'Real World's' Frankie

Dies at 25

6/12/2007 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0612_frankie_realworld_sd-1Frankie Abernathy -- the punked-out, boat-phobic rock chick of MTV's "Real World: San Diego" fame -- died at the age of 25 on Saturday at her mother's home in Shorewood, Wisc.

Abernathy suffered from cystic fibrosis, though an official cause of death has yet to be determined, according to MTV News. During her stint in the "Real World" house, Frankie exhibited symptoms of cystic fibrosis, such as difficulty breathing and immune-system impairment, and it was a significant part of her storyline on the show.

Frankie had some tumultuous times on the show, and ended up leaving the house before the end of the season.

Rosie O'donnel is way too gross for words

That's so sad. I'm so very sorry for her friends and family,
God Bless. That was the only real world season that I ever ever watched
and I really liked her...(or her character, I don't know?-- how real is reality tv?) CYSTIC FIBROSIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

chopchop

I cannot believe it.....so young!! RIP Frankie!!!

Ali B.

R.I.P. FRANKIE!!! She was my favorite on Real World:San Diego.I wish I could've met her when she was out here in San Diego doing the show.My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.Much Love to Frankie!

me

To bad the courts did not get to u Frankie before u off urself. I hope got the results that you was looking for when u OD"ed

sunny

I am so sad to hear about Frankie's death. My best wishes to her friends and family.

Lisa

This is truly sad... i just buried my 18 year old cousin today from the same disease. Cysic Fibrosis is a horrible disease. I have two wonderful brothers who also have CF. They take care of themselves and will hopefully live full wonderful lives. my prayers go out to Frankies family and friends

Tephy

That's so hard to believe.
She was the person who made that season.
May she rest in peace.

Joe Nutter

RIP, Frankie.

Chuck

I really feel for her family. CF is a terrible disease. I watched my wife deteriorate from it. The disease slowly takes over to the point where your body literally wastes away. Science is making progress, but CF patients only live to the average age of 30. I pray that a cure can be found for it very soon.

CHICANAANGEL

JUSTICE I BET YOU ARE A 12 YEAR OLD KID WITH YOUR HORRID SPELLING!!! HURRY YOUR MOM AND DAD CAN MONITOR YOUR INTERNET USAGE..YOU ARE A CORN HOLE! FRANKIES FAMILY SUFFERED GREATLY! GOD REST HER SOUL. PLEASE DONT POST ANY MORE HATE MESSAGES TOWARDS HER!

dude

Men and women are dying in Iraq everyday. Now that's REAL WORLD!!!!!!!!

CHICANAANGEL

DUH PO! SHUT UP. WE KNOW THATS THE REALITY WERE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE STOP TRYING TO GET ATTENTION!

MandyMae23

RIP Frankie. This is truly sad and a part of life. My lost my brother to CF when he was 21 years old and my sister has CF as well and she is now 25 and doing well. I pray for a cure everyday. People want to argue that she was a junkie and had problems but you can never truly know how she felt inside everyday. Living with a disease like CF is not an easy task, I've seen my brother and sister deal with it their whole life. It is a disease that affects the body but it takes a strong grip on your mind too...its hard to live with a disease that you know will shorten your life. My prayers go to the family...I know how hard this is for you. Keep thinking of her and she will show herself in your dreams. She isn’t in pain anymore.

Bonnie

May God bless her family and my heart goes out to them. I have an 11 year old son with CF and it saddens me to see someone so young pass away from such a terrible disease. If you would like to learn more about CF, my sons battle with CF or to make a donation to help find a cure for CF please visit this website www.cff.org/great_strides/bonniemccauley4742

Mary T.

Prayers and sympathy to the family..............................