Lohan

Accused of Being Smashed

During Smash-Up

6/14/2007 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is being sued by a man who claims she was drunk when she crashed her Mercedes into his van after leaving the famous Ivy restaurant in West Hollywood in 2005. He is suing both Lohan and The Ivy.

Lohan lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Raymundo Ortega claims Lohan, who was 19 at the time, was dining at The Ivy ... "where she consumed alcohol and became intoxicated" minutes before the wreck. The suit alleges that "The Ivy's conduct of serving alcoholic beverages to Lohan was a factor in causing the injuries to Ortega."

Ortega claims that on the day of the accident, Lohan was "driving recklessly" at 60 MPH to avoid having her picture taken by paparazzi and "looking over her shoulder instead of watching the road." As a result, Ortega is suing both The Ivy and Lohan for damages in excess of $200,000.

In the suit, Ortega accuses Lohan of having a history of "racing and speeding with Mercedes Benz high performance car and as a result received several speeding tickets and has been in several accidents."

Reps for Lohan were not immediately available for comment.

elle vous deteste

so who REALLY holds the exclusive?
you guys or that bloated idiot, perez?

Terry

I didn't realize until I read the documents Lindsay fled the accident *zoom*.
I believe the police did an investigation and said the press was not to blame?.
I think she uses the press ( and anything else) when ever her addictions get her into trouble
The guy is also claiming in his lawsuit that Lindsay was under the influence of Drugs and Alcohol.
Or just alcohol or just drugs lol He is covering it all! TMZ forgot to mention that in the article.

SmileyLJ

Surprise, surprise... I wonder how many more lawsuits againt Lindsay Lohan will be filed in the future. Unfortunately, I think we may see many lawsuits against Lohan unless she cleans her act up and becomes responsible. If Lohan wants to continue to drink alcohol then go ahead but CALL A CAB OR HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER AT ALL TIMES, we all need to have a designated driver if we are going out and drinking alcohol because imagine all of the lives we would save if we all had a designated driver...

But I don't understand why the guy waited until 2 years to file this lawsuit against Lohan??? Whats up with that???? If that was my van that she hit I would have filed the lawsuit the day after the accident happened!!!!

Catbird

Ok have we all forgotten that this train wreck either just turned 21 or is not quite there yet? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with her repeatedly getting into DRUNKEN CAR WRECKS where she's DRIVING???......sigh....

fame ho

The fact that a letter was sent asking COCO head Lohand to pay the 12K for damages and WAS IGNORED by Cocaine LOHAND and her people....sue her ass and I hope the win 2 million dollars.......YEAH.............all the way to the courthouse. We all have to deal with our car accidents...but people like Coco head...just just ignore letters for damages....Sue her ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs I hope that pathetic drunk 20 year loses BIGTIME................

Mia

Steadman is gay, has been, will always be. Cut him some slack, he and O have way too much integrity to suffer being listed in the same sentence as LL. LL is an unfortunate, undereducated, undisciplined, underdeveloped, unpunished slut. Her mom is a wannabe. I hope her siblings break free of that home influence, and see how their sister has disgraced herself. Not a big deal, if you plan to live in a van down by the river. Kids, don't let your roots define you! There is room still for old school class, talent and romance. Or philanthropy. Or exploration. Or Croc Hunting. Point being, get passionate about something REAL!

Amy Silverman

What a peice of white low life trash Lindsey & her slut drunk mom whore are. Pull The Ivey's bussiness & liquor licenses.Make these "star" hang outs close/ Is Hollyweird nothing but trash any more? LAPD & ABC get busy-Do your damn jobs!

Amy Silverman

Sue The Ivey for giving her drinks also!

Salsa!

Please TMZ or anyone else on the internet if someone could post info on how to help the family of the woman who died at the ER I would appreciate it. I did not know her however what happened there was inexcusable and preventable I send out my prayers to the family. On Nancy Grace the other nite someone had the audacity to call in and ask if she was refused treatment because she might be an illegal immigrant! This clearly is not true this idiot assumed this going by her last name. What has become of this nation? seriously. I'm upset, sickened, and distraught. I can only hope everyone involved is charged. This did not have to happen.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

To fellow poster #74: Where do you get your info that Stedman is gay? If that were true it would make the rumor of his wild affair with Dina (and the subsequent free for all with Tara) just a wildly spread untrue rumor. Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know why you attack Dina in your post. You seem worship Oprah, Stedman and I guess Gayle. I guess Oprah promoting frozen croissant dough from Williams and Sonoma on her sad, pathetic, housefrau-cult television show makes her Gandhi.

Dina has raised three beautiful children. People attack her because of unresolved hatred directed at their own mothers. I have never seen such hateful and unsympathetic posts as those directed to Dina...especially those surrounding that argument with Tara. Think about it... and have a nice day...

me R

Quit putting the blame on someone else . If you stars don't wont your picture taken then get out of the business . I'm sick of hearing that they don't have there privacy (will then be a no body like the rest of use are). It looks like she'll be in the same place as Pairs .

rovoo

If the charge is true then she has to pay for the damages, but why he waited for 2 years to file the claim I think there is a statue of limitation for that, I'm not sure, I hope the statue of limitation will be 3 years.

stop the madness

A world study puts America at 40 on alcohol use ."But when Lohan gets out of rehab that will change" Jae Lenno

stop the madness

buy the way I agree with stan post #33

Paul

She's a red headed retard.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments