Prince Harry:

Who's My Daddy?!

6/14/2007 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For years, rumors have swirled questioning the paternity of Great Britain's Prince Harry. Red hair say what?

0614_prince_harry_2-1
While reports have always suggested that Diana's flame-haired ex-lover, James Hewitt (left), may be the late Princess' real baby daddy, author Christopher Anderson claims in his new book "After Diana," that now Harry (center) himself wants to take a DNA test to put the rumors to rest. Over the Queen's dead body!

Although Harry and Hewitt both share a carrottop likeness, it should be noted that Diana's brother, Earl Spencer (right), is also a redhead. So there is some red in Diana's blue blood!

Should Harry decide to go ahead and take a DNA test against the Queen's wishes, he might want to stay out of Parisian tunnels.

anonymous

Prince Harry looks like Charles and Diana combined.

Whatever

He has his fathers (charles) forhead, close set eyes, and his ears. BTW prince william doesn't look alot like charles either are why isn't anyone saying this about him?

sherry

For poster #3. Brown eyes do not always dominate. I have very dark brown eyes and my ex-husband has blue eyes. Both of my daughters have blue eyes. You can never tell just by that alone.

mare

has anyone ever wondered if Camilla's kids are legit. She never really broke it off with
Charles). Do a DNA test of her kids

stephanie

I think he's Charles' son.
And I think that the Royals have already done the test and know the answer.

I wish people would leave the boys alone. Regardless of who is "father", Harry is a royal and will be treated as such.

Dash

You guys have the brown eye/blue eye thing wrong. It is totally possible for a brown eyed person to produce a blue eye child. Brow is dominant, blue is recessive. A person can be whats call a genetic hybrid - have a gene for brown and one for blue, but since the brown is dominant, that trait will be expressed - and the result will be a brown eyed person. If both parents have the recessive blue genes, then the child can inheret from both and have blue eyes. What would be hard to explain genetically is two blue eyed parents having a brown eyed child. Since you need to have a double recessive for the blue to be expressed, the should be no brown genes.

Heather

"3. If Harry's eyes are actually blue, then Hewitt can't be the father as his eyes are brown & brown eyes are dominate.... I don't beleive it would be genetically possible."

Oh, Sonya...check your science. First of all, Diana's eyes were blue. That means she had the double recessive (ie bb)...and even if either father (Hewitt or the Prince of Wales) carries the dominant and recessive (ie Bb, not BB), then that DNA crosses with Diana's and can easily make blue. In fact, odds are pretty darned good of getting blue eyes if you have a dom/recessive mix with a double recessive.

Also, there's no question about my parentage, nor the parentage of my two siblings (espcially my sister, who is the doppelganger of our Dad)...we all have blue eyes, but our parents have brown. One grandparent on each side had blue eyes...that recessive trait comes through if it has the chance. My dad's eyes are even fading to blue-grey from brown as he gets older.

Wow, I can't believe I just commented on TMZ with a science response...I've really got to get something better to do with my time.

Nicole

@ 35, actually two blue eyed parents CAN produce brown eyed (or ANY eye colored) children. The same rules apply. It's less likely that they will, but it can happen.

SLC

I have no doubt that Prince Charles is his father. He looks so much like him, poor thing!

Bev

ok folks biology lesson 101. 2 Blue eyed parents can only make blue eyed baby, but should one parent have brown eyes and one have blue generally (but not always) the child will have brown eyes. Red hair is a ressive gene so it can show up generation down the line. AND Jules #5 Don't be a moron of course TMZ wasn't suggesting she slept with her brother. What they are suggesting is that red har is in Diana's FAMILY so it is not unlikely that one of her children would have red hair because RED HAIR IS A RESESSIVE GENE meaning mommy and daddy do not have red hair to have a red hair baby, all that is needed is only one person in the genetic tree to have red haie no matter how far back in the gentic tree they go. So lesson for today DNA is still the BEST way to to tell paternity. To tell the truth it is reall no ones busines other than ppl directly involved.

Penelope

I have seen other photos of Hewitt and Harry looked like a clone of him. Who is to know when the affair started? certainly Diana didnt make an announcement when she first bedded Hewitt. And wouldnt it be a hoot, her coup de tat, if she did produce a spare and he didnt have any of the beastly bunch's blood??? He should find out and then he could lead a better life! Here in the USA we believe that everyone is created equally, so why do we even look at royalty? it goes against our constitution and our Declaration of Independence. If they want to be Royalty, they should have an election, and they should run for the position. I do think Harry is the son of Hewitt, and he has the better genes for it!!!

AnnaNicoleIsJesus

Prince Harry looks exactly like his father. Charles.

It's evident in his facial features, its structure and also in the turn of his ears.

He's Charles' son for sure. No doubt about it.

It's all been very intriguing up until now where it seems a waste of time to consider that he's other than Prince Charles' natural son.

Any doubt I had before were all dispelled with recent photos. As he matures, he looks more and more like his father. He and William are full brothers. As with my nephews they all have slight color variations some more blonde than others, their sister however is brunette and she looks nothing like her mother... yet.

give the girl a break

This is asinine! I feel sorry for Prince Harry. All his life he has been shunned by the public. First, he was the younger brother to the much hotter Prince William (which I don't believe at all...Harry is WAY better looking). Then, everyone was calling him a wimp, so he joined the British armed forces and demanded to be sent to Iraq, the Brits refused and sent him to Canada instead, and now everyone is calling him a royal wimp again. And now they're trying to say Prince Charles isn't his father? The kid can't get a break! And his stubborn grandmother won't let him get a DNA test, which I don't believe he needs to do either, but nonetheless, he just wants to get people off his back! It just goes to show that the media truly will make up anything to get higher ratings. So sad that our culture is that blood thirsty to attack such a class family over and over again.

JENNIFER

BTW TMZ, shame on you!! That tunnel comment was just so low. How much $$$ did you make off of Diana??

sick of paris

I saw a clip of the interview of the 2 princes for Dateline - to air on Monday. ANYONE can see after a few minutes that Harry speaks, looks and has the mannerisims of his father - PRINCE CHARLES.....Good Lord TMZ