Richie Finally Gets It:

'I Have a Responsibility'

8/1/2007 8:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In tomorrow's interview with Diane Sawyer on "Good Morning America," Nicole Richie is going to sound very strange -- like an adult!

Richie, who has (finally) admitted to being four months pregnant, handled Sawyer's questions like a champ. When asked about putting people's lives at risk with her DUI arrest last December, Richie said, "If I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving, I would." Not bad, Nicole. Not bad at all.

Catch the full interview Thursday morning on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Robin

I am happy for her. Kids do make you grow up and she is taking responsibility. I hated the way both Nicole and Paris were protrayed on "The Simple Life". The first season was cute. After that it was just "stupid and down right unnecessary". Nicole and Paris are both very well educated and talented (not in acting) but in musical insturments. I think the "makers" that be of the Simple Life "pimped them out.

dom

That's quite an impossible task Nicole. Instead of spouting off statements you know are impossible, just to make you look better, why don't you put those words into action and do some work for M.A.D.D. or something instead of chasing your baby daddy around on a tour bus?

Quit the vicodin, it's not good for the baby. Try eating a burger instead.

Catsy2

One huge difference between Nicole and Hilton is that Nicole is actually taking responsibility for what she did. And admits to doing drugs. Hilton, as we all shudder to remember, lied on Larry King. She said she had never done drugs, and just went on and on with absolute BS. Nicole is acting like an adult, and with some integrity.

Ash

I hope this is not an act Nicole. Keep it up, do the next right thing. Get done whatever you have to do and don't do it again. Take care of yourself and your baby. I wish you well! ((HUGS)).

Laura

How many times is this dumb interview going to be news today?

Chris Tian & Friends

Chris Tian and Friends are very proud to hear that NICOLE RICHIE is pregnant and is going to be a mother. R&B singer/songwriter Chris Tian from Portsmouth, N.H., who met with Lionel Richie in Los Angeles 5 years ago with his 5 1/2 octave voice range says that Lionel was very nice to him and Tian can also feel that anyone that is close with Lionel must also be compassionate. Therefore, Tian feels that Nicole Richie is just as human as the rest of us and say's despite the media hype, He is in big support for people trying to heal and live life one day at a time. Most importantly, Tian wants Nicole to be very happy!

By the way, Chris Tian has had ASSOCIATED PRESS this past March and has been recording with BLACK EYED PEAS recording artist/guitarist named J. Curtis. Tian's HIT song with J. Curtis is called, "BABY COME on OUT."

Chris Tian & Friends for Nicole Richie

gingergirl

Best of luck Nicole, I'm sure that you will be a good mother.

Desiree

I feel SO sorry for her poor baby. The first three months determine how the baby will turn out, healthwise, and all those drugs, all that drunkeness, this poor baby is probably totally screwed up already. And what is wrong with Joel, he didn't even use protection with this promiscuous skank? God only knows what the two of them have, disease-wise. You'd think a grown man would use protection with someone who has been as sexually promiscuous as Nicole. What a jerk. This poor, poor baby.

Peeps

I'm sure this bimbo was coached by her p.r. people.

lin

I guarantee Auntie Paris will give Nicole all her dogs old clothes for a baby shower gift, Not only because it will be as small as a toy chihuahua, but because she's cheap too.

Mary-Helen

I've always been a fan of Nicole. She's always seemed a little more level headed than Paris and the other hoebags. She was so calm during her time with DJ AM and despite ths arrest, has always seemed so rational. I never bought those eating disorder stories because she was so upfront about her weight and her steps to fix it. I'm glad she is taking responsibity for her actions and despite the fact that I hate his music, I'm glad Joel is stepping up.

Amy Jessup

I am so happy for her. Lionel must be so proud, his little girl has grown up, and he gets to be a grandpa. Congrats to all.

SURGARPIE

NICOLE YOU ARE GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL MILF!

Liz

Wow... I'm at a loss for words. I sure hope she puts her money where her mouth is.

No Nonsense Grandma!

I WAS THERE FOR THE INTERVIEW!
EVERTYHING WAS GOING WELL, UNTIL THE CUE CARDS FELL, AND THEN NICOLE WAS SPEECHLESS, WE HAD TO STOP TAPING, ETC, ETC.

AY, DIOS MIO!!!!!!!!!!