Joe Francis to Candy: Back Off!!!

5/19/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis has fired back at Candy Spelling for the open letter posted this morning on TMZ. Francis is currently in Federal custody. Spelling's letter was read to Francis this morning by phone. Francis tells TMZ he wrote the response himself.

Dear Candy:

I don't know you, I have never met you and I don't know anything about you. After reading your letter posted on the internet, my mental picture of you is of a lonely old woman living in a mansion in Holmby Hills with let's say 300 cats jumping around, some in their own feces.

I have tried to think to myself what would compel a woman such as yourself to write a letter to someone they have never met? Even worse, you are making up your mind based on headlines. I can understand you writing Paris Hilton a letter out of care because as you said in your letter, you have known her most of her life. Then again, it's sad and pathetic you had the audacity to post that letter on the internet instead of just sending it to Paris personally.

Candy, you don't know any of the facts concerning my situation. I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life. You should appreciate this and know this more than anyone and I am ashamed of you for forgetting how hard it is to make it in this world and the people who would love to tear you down because you have. Sadly, it appears you have become one of those people.

Contrary to what you have said in your letter, my world has not changed. My business Girls Gone Wild is thriving and posted record sales last month. Most important, my friends and my family (I love you guys....) have stood by me. This whole situation will be over soon and I will be standing strong.

I have never played a victim but I have always been a fighter. I will ultimately prevail in the matters at hand but I am concerned that you will die a lonely and unfulfilled person playing with those cats and posting open letters to people you have never met on the internet.

Sincerely,

Joe Francis

TROLL SMASHERS

WHOEVER BELIEVES THAT A JAILED MAN CAN ACCESS THE INTERNET AND IF SUCH ACCESS WAS GRANTED WOULD BE VISITING TMZ.COM IS DELUSIONAL - THERE REALLY IS NO NEED TO COMMENT ON THIS.

protesthollywood

#19-remember they have celebrity cells. If you recall, they are trying to put Paris the alcoholic in one. I'm sure they have it all there.

leelee

I officially now have a modest amount of respect for Joe Francis after reading this.
@10-- He does not exploit women, he exploits the stupid. The girls that think they can get some real attention them by flashing, or got so wasted they don't even know what's going on. Stupid, dumb girls, who always had the choice to walk away and say no. They've been around forever, and he was just was the guy that came up with the multi million dollar idea.
What has Candy ever really done? Oh right, marry some rich guy and yell at her daughter.

vinn-e

Nice job Joe!
This letter shows you ARE a class act and Candy Spelling is just a washed out nobody.
Keep your head up buddy, its almost over.

they're so narcissistic

Just how do you think his lawyer got his "input"? Did he call him on his cell phone? Oh, right. He must have just e-mailed him. And if by some chance the lawyer did bother to post this for him, I would say he needs to get a lawyer less concerned with Mrs. Spelling and more concerned with the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT .

Karen Walker

Dear Joe,
Instead of worrying about what Candy says about you, get your legal problems taken care of, you worthless piece of feces!

how sad

I agree with Joe on the point that Candy is making statements without knowing
all the facts or him for that matter. I never understood why she was writing
public letters to Larry Birkhead, Paris (who she knows personally) and Joe.
If you truly care about helping someone, public ridicule is NOT the answer.

Terry

Joe gets mail all the time from those who do not know him, He gets check$ too. That don't seem to bother him. Sounds like he is trying some Trump talk to muster up some courage.

I love it .. " no one knows me or my situation" lmao I know the charges, I know your um not guilty of course!. enough to know about you Joe.

Della

Candy,
You must be starved for attention.

gwen

Hey Jailbird...you have made your living off exploiting young women who are intoxicated or who clearly don't understand the long term repercussions of their decisions...You are a bottom feeder..See you on the D list when your 15 minutes of fame are up!!

scarlett

Hey Joe-you are in jail because you are a bad person. I would never want to be a friend of yours because of what you have done to so many young women, and because you are so seedy! I really wonder how your family ever supported your "career choice", but perhaps your life history has something to do with it. Anyway, you are getting what you deserve, and maybe Candy is just speaking for the rest of us who don't want to hear about this Hollywood BS anymore. You and the rest of you headline-makers seem to have a goal of bringing morality right nto the gutter. Please just go away....no comeback wanted.

they're so narcissistic

I don't believe for one second Francis' lawyers would post this for him. If so, he has a good malpractice case when he LOSES his case and the feds use this "letter" at sentencing to show how unremorseful he is.

Nance

HE didn't write that story......someone did it for him.....I wish he would quit sending his adverts for his" Girls Gone Wild Videos" to my e-mail...Grrr .....

3.14

I knew that bastard has been on the internet! in some jails if ur on good behavior they allow you computer time..........sick is it not?

wilson

I agree with "leelee"
Obviously none of the "joe haters" have ever been to a spring break nor a night club.Those" poor poor girls" were just taken advantage of he held a gun to them and made them lift their shirts up.Gimme a break Ive seen girls do a lot more for alot less than that.They are just pissed when they sober up because they dont want mommy and daddy to know how naughty they are.I dont particularly care for the guy but trust me he will have the last laugh.From what I have seen he lives in a mansion and makes millions every year.