Joe Francis to Candy: Back Off!!!

5/19/2007 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis has fired back at Candy Spelling for the open letter posted this morning on TMZ. Francis is currently in Federal custody. Spelling's letter was read to Francis this morning by phone. Francis tells TMZ he wrote the response himself.

Dear Candy:

I don't know you, I have never met you and I don't know anything about you. After reading your letter posted on the internet, my mental picture of you is of a lonely old woman living in a mansion in Holmby Hills with let's say 300 cats jumping around, some in their own feces.

I have tried to think to myself what would compel a woman such as yourself to write a letter to someone they have never met? Even worse, you are making up your mind based on headlines. I can understand you writing Paris Hilton a letter out of care because as you said in your letter, you have known her most of her life. Then again, it's sad and pathetic you had the audacity to post that letter on the internet instead of just sending it to Paris personally.

Candy, you don't know any of the facts concerning my situation. I am a hardworking, compassionate and honest person. I will prevail just as I have in the past because overcoming adversity is not only a part of the entrepreneurial experience but a part of life. You should appreciate this and know this more than anyone and I am ashamed of you for forgetting how hard it is to make it in this world and the people who would love to tear you down because you have. Sadly, it appears you have become one of those people.

Contrary to what you have said in your letter, my world has not changed. My business Girls Gone Wild is thriving and posted record sales last month. Most important, my friends and my family (I love you guys....) have stood by me. This whole situation will be over soon and I will be standing strong.

I have never played a victim but I have always been a fighter. I will ultimately prevail in the matters at hand but I am concerned that you will die a lonely and unfulfilled person playing with those cats and posting open letters to people you have never met on the internet.

Sincerely,

Joe Francis

KRISTI THE LAWYER

ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE IN HERE TALKING ABOUT HOW JOE FRANCIS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THESE "YOUNG GIRLS" WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. NUMBER 1 THESE "YOUNG GIRLS" A MAJORITY OF THEM ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. ONE REASON WHY THEY GO TO SUCH SPRING BREAK DESTINATIONS AS MEXICO AND THE CARRIBEAN IS BECAUSE DOWN THERE THE LEGAL AGE IS EITHER 18, 19, OR 20 AS COMPARED TO HERE IN THE STATES. NUMBER 2 THESE PEOPLE GET SO STUPIDLY DRUNK THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING OR THEY DONT HAVE TO BE DRUNK TO BE STUPID SO THERE FOR I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THESE GIRLS. THEN AFTER THEY APPEAR ON CAMERA BEING DRUNK AND STUPID THEY WANT TO CLAIM THAT THEY WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. GIVE ME A BREAK. THEY DESERVE IT. AS MANY TIMES AS I HAVE BEEN DRUNK I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING STUPID. SO THERE FOR JOE FRANCIS A BUSINESS MAN AND IS MAKING MONEY OF OF PEOPLE AND THEIR STUPIDITY. THIS IS COMING ALL FROM A LAWYER.

KRISTI THE LAWYER

(I AGREE WITH LEELEE)
ALL OF YOU JOE FRANCIS HATERS NEED TO SHUT UP. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO EITHER SPRING BREAK OR A NIGHT CLUB WHERE PEOPLE HAVE HAD ONE TOO MANY DRINKS AND DID SOME PRETTY STUPID THINGS. I HAVE NEVER DID THE SPRING BREAK THING BUT I BEEN TO A NIGHT CLUB WHERE PEOPLE GET STUPID AFTER HAVING TOO MANY DRINKS. NOBODY HELD A GUN TO THESE GIRLS HEAD TO FLASH THE CAMERAS AND DO RETARDED STUFF NOR DID NOBODY HAVE HELD A GUN TO THEIR HEADS AND FORCED THEM TO GET DRUNK. THAT NIGHT AT THE CLUB I WAS DRUNK BUT I DID NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID BECAUSE I KNEW MY LIMITS. SO ALL YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK BACK IN YOUR LIVES AND LOOK AT ALL THE DUMB THINGS YOU DID. THESE GIRLS NEED NO SYMPATHY FROM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GETTING IT. THEY ARE GROWN AND THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER AND THEY SHOULD THINK USING THEIR HEADS.

xbunnyrnr

so your the creep whose cameraman allegedy raped a 17yr old girl wow

OCD

Candy needs to jump her ass off her pedestal. It is doubtful that she knows any more about Joe Frances, his strengths or his weaknesses than does my pet bunny.

Candy, shut the hell up and go wrap some packages!

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

TMZ LIES!!!! This is a false story; people in federal custody do not have access to computers or the internet. Why would you make up a story like this, Harvey Levin? Slow day? You as an attorney should know that committing fraud of this sort is a federal offense, and is actionable; I can't imagine why you would open yourself up to that kind of mess, just to write a stupid story like this...

lisa

i like to know what is wrong with candy spelling its none of her busness what other people do look at her son on sons of hollywood hes out every night getting drunk write him a letter plus there is some kind of reason her daughter wasnt talking to her look at ur own kids before writing letters about other people

Shanna

They really need to keep the pedophiles away from computers.

blackberry_curve is a TRANNY!

Dear Candy,

Please write an open letter to Tori and Randy before skipping ahead to criticizing and chastising other people's ADULT children.

Sincerely,

Tired Of Reading Candy Spelling's Opinions

shay

Joe sure you will prevail( just a little more gay. )

alabamagirl

I'm a little confused....Joe Francis saying...he is an honest person. when did honest people get sent to jail for not paying their taxes?

jay

#19....If you read the bold face, you'll see that the letter was read to him over the phone, which would lead anyone with a brain to conclude that either: A) he wrote the letter (on paper) then read aloud over the phone to his publicist/lawyer/manager/gopher, or B) he handed the letter to them DIRECTLY for them to post over the internet

Phoenix Filly

Exactly......poor Joe. He is definitely an honest, hard working compassionate business man. That could only be the reason he is making a living on exploiting little girls in sexual acts. Rrriiiggghhhttttt.......

jay

So Pathetic, no one will offer Candy a book deal, so she has to resort to tirades on TMZ

jill

ok i believe tmz now cause they included the forward of how this came about
thank god i didnt want to go back to perez he blows, and tmz has alwats seemed like the realest most unbiased celeb site
who runs tmz? harvey levin? the guy from peoples court .... lmao

shay

Joe will prevail with a sore ass