to leave Ike whenever she wanted.

LisaLisa

yeah you guys said it all...

bastard.

Lori

She was young, and she did leave him. I hope they keep his sorry butt locked up. She is fantastic and did well without him beating her up like did. He is a looser. She is a winner. You can see this in how there chosen lifestyles have taken them since they split.

aSiF

...and she did Candy - does that mean Ike's not an as*hole abuser?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments