Sanjaya: Human Art Project

5/22/2007 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comIs Sanjaya Malakar really who he says he is ... or is he really an art school student pretending to be an "Idol" wannabe?

TMZ received a hilarious video of Sanjaya explaining that his "real" name is Bill Vendall, and that he is an art student at the Rhode Island School of Design. He "created" Sanjaya as part of his thesis, explaining, "The character was part of a larger art installation." That still doesn't justify the hair!

Sanjaya (or is it Bill?) also declares that you haven't seen the last of him, saying, "I might pop up on your favorite situation comedy. I might run for President. I might show up as you." Oooooooh, scary.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

shadylilthang

Way to promote a clip that was done for funny or die as truth

sue

62. ............al quedea,,,,,,,,,i mean sanjaya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hahahaha..........

Posted at 9:37PM on May 22nd 2007 by costa mesa boy.
____________________

Oh my God. Whoever would write that is an absolute idiot beyond belief!

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life, not because you're trying to rip on Sanjaya -- that I could care less about -- BUT that you don't know the difference between an Indian and an Arab (Muslim). THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Get yourself a map and a history book and/or sociology book and/anthropology book, or educate yourself via the web. Better yet, travel out of the country, or state or town for that matter, once in awhile, and learn about the world around you! Comparing an Indian to an Arab makes about as much sense as comparing an Swiss (someone from Switzerland) to a Greek (someone from Greece).

Sanjaya is half Indian; father is from the country of India.
Indians are NOT Arabs and their religion is Buddhist or Christian -- NOT Muslim.
Indians/India are one of the most peaceful countries in the world; No 'terrorist' is Indian.

On the other hand:
The 'terrorists' Al Queda are Arabs from Middle East countries (i.e. Afganistan, Saudi Arabia) and their religon is Muslim.

So much for Bush's "no child left behind". Obviously our educational systems -- schools -- are a damned joke. Absolutely ridiculously sad.

Cheap Trick

I guess it makes sense. There's no way anyone could be that annoying and weird without also being mentally retarded and from Jupiter. But "Bill" of course is equally as annoying, gay, ugly and just plain boring.

But wether he's just pretending it was all a joke because he's finally seen what he looks like on TV or if he really was a fake the whole time... his 15 minutes are WAY up and it's time to just let him fade into the past with all the other also-rans.

sue

............al quedea,,,,,,,,,i mean sanjaya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hahahaha..........

Posted at 9:37PM on May 22nd 2007 by costa mesa boy.

You're an absolute idiot. You don't the difference between an Indian and an Arab.

I could care less that you're trying to rip on Sanjaya, but I'm floored that you don't know the difference between countries of origin, and ethniticies and religions/cultures.

Here's a clue: Indians -- from country of India -- are NOT Arabs and their religion is Buddhist or Christian; they are not Muslim. The country of India, and it's people, are one of the most, if not the most, peaceful country in this world; No Indian has ever been a "terrorist".

The "terrorists", e.g. Al Queda, are Arab (countries like Saudi Arabia and Afganistan) and are Muslim.

Ramiro

I don´t no, but I like Sanjaya. Sanjaya is america idol HEART and SOUL.

Paige

Are you kdding me???? I always knew that dude was a flake.Could we get some confirmation on his story??? What kind of social experiment is going on a national tv show and making a complete ass of yourself??? Sanjaya-uh, Bill-whatever: take note. YOUR FIFTEEN MINUTES ARE UP. Please go away.

TRISHA THORNBURY

I think the cops must have left some of his mom's stash behind and he found it. Silly Indian kid!

rminva

Good to see that racism is alive and well in the good ole USofA...GEEZ people!

heather

Suzanna G

Maybe you need to get yourself a map and/or a history book and educate yourself via the web. Indians are not only buddhist and christians. They are also hindu and muslim. Actually over 80% of the people of India practice Hinduism and over 13% practice Islam (Muslim religion). Apparantly the school system failed you!

Max

Ummmm, isn't there an administrator on this site? This is ridiculous.

sd

The comments portion of this site is like a clearing-house for the stupidest, most ignorant, lowest common denominator people on the planet. Why don't you get off the internet and go back to school or read a book or something? Morons.

Nance

Yay Sanjaya!!! I love this piece and I'll tell ya why: It shows me that Sanjaya can act and that there is more to Sanjaya than simply reading the Top 10 on Letterman. He's definitely here to stay. Can anyone say COOL?! Yeah Sanjaya, you are very cool dude! I thought this piece was cool in a "Quentin Terantino-isque" fashion. Sanjaya is definitely not going anywhere!! Keep up the good work bud!! We Love Ya!!! ^_~

Signed .. a Fanjaya!

jesus christ

this guy is beautiful and a genius..the fact that he has all these narrow minded right wing bigots so upset proves it. Thanks to these folks his 15 minutes in not nearly done. Not by a long shot. if fact your kids will probably have you buying his teeny bopper CDs for christmas...ha ha ha

Jennfier L

Look if this is a joke than I believe American Idol should do something, and not just sit with thier thumb up thier butts. I mean he is funny and acts stupid, but wait we might all be wroug and he really doesn't have anything else to do in life, be a jackass. Plus if that's all he has in life he will have a long road to hold. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Elliott

Does anyone not think that Sanjaya was a "plant"by Fox and that the whole thing was orchestrated by Fox? Fox thrives on controversy. Imagine a program on Fox without a controversy. Impossible, isn't it? I think they found him and connived to create the Sanjaya persona for the sake of the ratings.

Fox Television and Fox news never overestimated the intelligence of its audiences and it continues to do so to this day. If you watch too much Fox, your mind will turn to Jell-O.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments