Tracy Morgan:

Anklet Stylin'

6/9/2007 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan is among a growing number of Hollywood celebrities sporting the latest in convict chic -- an electronic ankle bracelet.

Tracy Morgan shows off his electronic ankle bracelet
TMZ has obtained the first photo of Morgan's new SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring) device -- an ankle bracelet worn to test for alcohol vapors that exit the skin. The device tests every 30 minutes for 90 days. If Morgan tests positive for alcohol use, he will have to start his 90 days over, and if he fails a second time he'll be forced to spend 30 days in a county jail.

As TMZ first reported, Paris Hilton was also wearing an electronic monitoring anklet (but not for alcohol -- just location tracking) while under house arrest ... until she was sent back to the slammer.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

From what I've read the SCRAM devices are very effective. A good alternative and cost effective versus prison time for 1st time DUI.

audieme

He's sportin and stylin it in this pic - why would he want to be photographed with this monitoring device? I would be embarrassed as hell. What now, are we gonna see this on the Dolce & Gabbana catwalk now?

janie

what i think would be the most funniest thing-is put that arrogant ass sheriff from Arizona in a dessert with a fat tent of his own for 2 years-with many pictures of Paris-since he wants her so bad-and leave the jerk-so the buzzards can have his white trash-face-to eat! He has got to be the most arrogant sounding-butt of a person-on any TV. Flaunting "his girls"-and did ya see them in the background? What a bunch of losers!-He doesn't want to help Paris or anyone "learn their lesson"-He wants to be patted on the back-for what I will never know. His "prison of tents as he calls it"-needs to be investigated-as, so does he-there is much more going on in that disgusting "human beings" place of tent city-than any of us could ever know-ya know? He needs to get a life-jerk!!

Jhazon

How much is TMZ getting paid to be 'exclusive' media outlet for Paris Hilton?? So many of you videos are nothing more than staged PR acts.

April

PARIS YOU SPOILED BEYOTCH!!!!! NEXT TIME TELL THE PROCESSING PEOPLE ABOUT THE HOST OF PILLS YOU NEED TO TAKE. THEN YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE SUCH A BIG BREAKDOWN.

UMMMMMM QUESTION: IF ANY OTHER JANE SCHMO GOT LOCKED UP AND HAD A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IN JAIL, WOULDN'T THEY BE SENT TO A HOSPITAL? I COULD BE MY LIFE ON IT THAT THEY WOULDN'T BE SENT TO THEIR MANSION WITH A ANKLE MONITOR. THE HILTONS REALLY DID A NUMBER ON THIS ONE. IT IS CALLED PARENTAL SUPERVISION..... YOU HAVE A KID AND RAISE THEM.... THESE HILTONS WERE MORE INTERESTED IN A NICE CHRISTMAS PICTURE RATHER THAN RAISING CHILDREN. PARIS DIDN'T EVEN GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL. I HEARD HER SAY ON SOME VIDEO BLOG CALLING SOME GIRL " PUBLIC SCHOOL TRASH". SHE HAS NERVE AND THAT IS WHY EVERYONE IS SUPER HAPPY SHE IS CRYING IN JAIL.
BITE ME PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brown recluse

that has GOT to suck major ass!!!!!

Debra

This is old stuff...the kids in the West End of my town...buy these big plastic toy watches and spray paint the face to wear as "pretend" ankle bracelets. Thank God Paris didn't have to wear one...then all the little girls would have them on.

janie

to the person-"writergrrl-you are right! It is "our right" to get drunk-but it is NOT your right to get in a car and drive drunk and kill a family-or lets push up the clock-maybe someday you have 2-3 kids-(lets hope not!)-and someone slams into the side or front of your car-killing your whole family-NOW!-how do-" your rights" sound so far! Think-!!--if you know how-or just grow up!

Suck it up Buttercup

When I read Morgan's story this morning, I began to feel a little sorry for Paris Hilton. This is big for me because usually I don't think she deserves to breathe the same air I do... I'm glad to say the feeling didn't last long. I think more people need to read and know the full details of what Parasite Hilton had done and not done before she landed back in jail. ABC News has a nice summary: http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3258489&page=1
Parasite is just getting her ass nailed to the wall for being a spoiled brat and flaunting that she's above the law. She embarrassed a lot of high profile people. Her parents wouldn't discipline/parent her so now the LA judicial system has to step in. I just want to give a shout out to all the cash-strapped single mothers struggling to raise a good kid that won't end up in jail, the Hiltons prove that money doesn't always buy manners, good sense and, occasionally, a get out of jail free card.

Tangie

How embarrasing,

kim suck

too bad it doesnt test for CRACK!!!

Big A

I got picked up for a DUI about a year a ago and I had to do 4 days in jail AND where this thing for 90 days, it's the biggest slap in the face that not only do they make you wear it but they also make you pay for the "privelage" of wearing it. they say that is it water-resistant, but I was so nervous that it would short out and they would make me buy it and get another one that I showered with a plastic bag around my leg, I call BS on this little piece of big brother

Big A

WhatTheHell,

I didn't come here to say poor me, god knows that in the past year with all the celebity DUI incidents and the stuff I've even seen locally that is non-celebrity, I've thought to myself what could have happened. But there is the rub, people like you want to convict people of "could haves" Minority Report style. The justice system in this country is screwed all the way around. While there is a responsibility to serve the public, I think a major factor of the courts in cities and counties is how to take the $$$$. I'm lucky in that I could afford to pay for all the crap I had to and still be able to find rides to all the meetings and appointments and hoops that needed jumping that probabtion expects without a liscence and still stay sober for a year. A lot of people can't afford all that and end up crowding the system like were back in old england with debtor prison's. If that doesn't push people back to drinking nothing will. So before you preach to people from the top of your mountain you may want to actually research the facts before spouting off about people you don't know.

ClaraClutchbutt

Big A- I apologize for climbing on a soapbox. I am far from perfect myself. I appreciate your comments and reply as I took your previous post as a "poor me, this is not my fault". I guess I am really angry with all this media attention on DUIs and celebs like it is a badge of honor and something to look up to. I worry for our youth that they will learn that it is no big deal and a little whining and blame shifting will get them out of trouble. I took it out on you and I apologize. Hope you have a great day!

No justice, No peace

I have to state the obvious...Economic and racial preference...none other than that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments