Lohan

Accused of Being Smashed

During Smash-Up

6/14/2007 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is being sued by a man who claims she was drunk when she crashed her Mercedes into his van after leaving the famous Ivy restaurant in West Hollywood in 2005. He is suing both Lohan and The Ivy.

Lohan lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Raymundo Ortega claims Lohan, who was 19 at the time, was dining at The Ivy ... "where she consumed alcohol and became intoxicated" minutes before the wreck. The suit alleges that "The Ivy's conduct of serving alcoholic beverages to Lohan was a factor in causing the injuries to Ortega."

Ortega claims that on the day of the accident, Lohan was "driving recklessly" at 60 MPH to avoid having her picture taken by paparazzi and "looking over her shoulder instead of watching the road." As a result, Ortega is suing both The Ivy and Lohan for damages in excess of $200,000.

In the suit, Ortega accuses Lohan of having a history of "racing and speeding with Mercedes Benz high performance car and as a result received several speeding tickets and has been in several accidents."

Reps for Lohan were not immediately available for comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

duke

Hey Brian, why don't you just ask Dina for a pair of her stinky panties and go off and inhale them til you die. What a moron. Dina is an unfit mother who wouldn't have a dime without Lindsay's money. Dina says she is living the American Dream? Who do you think pays for Dina's dreamy life, Brian, that would be LINDSAY, moron. And Lindsay is finally understanding the truth about her blood-sucking bitch of a mother and doesn't even want to see her.

Angelina, I would never call you skinny, that is a gross understatement of what you really are - an anorexic skank with an obvious eating disorder because you are such an unhappy , creepy person. And how do you breastfeed when you are rarely with your kids? Who you trying to snow?

As if....

of course # 13 that is why they come to america to sue the americans cause god knows they are good for nothing except to "sponge" off of us. they know when they come here they get whatever they want. it's really sad.

My Two Cents

This guy is probably an illegal mexican immigrant who stopped his car knowing the mercedes behind him would run into him. I worked for a plaintiff lawfirm whose clients were 99% mexican illegal immigrants. They have learned to sue in this country and the MAJORITY of those accidents were REAREND accidents. The other drivers had nice cars meaning they has INSURANCE. I worked on hundreds of auto accidents in this firm so this is a FACT!!!!!!!! I wouldn't blame Lindsay this time. I would blame the mexican driver.

Scott

This is kind of ridiculous, last week they were suing for $4K aprox. now it's up to $200K , perhaps judicial expediency should really look at this case and see it for what it is. Limit it to what was realistically lost by the accident to the van in question. Perhaps $200/day for 7 days for body work plus the cost to fix the body damage. Even here in Boston you can rent a vehicle for that price plus cover the body damage. The 200K asking price is way too excessive.

My Two Cents

To the legal secretary (LKRIK2881) who said this was not on the court's website - it was only filed yesterday. This case will be on the website by Monday. How can you even imply this looks bogus. I have seen enough lawsuits filed in L.A. Central court to know this is a real lawsuit. Real lawsuit - illegal mexican immigrant out for a buck!!!!!

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Jack,

I don't understand your comment about Dina's panties? Your hatred against women is very very odd. Is that perhaps because you secretly desire to become a woman? Well Jack(ie), go for it! I support you 100%. In the mean time if you ever want a no holds barred fight let me know I would love to cripple you for what you said about Angelina and Dina? Chicken .. Let me know!!!!!!

sk8rgurl

To: " I worked for a plaintiff lawfirm whose clients were 99% mexican illegal immigrants. They have learned to sue in this country and the MAJORITY of those accidents were REAREND accidents. The other drivers had nice cars meaning they has INSURANCE. I worked on hundreds of auto accidents in this firm so this is a FACT!!!!!!!! I wouldn't blame Lindsay this time. I would blame the mexican driver.

Posted at 11:55AM on Jun 15th 2007 by My Two Cents"
_______________________________________________________________________

You worked for a law firm... me too.... and you worked on hundreds of auto accidents... which means you must have only worked there for about six months at the max...get over yourself and find a job where you're not filing false claims...god it must suck to have your job.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Jack still waiting to hear when you want to fight... CHICKEN

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6