Sanjaya: Human Art Project

5/22/2007 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comIs Sanjaya Malakar really who he says he is ... or is he really an art school student pretending to be an "Idol" wannabe?

TMZ received a hilarious video of Sanjaya explaining that his "real" name is Bill Vendall, and that he is an art student at the Rhode Island School of Design. He "created" Sanjaya as part of his thesis, explaining, "The character was part of a larger art installation." That still doesn't justify the hair!

Sanjaya (or is it Bill?) also declares that you haven't seen the last of him, saying, "I might pop up on your favorite situation comedy. I might run for President. I might show up as you." Oooooooh, scary.

Your'e Fired!

.............................I smell Camel breath..................................

Your'e Fired!

.....................Then who was the father? An actor? The druggie mother? The sister? Too many loose end here.....It appears we have a "con boy" in the making......Don't give him print/air time, let him fade away, like a camel fart in the desert.......

Chris V

I think it is so funny that people keep saying "Go Home". Uhh.. Hello Morons, he's an American. Born here, raised here. Where's he gonna go, Detroit?

rachel

He's the bastard son of Stevie Nicks (Who?) and Lionel Richie.

He's got no class on either side, just idiot fans.

SHANE

Sanjaya was cleared for the White House Correspondent's dinner as a guest of People magazine.

If he wasn't truly Sanjaya, he'd never have been cleared AND for those of you who might say that he was cleared under a different name -- don't you think People magazine would have JUMPED on that story!

wisegirl

Two movies come to mind immediately: American Dreamz and The Shape of Things. It's clear that this was only an afterthought on Sanjaya's part.

whitney

i knew it
z.o.m.g
z.o.m.g.
z.o.m.g.
z.o.m.g.
z.o.m.g.
z.o.m.g.

kiki

hes a very strange person, but his 15 minutes have been u p for a while, please fade back into the shadows.

LAME

that was just plain CREEPY!!!!

Gemini

There is no Bill Vendall at Rhode Island School of Design.

costaMesaboy

whoever he is? .............HOPE IT WORKS OUT WITH YOU AND ELLEN, BUDDY...........

Michelle

Thanks for the warning Sanjaya..er...Bill. But if this guy, whoever he is, shows up as me, I would have to kill myself!!!!

Laura

I don't think that Sanjaya's real name is Bill. I think he just got so hurt and upset at the fact that no one really liked him, and that people were only voting for him through www.votefortheworst.com that he had to do something to clear his name, at least just a ltitle bit. He probly thinks that if he said that his name was really Bill, people whow ould walk up to him and be all "Sanjaya!! You're gay!" he could be like "um, my name isn't Sanjaya. It's Bill." Who thinks of Bill anyway? Isn't Bill a nickname of the name William? I don't know, whatever. I just don't think that that's his real name. Not for a minute.

Startmakingsense

Enough of the homophobic rhetoric - it's totally unnecessary. Are you afraid that Sanjaya is going to try to date you or something?
The guy is still desperate for some attention. He's a loser. Just leave it at that.

Jennifa O Jenny

I don't know as though I'm convinced it's sanjaya or somebody who just strongly resembles sanjaya. They do thorough background checks for AI participants - no one could get by using a fake name and fake background.