WWE -- No Killer Zone

6/26/2007 11:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After authorities revealed the grisly details of Chris Benoit's final days, the WWE is changing their tune. In a televised statement, aired just moments ago on Sci Fi Channel's ECW, Vince McMahon made it clear -- they will no longer honor the memory of the murdering wrestler:

"Last night on 'Monday Night Raw,' the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world -- entertain you."

AJ

why would he bound his wife? Have you seen this female? She would have , and I'm sure.. put up a good fight for her life. He knew this, and that's WHY.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Poster # 981 WWE fan stated" You know what pisses me off about this whole thing is how people keeping bringing up the DAMN STEROIDS wtf is wrong with you people you want to know why the word "STEROIDS" is being brought up so much"

Response: People are rightfully connecting anabolic steroid abuse for a host of legit reasons

1. Because unfortunetly wrestlers are prone to abusing them for bluking up and maintaining that muscle huge muscle mass.
2. Because of the rage, paranoia, and bizarre aggressive behavior that steroid abuse causes.
3. Most anabloic steroid abusers even those with them prescibed by a doctor are prone to taking 10-60 times the prescribed dosage.
4. Because long term use can be addictive, with signs of serious wthdrawels symptoms when they quit cold turkey

tba

McMahon fosters the warped culture of the WWE. McMahon is satan who oversees the pile of young dead wrestlers who haven't made it past their 45th birthday.

As for it's fans, you're just as responsible for it's support and not demanding answers to so many questions and deaths.

(Former) WWE Fan

While Vince may have instituted a no-steroids policy, he clearly still likes well-built wrestlers working for him and offers them more money. So they are between a rock and a hard place, follow the rules or make less money/get less screen time/lose your job. I mean, Batista is in a high-profile fight every night and has massive muscles and Funaki is trotted out once every couple months to be reduced to a pulp by some massive muscle guy and he is just average in his size. I mean last time Funaki came out I was dumbfounded, her stats were about the same as my husband's but my husband actually has large bones and muscles naturally and in real life without a Batista next to him Funaki would be an impressive guy. But Vince likes freaks of nature and freaks of steroids. Until he changes the standards for physique and not just drugs, senseless tragedies like this could happen again.

(Former) WWE Fan

To 88, steroids can cause psychosis that can last for up to months. All the naysayers here are relying on what the popular name "roid rage" implies. But it is not a scientific name and does not reflect the true side effects of steroids.

(Former) WWE Fan

That was a typo that I referred to Funaki in my post above as "her"-not quite sure how that came out of my fingers...I meant "his."

cat b

When will America wake up and begin to take domestic violence seriously?
The signs already there for this wrestler and his wife...as his wife had made statement before of domestic violence,but withdrew in a attempt to repair the marriage and avoid divorce.
My first marriage was to a body builder and before he used steroids he had somewhat of a predisposition toward anger issues, but once steroids were thrown into the mix it was fuel to a fire already begining to burn.
Men who batter are cowards, and bullies ...He bound his wife before he beat her and strangled her...Never giving her a chance to fight back or to flee with their son.
I am a survivor of domestic violence.I got out when I knew Id be sending a message to my daughter this is exceptable or the message to my sons this is how a man deals with conflict.
There is no excuse to raise your hand to another human being ...we are not animals .
"while we are human let us remain humane."
We need to breed domestic violence out .
We start by sending a clear message to our children this is not a way to handle conflict .

Don

i,m not a big fan of wrestling but i do watch the news and it was said that he did this in a fit of rage,but it was stated in the paper his wife died friday and he and his son died saterday,the rage thing don,t click for me at all !! maybe everyone is jumping the gun , who all had access to his home? and who had what to gain?

cazmite

Yes dear WWE fans... no matter how great you were in your life, killing people makes you a murderer. This case, a cold blooded premeditated one. Yes dear fan, it throws a dim light on anything once "great" about you, forever. Just look at OJ. One major issue with this country and our people is, rarely does anyone want to make themselves accountable for their actions. Always and excuse as to why. Roids, Sugar, PMS, my personal favorite is "but they made me". We and we alone are responsible for our actions. The only behavior we can really change is our own. Until roid users see it as a personal problem for themselves, nothing will change. "Illegal" in this country means no more than a "yeah, but". But I digress. Tragic as all this is, murder happens all the time, and people are getting complacent about it. That's the sad part.

rose

i cant believe vince on ecw we should remember his career he was a great wrestler. good to know what he really thinks of his wrestlers we dont know what was going on with chris .if your a true fan of chris we should be supporting him and not turn our backs on him like vince and his coworkers. my prayers our with his family and his true friends.

Eric

Vince is no saint. The WWE has an "alleged" aggressive policy on steroid use/abuse. Chris Benoit's last test reported negative. I find it hard to believe that Vince McMahon would still be involved with abuse of the drugs, especially after the trouble he had in the 90s I believe. His corporation would be in extreme jeopardy if he was still wading in murky steroid waters. That being said, Vince is a body builder and if anyone has caught a glimpse of him, has an incredible physique for anyone at any age... I'm sure he's in a gray area or pushing the limits of "supplements" to his diet and exercise routines. But let's not forget, Chris Benoit took these drugs... so if they were indeed to blame for his altered state, let's not forget that Chris Benoit was to blame for taking them. He was a very talented wrestler. Never showed a physique that made me think he was on steroids... he made up for lack of size with actual athleticism. My thoughts are with his family. The tribute show was a good idea on Monday night. If not to honor Chris Benoit, then to help the employees of the WWE grieve.

Chris Black

I still can't belive it of him,
But it happend, no denying it, he WAS a great wrestler and I always loved watching him, its just a shame the whole thing had to end like this;
But theres no excuse for murder, and Vince is doing the right thing.

Scott

I just think it is ashame that our children look up to these people. My son is all about wrestling, he was very upset when hearing this news. I pass judgment on nobody as I am not perfect. But if there is a hell it is meant for anybody who hurts children, although the religious people will have you believe that if Chris ask for forgivness he will be accepted into the gates of heaven....I don't think so.

kayfabe investigator

Monday night, Vince was probably wondering what Benoit family member would hold his company responsible and sue him. Remember.....this is a business built on lies anyway, so damage control is top priority.......For years, the people at the WWE have lived in that "Grey Area", not knowing where fantasy ends and reality begins........Benoit was a great wrestler inside the ring. Outside, he was a quitter. He murdered his family, then tapped out on life............

Ivy

Gee, this is strange...Wasn't Vince supposed to have been killed in that limo explosion!?!

Of course, I and every one else knew this was another one of Vince's lame publicity schemes, we all knew he was alive. I am so glad that his little story had to end now and didn't go one for months. I wonder why he even came up with this stupid limo explosion story anyway. He must have been planning on going on vacation or having surgery or something like that.
Although it is very sad that the Benoit murder/suicide tragedy is the reason he had to break his silence, and end his little game.
I feel so sorry for Benoit's other children, they have got to be going through hell right now. I hope that WWE remembers these kids, and helps them in anyway they can.